“First visit.”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Very old building and nice ambiance. We both got burgers that the sign outside said were 1/2 price. But then we were told that was after 4pm! They were very good and we enjoyed a nice meal.

1  Thank Paul S
There are newer reviews for Lock 27

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Excellent prime rib on their beautiful and spacious patio! Service was excellent, food was great. Onion rings are a must have! Located in quaint Roscoe Village with fun shopping and a wine bar across the street! Can't wait to return and hear live music on the patio! First-floor and basement dining areas were full of character, as well! Definitely try this old-world gem while passing through Coshochton!

1  Thank tastyjones19
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Good food, interesting building. The service was a bit slow but nice. Prices were pretty reasonable.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'll agree with the other reviewers: the onion rings were good. At 7 dollars a plate, they were pricy, but one expects nothing less in a tourist trap area like Roscoe Village. Similarly at six dollars, my daughter's bowl of spaghetti was overpriced, especially since it was from the children's menu. It tasted good, however, and I don't even usually like spaghetti. I wish I could say my meal tasted as good as hers. Unfortunately it was horrible. The cole slaw was so bad it was inedible. The Philly cheesesteak was the worst I've ever had. The bun was plain, unbuttered, untoasted. A plop of beef was lumped in the middle, along with some grilled vegetables and a couple of slices of provolone. The meat was gamey, everything else bland, the bread dry and tasteless. And it was nine dollars. I will say that nearby steaks and salads looked good, but I can only judge on what I tasted. The place has potential along with some glaring flaws, and would be a good candidate for Robert Irvine and his restaurant makeover show.

1  Thank hungerquest
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We used to go to the Steak and Stein Restaurant when it was located in Zanesville and we loved their onion rings. They have since closed and moved to Coshocton and are now located with The Old Warehouse Restaurant. We stopped in for lunch a couple of weeks ago and ordered the onion rings and they are still as good as ever! We actually ordered half an order and couldn't believe how many we got! We each also had a cheeseburger (mine with blue cheese) and my fiance' with swiss and they also were very good. We got a side or order of cole slaw that was very tasty and huge. I would have liked to have tried some of their yummy looking desserts but we were way too full. The waitress was very attentive and friendly and we enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant. We look forward to going back when the weather is nice so we can sit out on the patio.

1  Thank Tigercar5

Been to Lock 27? Share your experiences!