Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls
Economy Inn(Cuyahoga Falls)
Courtyard Akron Downtown(Akron)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsriver viewthe club loungestarbucks coffeeliving roomrooms are spacioushotel restaurantbeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetan upgradestayed longerpull out couchmini fridgebusiness tripupon checknight's sleepking bedindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. All staff were very pleasant, from the front desk to the resturant. The rooms were the 2 seperate room, 2 TV Sheraton suite set up that I like with a large bathroom. Ask for a room on the river side for the view. Hotel is on some falls on the Cuyahoga river with a walkway and decks overlooking the river. Indoor pool and spa where much larger than average with very nice fitness center overlooking these. If you like walking, just across the road the city closed off a street to make an open air mall along the river for fairs, movies, concerts, etc. A few resturants and bars as well as walkway along river. Made for a nice stroll. Resturant overlooks the falls for nice view. Large lobby and adequate parking. Nice choice for something different in the Akron area.

Room Tip: River side rooms have the view, other side is the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

JD, thank you so much for your kind review of your recent stay with us. We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed your two room river view suite as well as the nearby Riverfront Square District. Your patronage is highly valued and we look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel is definitely dated and not in a good way and It smelled of cheap air-freshener. I was impressed that there were two front desk attendants on a Sunday afternoon, but they were not very friendly. They seemed too absorbed in their own conversation than to welcome guests as they arrived. The room was spacious, but again, dated. At 5pm we went downstairs to the restaurant for dinner and found that it's not open on Sundays. A little disappointing because there is a spectacular view of the falls from the restaurant. There were a number of restaurants nearby, so it wasn't a total bust. Around 8pm, my husband and I got ready for bed and planned to watch an hour or two of television before sleeping. The TV in the bedroom did not work. After calling the front desk two times and not getting an answer, I looked up the hotel number and called from my cell phone ... the phone was promptly answered. I told them I had tried to get their attention via the front desk button on my room phone and could not; they said they were probably busy with another customer--At 8pm on a Sunday night? ... not likely. An apology was not offered. When I told her our TV was not working she said that maintenance was on break and it would be another 20 minutes before she could send someone up. Again, no apology that we were experiencing a problem. FORTY minutes later, a maintenance man arrived. After 5 minutes or so, he determined that the HD "card" in the television was not working and he could replace it if we wanted but it would be about an hour. At this point, we were over it and said thanks, but no thanks. You would think they would have offered to move us to another room. We don't usually stay at Sheraton Suites, so maybe this is typical for this chain of hotels. I can say that most of the other chains we use are more accommodating. For the money, $193.70 for a one-night stay, I would go else where. Would I stay here again? Probably not!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Sandy, let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel, we very much appreciate your business. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I have reviewed your comments with the Front Office Manager and Chief Engineer so we can prevent future instances of disappointment. Sandy, although we cannot change the previous experience, we hope to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Booked this hotel because it was highly rated & wanted to surprise my 90-yr old mom with some luxury. Stay definitely started off on wrong foot. I had called the day before to reconfirm my resv due to the fact that we were arriving late & wanted to make sure the room type I reserved was available. They assured me it would be. After flying 11 hrs we arrived at 11:30pm & the front desk agent gave us the keys to our room (last room at end of looooong hall next to ice machine) and it was a king bed (I'd reserved 2 queens). Left mom standing in hallway & I went back to desk & was told quite rudely that the room had a bed & a sofa so the reservation was fulfilled. I told him that after traveling over 11 hrs I was not in the mood to sleep on a couch. He again very kurtly told me well this is all there is available - take it or leave it. Of course I was between a rock & a hard place as I couldn't hardly pull my poor tired mom & all the luggage back out to the car & start looking for another place at midnight. Needless to say it was one of the most miserable nights I've had. The ice machine ran constantly & was as loud as a lawn blower, and who goes to get ice at 4:00am?? The rude conduct of the desk agent was unnecessary & totally unprofessional. I was as courteous as I could be under the circumstances & tried to plead my case to him having left my poor mom alone in the hallway at 11:30 at night.
Next morning I promptly went to front desk & asked to see the manager. She of course apologized for the behavior or the night desk clerk & said she would bring it up with him. We were moved to a new room at noon.
For the price paid (which was expensive) the value definitely isn't there. The view of the falls is nice but the rooms are pretty much Motel 6 style, nothing fancy. The beds are nice with nice linens. The sofa & chairs are worn & stained, one of the cushions was totally torn. The bathroom is pretty standard, nothing fancy. Surprisingly there is only one sink in all the rooms. The windows are really dirty & streaked making the view of the falls not that great. Housecleaning did not come in till between 3:00 & 4:00 each day.
Would NOT spend the money to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Red, we appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations. Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality you anticipated. Again, thank you for your review and we hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Pleasant, courteous staffs. Beautiful view from the window over looking the falls. Room is extra large with living room and bedroom. The bar was fun. Walking to the Irish Festival on weekend. Will like to come back to this hotel again for the next visit. The only thing is the train can wake you up if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times for business and have been very happy with the hotel. The rooms are GIANT. Also, the first time I stayed here I didn't realize there are rapids directly behind the hotel and you can see them via a balcony. Follow the signs to the Rock Elevator. My kids and husband enjoyed the pool while I was at my meetings. The hotel is a little old, but well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jeffrey L, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Rebecca, thank you for sharing your experiences here on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that your overall impression of our hotel was positive and that you were able to enjoy our Rock Elevator and views of the rapids as well as our pool. We very much value your patronage and look forward to serving you in the future when your travels bring you back to the Akron/Cuyahoga Falls area.