“Nice, Peaceful and Interesting Boat Ride Through a Canal”

Monticello III Canal Boat Ride
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Nice, Peaceful and Interesting Boat Ride Through a Canal”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I summed it up in my title. It's a relaxing ride taking you back in time. If you're wanting a fast boat ride, this may not be for you because this boat is pulled like they were in the canal days, by horses! Woods and water obviously can cause mosquitoes, and although we never had a major issue like the posting below, we too are outdoor people and we came with repellent on. I highly recommend this unique travel back in time!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Taber33

Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Mosquito Pit”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I were looking forward to the relaxing canal boat ride, but it quickly turned into a nightmare. The moment the boat pushed off we were swarmed with mosquitoes. I am an avid hiker and this swarm was exponentially worse than any I have ever seen. The tour guide was selling mosquito repellant(which felt crooked to me) but had neglected to bring enough for even our small group. When I asked if they had anymore repellant the tour guide got creepy. He leaned towards me and got within a few inches of my face and just didnt say anything until he finally turned to walk away. The mosquitos became worse and worse and being trapped on a super slow moving boat while being feasted upon felt like torture.
All in all, the boat ride isn't worth eight bucks even without the mosquitos. The staff seemed poor to average as even the ticket sellers insulted us. I would only ever recommend this place to someone who had deeply wronged me. I would only ever visit again if I were a mosquito. The only positive thing that I can think of about this experience is that all of my mosquito bites will keep me from forgetting to get tested for west nile virus.

Visited July 2013