“Lunch break”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Good place for quick sandwich and soup. Some issues with parking since it is well liked. Worth the trip.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My friend and I "happened" upon this delightful diner for lunch. We were blown away with the food quality, the atmosphere and the service. We both loved the chicken pot pie and regretfully we were too full to have a piece of pie. It is definitely worth the half hour drive for us to return to try another menu. I want to taste it all!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Five of us met at The English Ivy for lunch today . . . we thoroughly enjoyed the setting . . . what a beautiful building and outside terrace. The service was excellent! We all had something different from the large menu . . .salad presentation was very appetizing, and the main courses were all very nice and we enjoyed them, and we topped off a perfect luncheon with some delicious pie! We will definitely revisit The English Ivy . . . it was my first visit but not the last! And, we all were in agreement on this!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I can't say enough great things about the food. Seems that it is all made "from scratch" and maybe a little under seasoned but overall, very tasty. However- I have a huge problem with how the place seemed to be ran. What appeared to be the owners were visable and they were constantly talking down and degrading their staff. The kitchen staff was very loud and quite obnoxious. I found our visit to be very unpleasant and I was sickened by the way the staff was treated. The decor in this establishment is just awful! Definitely not a place I will return to. Our server, Heidi, was very prompt and exceeded our expectations, even though she was taunted by the owners as she was trying to take care of all of her customers.

5  Thank Sue S
Reviewed February 11, 2013

The food is always consistent and well prepared. Great salads and soups. The chicken pot pie is awesome! Never been disappointed and the venue is very quaint. Dinner on Fridays nights is also very good. The Chicken Piccata is the best.

2  Thank Ohiohorsegirl