Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites
$48
$46
Agoda.com
$61
Super 8 Copley Akron(Copley)(Great Value!)
$66
Hotwire.com
$87
All reviewsfront deskpool and hot tubwafflesbusiness and pleasurejunior suiterecommend this hotelhot breakfastthe hotel staffnice roomnice hotelfitness centerbusiness triplobby arealots of restaurantsgreat place to stayfree breakfasteasy access
Reviewed January 2, 2014

If you need a convenient great place to stay in West Akron,..this is the place. My family has stayed there numerous times and have always enjoyed great service and great rates. My elderly father always stays in one of the handicapped accessible rooms and enjoys staying there immensely.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWesternPlusAkron, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Karen B,

We are happy to hear that Best Western Plus West Akron is your choice of accommodations when your family is in town. I am happy to hear our staff is able to provide you with great service during your stays.We appreciate your kind words and hope you and your family continue staying with us in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Considering my rate was $67/night, there isn't a whole lot to complain about. The hotel was in good order and the rooms are large and comfortable. There are plenty of restaurants in walking distance and the mall is only a couple miles up the road. The free breakfast every morning was a nice touch. My only complaint would be the professionalism of the staff. I constantly heard the room attendant ladies cursing in the hallways and in the rooms. At checkout, the girl working the front desk was wearing sweat pants and a hooded sweatshirt. It seems this hotel is poorly managed for the staff to get away with acting and looking this way.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I had a reservation for one night in this establishment. We were delayed by unseasonable winter rain storms in the Midwest. Roads were flooded, rivers were overflowing, the interstate was snarled from Indiana through Ohio. When I realized we were not going to be able to make it too Akron, I called the inn in the early afternoon to tell them I couldn't get there. They refused to release me from my reservation.
I called the manager the following day. He said that they did not sell out that night, they had not turned anybody away. He stood by his ironclad policy and heartlessly refused to refund my money.
I could easily understand if my reservation had caused his inn to loose money, but it did not. He just had the opportunity to screw me through his policy, so he did.

4  Thank Tom A
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Clean, fresh, safe and a good value. Jonathan at the front desk was very helpful for a difficult stay for our family from surgery for our child at Children's Hospital. It was nice having a good place the land in Akron with kind careing staff.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWesternPlusAkron, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear Michael L,

We are happy to hear you had a great stay with us during your time in Akron. We wish your family well during a difficult time and hope for a speedy recovery. We hope to see you the next time you are in town. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and hotel.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Not the worst experience I have ever had in hospitality industry and I have stayed at places all around the world including other best westerns. I am a best western rewards member and was not offered anything special as it appears others have. The general management staff was rude and borderline disrespectful indeed. The male staff specifically. He was not helpful whatsoever. No concern for the customer. There appeared to be two trainees who were kind, but had no idea how to help with issues. The area is fantastic, everything you needed is there. Our room was decent, beds were comfortable and bathroom appeared to be remodeled. We stayed for a week and our room was not cleaned twice and management did not seem to care whatsoever, no concern, just "miscommunication" and we're sorry. It appears that new ownership of best westerns has not involved any customer service training. The pool and hot tub were nice (full size towels) and breakfast was basically from frozen sausage links and watery powdered eggs (always empty) with other cheap sundries. We just skipped it and went to local restaurants. Check-in and checkout was awesome. Stephanie Kennedy-O'Dell was the night hotel clerk and I believe Lori (checkout and breakfast server on Sat morning)? were incredibly helpful and skilled in their jobs, including trying to help my kids with hooking up PS3. They made the stay very pleasant will all the other hotel weaknesses. The girls basically ran breakfast and the counter and were over the top employees I would hire them to manage my hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Robert R

Dear RobertR,

We appreciate your feedback. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our comfortable beds, and found the location of our hotel to be fantastic.

We would like to apologize for your room not being serviced. We do offer Best Western Rewards Platinum and Diamond members a free snack and beverage upon check-in. I am very happy to hear our staff went above and beyond in making your stay pleasant. We hope you give us another chance to provide you with a superior experience the next time you are in town.