“Terrific hotel!”

Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Copley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here recently and was very impressed and pleased with this hotel. I had booked the room on a free night through my loyalty membership....wasn't expecting much because of that, but they truly delivered. I was given a quiet top floor room--my preference, even though I didn't have the option to request that when making the free room reservation with Best Western. Maybe the hotel knew this from my other reservations made with the chain--either way, it was greatly appreciated. The room was very spacious and clean with attractive and rather luxurious furnishings. Not being familiar with the area, I wasn't sure what to expect, but it felt very safe amidst lots of other hotels and restaurants--all of which looked to be not too old.

The young woman who checked me in and out of the hotel was delightful and welcoming. It seemed to me that others working in the hotel were pleasant as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if ever in the greater Akron area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
BestWesternPlusAkron, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We are beyond pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We strive to provide the best costumer service we can and we are so glad you noticed that. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback here.

We would love to have you stay with us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The Best Western is an awesome place to stay. Not only is the hotel beautifully decorated, but the Owners are very accommodating and their staff are friendly and helpful. Very clean hotel! I strongly recommend staying here. I was impressed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
BestWesternPlusAkron, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

We really appreciate you leaving us such positive feedback. We're really glad you gave us the chance to impress you.
We hope to see you again when you're in the Akron area.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Rooms were spacious and clean (but shelf under TV in bedroom was full of dust). Bathroom had a very large vanity and was nice & high. A magnifying mirror and hair dryer would have been appreciated. Due to events in the area, hotel was full and nightly rates were high. Breakfast was simple, but convenient. There are many restaurants in the area which might be a better choice. Due to my flight connections, I arrived 2 hours early for a 5 night stay. When I asked if it was possible to get an early check-in, I was told that there was a $25 charge for early check in. I am a reward member of this chain. I have never encountered this before. This was handled quite rudely by the manager..who, to his credit, did later apologize . This experience did put a bad taste on what might have otherwise been a 9 out of 10 stay. No guest wants to be told "You don't have to stay here. You can go somewhere else"....and had the city not been completely full with 3 events going on and all the hotels full, I would have looked for someplace else. On the plus side, I will applaud the front desk staff, especially Poonja, who went out of her way to be helpful and pleasant. All in all, except for the unpleasant experience at check in, the stay was comfortable. There are many hotels in the area, including Marriot, Sheraton and Holiday Inn. I would likely look at those before booking here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWesternPlusAkron, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear mgmsales,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate it and will pass it on to the appropriate personnel in management. In terms of the hair dryer, every room at our facility is equipped with one, which also has a night light, it is located on the wall right by the light switches in the bathroom. In terms of the situation upon check in, the manager came out and gave you the option to find other accommodation because you threatened the property by saying "I guess I will be the first crummy review on TripAdvisor" before you checked in. We apologize for the way he came about that but we do like to let our guests shop around so they know what value they are getting when they stay with us.

We appreciate your business and are glad you enjoyed our location.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I love this hotel. It was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in. The staff went out of their way to help us. I had to take my son to see an eye specialist about surgery and was very stressed but this hotel made everything easy. The location was excellent. It was out of the big city but still only few minutes away. Everything we needed was right next door. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013

Hey Lshuler,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate it. We're glad we were able to make tout stressful days lighter and easier for you. We hope your son is feeling better!
Please choose to stay with us the next time you are in the Akron/Fairlawn area!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Best Western. It's not the biggest hotel, but it had everything we needed. We stayed in a king suite. Room was very nicely decorated and spacious enough for our family of 4. Bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel staff, especially at the check-in desk, were extremely friendly and helpful. There was always fresh coffee on hand when we would arrive at the hotel. The kids loved the indoor pool and hottub. Both were very well maintained. Pool was on the smaller side but it was fine for swimming and never got too crowded. Location of the hotel was great too as it's within walking distance to several restaurants. We would recommend this hotel to any kind of traveler (business or leisure).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWesternPlusAkron, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

It's really nice to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'm so glad you had a comfortable stay, while enjoying the amenities we have to offer.
We really appreciate you leaving your wonderful feedback on here and we are looking forward to your next visit in the Akron/Fairlawn area!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The young woman at the reception desk in the evening when we arrived was very helpful. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was hot and cold continental/buffet, limited but plenty of it. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
BestWesternPlusAkron, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Hey MollieVirginia,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we really appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit in this area.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great first impression with an updated lobby and it continued on through check out. Smoky smell on 2nd floor, but it wasn't in the room, so it was okay. Rooms are large, beds comfy and staff was pleasant. The cleanliness was great and we will be staying again. Great value!

Room Tip: 4th floor is quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hey Deanna M,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for the smoky smell on the 2ns floor. We are 100% non-smoking and we take smoking within the hotel very seriously and we always ask guests to let us know of such an incident so we can take care of it as best as we can to avoid such discomfort to other guests as well.
Thank you for your positive feedback and once again we are truly sorry for the smoky smell.
Pooja

Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn
Baymont Inn & Suites Copley Akron
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#2 of 5 in Fairlawn

Been to Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!