New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls

Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cuyahoga Falls
Munich, Germany
“What a beautiful place and breathtaking view of Cuyahoga Falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This Sheraton has nice suites and a great view from the restaurant. One cannot view the Cuyahoga Falls from the road. Despite not preserving the the falls from intrusive development the restaurant or viewing area from the main floor is a must. The man-built falls and the natural flow of water is beautiful during winter. Ice along the rocks and cascading water were impressive.

The food in the restaurant was average. Service is ok. The lounge at night the bartender was downright rude. Possibly the character of citizens in northern Ohio. Much different than service I am used to. We were ignored and told to wait. Cheesy mushrooms were ok but the nachos with cheese were better.

Room Tip: The rooms along the falls are more. If you have time to relax and want to see nature in fall or wint...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Arabic first
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My son and I stayed here during for his college visit.We had separate rooms, but both of our suites were very spacious. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. The beds are nice and comfy. My room faced the river and it was a very nice scenic view. I have since moved to the area, but will suggest that family members stay here, when they come to visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Akron OHio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This has got to be the best hotel in the area. I stayed in 2 rooms on my visit. The king suites are set up to enclose the bedroom and living room and each have their own bathroom entrance. Very private for a family of 4 with the respect to the square footage. The 2 story suites are very spacious. Bedding and toiletries were plentiful and pleasant in both rooms. Novo lounge is a great place to hangout and live entertainment on Friday/Saturday. The bartender John is great.

• Stayed October 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

I have to stay here because of work. If I had to spend my own money I certainly would choose a place with better service. The Club Room is a joke and not worth $10 dollars let alone the $34 they charged my company. The air and heat do not work well and the shower in every room I have stayed in leaks and had no pressure. I hsve petitioned to get moved either to the Country Suites or the mariott.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank blob101
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is located in my hometown, and we stayed here in mid-November on a trip home to see my folks - and my folks couldn't host us. The hotel is well appointed and clean, and we really like having a separate "bedroom" for our kids - they can go to bed and we can stay up and watch TV. The downside for us was that our room faced the river, which meant it also faced the train tracks. We always travel with a small fan to drown out noise/create white noise, and this didn't even touch the train whistle noise. After our first night, we asked, first thing in the morning, to be moved to a different room facing the opposite side of the hotel. The young man at the front desk did this immediately - to the room directly across from our original one, which made moving all of our things a snap. So, while not ideal the first night, the willingness of the hotel staff to move us was wonderful! We had a much better sleep the second night and enjoyed the breakfast buffet the next morning, which wasn't cheap, but not overpriced either for having an omlette station which would also fry up eggs and make pancakes, waffles, or french toast! We would stay here again - we would just be sure to get a room on the side of the hotel opposite the train tracks. We stayed here on points, so unable to fully appreciate the value equation of the room cost.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the river have much less train noise!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
chicago, il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We reserved three rooms for a weekend stay. The group we traveled with book approximately 20 rooms. The hotel was clean. The rooms were quiet and nicely decorated. Although there were weddings on property both nights of our stay, none of us had issues with the noise whatsoever. The rock walk off of the back of the building is beautiful and peaceful. I would highly recommend taking the time to experience that if you can. The staff were quite friendly and accomodating. We had a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank snapshot19
Olney, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A very nice hotel with some wonderful touches. The view is very cool on the river side, down onto the cascading Cuyahoga Falls. If you don't have one of these rooms, an elevator will take you down there, or you can soak it in from the restaurant, which I see is highly rated (but I didn't try it). Good exercise room, nice pool. The rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The staff has been great. A few things need upgraded. I was very psyched to go into the sauna. But I was in there for well over 20 minutes with the heat dial turned to its highest point and it never did heat up properly, so I left. I know it's expensive, but the aluminum windows on the river side are old and don't close properly...at least mine didn't. So there was chilly air both days, and the falls were, of course, noisy, which is wonderful when you're around them a little bit, but not so much for 48 hours.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 4 in Stow
4.5 of 5 stars 353 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn

Been to Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!