“Even the manager acted 5”

Coshocton Village Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Coshocton
“Even the manager acted 5”
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here during a wedding in Coshocton and it was horrible! By far, the worst experience ever! Our lock didn't work on our door! They told us they'd have to address it in the morning! Everyone else was booked do we just used the latch lock for the night. The next morning we asked when the door would be fixed and another lady came out and said, " we are taking care of it, so let us do our job". I said, " ma'am I'm not trying to be rude but our things are in our room and we have to meet other for breakfast and we don't feels comfortable leaving our things in the room of the door doesn't work". She came out from the desk straight at me, and literally put her hand 1/2 an inch to my face and said, " SIR, take your luggage out of your room if you're THAT concerned and we'll get to it when we can". I'm not at all a violent person, but when the " sales manager" did that...... Oh boy! We demanded to check out which we did and requested to speak to someone higher up then her and she said, " there isn't anyone"! We later called back and the hotel manager acted as if we were a bother! Never again will we stay there! Horrible! As fair as the room. Nothing great and wasn't the cleanest by any means!

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank Taber3
cvisteam, General Manager at Coshocton Village Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I am sorry to hear that you had a horrible experience here at the hotel. We are committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and sincerely regret what had happened with your experience. I have done some research into this matter a little further and have not been able to confirm this experience with either our maintenance department or front desk manager. Our maintenance requests are logged daily for both the repairs and completed tasks at hand, we have not been able to locate a complaint for the day of your stay. I have requested more information from you to help me to look further into this problem and have not heard from you. If you could please provide me with more information that would help assist me that would be appreciated. I am unsure what you experienced with our door locks works with our current door lock system. Our normal policy for any issue with a guest room is to help assist the problem, contact maintenance as soon as possible (even call them in if it is after hours), and get the customer taken care of. Again, I do apologize that we fell short on this with you and hope you return to give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed April 8, 2012

If you find yourself needing a room in Coshocton I recommend this place over other hotels or bed and breakfasts. Everything was a great during the stay. The service was very friendly ans spa and breakfast were refreshing. I gave a 4/5 overall because I was woke up a couple times by other room doors closing and a noisy air conditioner.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank 55brutus
Thank you for staying with us while you were in the area, I am glad to see you were able to take advantage of our indoor heated pool, sauna and hot tub. Also glad to hear you enjoyed our Deluxe Continental Breakfast, this is great way to start the day. We look forward to hosting a return visit from you while visiting to the area. Don't forget about the added benefits of becoming a Christopher Club Member like: late check outs, free upgrades and free stays.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was a very nice hotel: comfy bed with plenty of pillows, clean bathroom with nice soaps, etc. My room was, unfortunately, directly across from the elevator, so it was a bit loud.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Providence
Reviewed May 20, 2010

This was a first trip to this hotel. We spent 3 nights at this hotel and we will not be going back. We booked online requesting a nonsmoking room. When we arrived our room was on the 3rd floor. Not bad except that there are 7 rooms on the 3rd floor that are smoking rooms. The smell was atrocious. We complained to the front desk and they were nice enough to move us to the second floor....much better....but really what part of nonsmoking did they not understand.....we were half unpacked and had to move all of our stuff to another room. Our new room/suite was large and appeared clean.......however upon close inspection we noticed spots of blood on the shower curtain....again the staff corrected the problem.....but we were not too happy........nor did we feel comfortable in this environment. Rugs, bathroom, bedding were all clean....but window sill had some dead knats and cabinets by kitchen sink were dusty.......we have stayed in many hotels and this one did not measure up at all.......on a positive note....breakfast food was good with a nice variety to choose from. Dining and serving area was very clean. Waitstaff was exceptional......making sure that there was plenty of food......they never stopped in replenishing the cereal, eggs, waffles, juice, etc....we did not use the pool as it was being repaired....overall we would NOT recommend this place but rather you stay elsewhere.......there are a number of other hotels in the area............

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank keepersprings
thefbi
Reviewed May 2, 2010

The property is starting to show it's age and could use a face lift. That having been said, my review discards that aspect. There were something that really bothered me. There were hairs in the shower and on the bathroom floor. I had to move the night stand to plug in a power strip and there were mints on the floor under that stand. Not saying it was dirty but a little more attention to detail is needed. On the plus side the staff was very friendly and caring. I had problems getting an internet connect and they genuinely concern and got me help from their IT support. I will stay again but I would hope they double check their maids to ensure the place is clean.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank thefbi
Canton, MI
Reviewed July 15, 2009

I stayed here for one night while traveling on business. Front desk was very friendly and gave great suggestions for dinner. My room was very large with a full size kitchen. Bed was quite comfy with good quality pillows. Did not use pool/hot tub but it looked very clean. Not much to the fitness room. Very close to Roscoe Village, a local attraction.
I will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed November 30, 2007

This is a very nice place to stay. The room was beautiful...indoor pool...exercise room...complimentary breakfast...very nice. I loved it!!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coshocton
Berlin Resort
#2 of 4 in Coshocton
Amish Country Lodging
Amish Country Lodging
#2 of 10 in Berlin

Been to Coshocton Village Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!