“Highly Recommended by the Coshocton County Library Staff”

English Ivy Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 43 Restaurants in Coshocton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Housed in a Century home, English Ivy is a perfect lunch spot off the beaten path. The cooked fresh menu is perfect for a sandwich, soup, salad, pie kind of lunch with some hardier entrees also included in the offerings. Our server was sweet and efficient and the food was excellent.

We appreciate being seated at 20 minutes to close on the day they were breaking down to have the floors re-done over 4th of July weekend. In spite of the bustle of the prep work the patrons came first and we enjoyed our little local lunch stop immensely.

Get the pie! Get the soups! Well just come back until you have tried it all!

There are newer reviews for English Ivy Restaurant

Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I do not understand the negative reviews. There is nothing about English Ivy that is negative, except, perhaps the parking at a busy time. But there is always plenty of parking available on the street with very short walks. The food, atmosphere, staff, AND owners are first class. I have NEVER witnessed any loud or demeaning remarks from the owners towards the staff. In fact, the owners are so soft-voiced and easy-going that I doubt if they could yell if they had to. I suggest that the poster of the comment re: this issue must have confused English Ivy with another establishment OR was stating his/her opinion after an inordinate consumption of alcohol. And to the poster who complained about the decor, or lack thereof, REALLY???? Have you had your glasses checked, lately? Btw, I am not a relative or close friend of the owners or any of the employees.

1  Thank JHMCCLURE
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My friend and I have had lunch at English Ivy several times when we are visiting Coshocton. This past Saturday we both enjoyed the Enchilada. It was delicious! We also got to meet the owner who cashed us out at the register. He is a very pleasant man who takes great pride in the food that is served and also his employees! I can't wait to visit with our husbands to enjoy one of their evening meals in the future.

1  Thank Marcia G
Reviewed June 17, 2014

First visit, lunch with Family, beautifully decorated Victorian Home converted to a restaurant. I had Homemade Chicken Pot Pie, the crust was awesome, could have had a little more Chicken. Salad was a plentiful serving of fresh greens with a variety of dressings. The desserts are homemade at a good price ! Service could have been a little better, but they were busy ! I will be back for lunch another time !

Reviewed May 28, 2014

It never fails to be a good visit to English Ivy......always confident to take friends who have not been there.....for a small town, consistently good food.