“Great way to spend a day or kill a few hours!”

Historic Roscoe Village
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Coshocton
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience life during the 1830s in this beautifully restored canal era town called Historic Roscoe Village. "Step back in time" with a living history experience complete with costumed interpreters, hands-on activities, shopping, dining, lodging and a horse-drawn canal boat ride.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were worried about going here with no kids because we thought it might "lame" for adults, but we were pleasantly surprised. We loved all the stops on the tour and thought it was well worth the $10 per person since all the docents had at least 10 minutes worth of info to share.

We especially liked seeing the vintage toy collection and touring the Doctor's house/kitchen. We learned a lot about the canal and colonial times.

We got great fudge in the General Store end enjoyed perusing all the shops.

1  Thank 257JessicaS

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I took the tour with lots of children on a school field trip. The tour guide helped the kids understand what it would be like to live in the 1800s without phones, tv, or electricity. The children were very involved and asked lots of questions. Everyone enjoy their guide and learning about the canal.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I am a sucker for most things in the "old timey town" category, but for that reason I've seen a number of them and this one rates quite well. In mid-July, it's simply beautiful, with old brick sidewalks and sensitively restored buildings, and greenery everywhere; it was also hot, but there are a number of air-conditioned buildings to duck into.

I visited on a weekday, which means missing out a bit on the working craftspeople, but our tour guide gave us the gist of many of the crafts and on the whole I can well recommend the tour based on my experience. I learned a number of interesting things.

Bottom line, Roscoe Village was a perfect little day trip. If the concept sounds like something you might enjoy, then you'll very probably enjoy it.

1  Thank Matt K
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This small historic "Town" takes you back in time. Lots of small little shops with lots of history. Tour the actual doctors house, Blacksmith shop, houses that replicate what it was like in the canal days. One room school, canal boat ride pulled by horses. Candy shoppe that you'll find candies that haven't been seen in years. Nice walking trail close by, restaurant, upscale pub, Maketplace, Museum and so much more. Oh, there are nice bed and breakfasts close by and also log cabins. If you're a history buff and like a nice , safe and unique place to go to, Roscoe Village is a must see!

1  Thank Taber33
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I take the drive (2 Hours) every year and come for lunch and the stores. It's always enjoyable and relaxing. It's a good day trip if you want to get away.