I seldom publically rate businesses. In this case I am hoping to reach the owners of this restaurant. You have invested hard earned dollars and made great improvements to the physical appearance of this building. Please address the management issues you have inside your walls.
The staff working Saturday night was advised well in advance of a fifteen-plus reservation after 8pm. (We ended up being seventeen in total). Staff had been cut down to one server prior to our arrival. They sat us in the bar side room. I saw two other tables in the main room and a couple at the bar when we arrived.
Our server did her best, but was totally overwhelmed mostly due to our ten minute staggered arrival times. The poor girl couldn't get drinks out to one table before the next table arrived.
In an effort to cut this LONG story short, here are a list of my observations:
1) Drinks were very slow coming from the bar. Since we were ordering martinis, delay time was obvious from the time our server left with our order to the time the bartender actually made our drinks. Then there was another delay until the server could actually return for the drinks. Major revenue loss in bar sales from our party.
2) We arrived at 8:15p and left at 10:45p, and NOT because we were having a slow and enjoyable meal together. Service was horribly slow.
3) At least 20 minutes after ordering, our server came back to advise you were out of two of the items that had been ordered. Why did it take so long for this discovery? Here is where I began to wonder the server's apptitude on your computer system. (Out of prime rib, lobster tails and something else that I fail to remember).
4) It was about this point in our experience that the noise in the bar radically increased. Yes, there were multiple customers at the bar, but also the phased staff was all at the bar. I know you understand our perception when our server couldn't keep up yet all the obviously-staff attired personnel were hanging out at the bar.
5) Our server spent a great deal of time trying to split checks in the end.
On a positive note, the martinis were GREAT (well shaken- kudos), the food was good.
Best of luck to you on your new adventure. I hope my comments prove to help improve your establishment.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.