I was visiting family in NE Ohio for the holidays and thought I'd make a 'mattress run' to a Sarwood Property to pick up some points near years' end. The best deal I could find was Sheraton Suites in Cuyahoga Falls, which was pretty close. Since it's an all suite hotel I invited my sister and BIL to join me and they readily agreed.
The suite was a master BR, LR with a pullout bed, mini fridge and micro wave and one Bath. My sister and BIL used the master bedroom and I slept on the fold out couch. It's probably the first time I've ever slept on a fold out couch at a Starwood property but, actually, it was pretty comfortable. Both of the rooms had their own TV's so that worked well. My sister and BIL went 'antiqueing' (is that actually a word) while I stayed at the hotel and watched some football. It was a cold, rainy night and by the time they got back from their shopping they both hopped into the shower to warm up.
We went to dinner less than a 1/2 mile away (seperate review under restaurants on this page) and it was very good. My sister and BIL both commented that, in nice weather, it's about a 10 minute walk along the river and the falls and I can see how that would be very appealing in the summertime.
The hotel itself is nicely laid out. We were given a room with a river view that was very nice and the mini-fridge was handy for chilling a bottle of wine and storing the leftovers from dinner. Plenty of free parking which is not something you see in Southern Califrnia very often. LOL
Of course, being the 'holiday season' the hotel was very busy yet check in was quick and efficient. We had planned to have breakfast in their restaurant the next morning but the line was so long that we decided to drive 'home' and have breakfast there.
There is a nice bank of computers for guests to use if they like although I think that they also have wi-fi in their lobby.
Two complaints: some of the carpet needs to be cleaned.
Bigger complaint: took a walk on path above the river and it was littered with broken beer bottles and cigarette butts---not pretty. I blame the guests for this but still, it's up to the hotel to get this junk out of there promptly.
Would I stay there again? Yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Suites Hotel Akron/Cuyahoga Falls is located only minutes away from northeast Ohio's most popular leisure and business attractions. We are the area's most established full-service hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Akron/Cuyahoga Falls Hotel Cuyahoga Falls
- Sheraton Hotel Akron
- Sheraton Cuyahoga Falls
- Cuyahoga Falls Sheraton
- Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls Ohio