“Food is good. Delivery service and phone call was unsatisfactory”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Bowie, MD
“Food is good. Delivery service and phone call was unsatisfactory”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Ordered from hotel on front desk recommendation. I was hungry. Food wasn't there in an hour. Called, got put on hold, then mgr couldn't find my order, then he found, but didn't have room #. Order had left 30 min. ago. Then he said that due to crime incident in area that morning (it was 12 hours later), traffic was messed up. Sorry, they should have either told callers they were unable to do deliveries or notified them of likely delays, particular orders from hotels. I had no reason to know about this since not from area. Also, Hampton Inn Fairlawn recommended. I called front desk to let them know I was unsatisfied. Sunday evening clerk was very defensive, said she used to work for them, and that other customers liked them. After being hungry an hour, I really didn't care what other customers thought or about her past employment history. Food was good, but I will not order from them again when in area.

• Visited August 2011

“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Rizzi's is an Italian Staple I'm Akron. The pizza is wonderful and you can't forget "those potatos" (Joe-Joes).

Michigan
“So you say you like garlic...?”
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Overnighting in Akron I stumbled over the menu to Rizzi's in the comfort inn lobby...I was really in search of a restaurant that served sauerkraut balls (an Akron tradition according to NPR)...but only found Nick A's and the other A..offering that fare......and I wasn't in the mood to carry out for balls alone and the rest of the food on their menu seemed overpriced (although I would have ordered a bean salad had they offered it separately from their entres) so I settled on Rizzi's in copely and I'm glad I did...I'll just have to wait to taste Nick's balls and beans another time.

After looking at Rizzi's menu...they've got something called an italian chicken snack which is two pieces of bird, and "those potatoes". and they've also got a lot of pizza on their menu.....one that looked intriguing was the Pizza Bianca.... (olive oil,garlic,some white cheese and fresh tomatoes....NO sauce.)

First the chicken wasn't anything special...and those potatoes? are just potato wedggies.
So you can skip that section of the menu and order your bird through a speaker..someplace and get a better tasting foul.

But IF you like Garlic and IF you don't have anyone to kiss for a couple of days, or a salespresentation, or have to speak to anyone within 20 feet of you for the next 18 hours...Go for the Pizza Bianca around 8 bucks for a small ,....it's a wonderful garlicy experience.. It's by far the strongest Garlic taste I've ever had on a pizza and garlic is the dominant feature....the cheese is good, the tomatoes and crust are fine...but you are bowled over by the garlic...it's infused everywhere... Your pores are oozing garlic, you're number 1 and 2 ing garlic......It's just terrific. IF garlic lowers cholesterol....mine dropped a few points. Highly recommended....assuming your in Akron...and don't wish to speak to anyone for a few hours or days.