“Excellent stay”

Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Copley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This was another great stay. I stay here every time I am in this area ( about every 2-3 months ). The front desk staff ( Jayshree, Kelly, and Alan ) couldn't make you feel anymore welcome. The hotel is very well maintained and extremely nice. I never have had a problem here and that is why I always come back. I know the service, rooms , restaurant, other amenities will be as consistent as my last visit. They amaze me with knowing so many of the guest names. That impresses a great deal. Again, thank you for another fantastic stay! I will be back.
Bob Mc.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Bob M

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The room was very clean and spacious. The bed and couch were quite comfortable. The front desk staff and bartender very friendly and helpful. I was also impressed with the cleanliness and excellent condition of all the public areas. The coffee station was excellent and even the toiletries were quite nice. The only thing that was less than perfect was the pool area. It was poorly ventilated and we could not stay in the pool area long enough to swim since the chlorine was overwhelming.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jolo76
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was a one night stay. Sleep Number bed was comfortable, room was a very comfortable size, and the staff was friendly. A facelift to the outside of the building, the hallways and interior doors (to the rooms) would give it a nice upgrade.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed here on a cold February weekend for a swim meet at U of Akron. Easy check-in, after getting a bid from Priceline for a good rate. Room was comfortable with 2 full Sleep Number beds. They gave us 3 hour late check out for no charge. We did not eat the breakfast, which was $10 for a buffet. 20 minute drive to the University. Only complaint was they did not clear walkways of ice and snow very well, someone could have slipped and fallen. Many many restaurant choices in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed there for the second time on business -the rooms were very comfortable, quiet and cleanThe staff very nice & accommodating, the breakfast wasn't what I prefer (not enough fresh fruit) and alternate choices for the price. Lots of restaurants down the street in walking distance or driving. I would stay again -believe me I've stayed at worse hotels on business.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were at this hotel for a futsal soccer tournament.We had a separate room for a so called con breakfast and was to start at 630am.We went down at 630 to find just pastries some cereal coffee and that they were getting the eggs.After 20 mins and no eggs and no milk for the cereal we left and went elsewhere.The people there were also rude about having someone there at 630 for breakfast even though its when it was to start!The next day we were down at 645 and again same thing!!The guy getting the eggs said o he talked to a coach and no one would be down to like 8 well we played a game at 9.And again if its to start at 630 then everything should be ready and why was this worker even in talking to us he should just got the stuff and been done.By 7 the room was getting a little full of players and families!They finally got eggs shortly after we got in there but this was poor overall!In our room we had a pullout couch when we pulled it out I saw that the couch is not pulled out and cleaned under as there were wrappers under it!I didnt want to stay in a radisson never had and hope our team never does again.I will make that known to our coach as this was poor .O ya and the pool was freezing cold the hot tub had way too much clorine in it esp the 1st night couldnt stand to be in there more than a min!Will never stay here again as other hotels know how to treat people and this one needs to go back to school on that!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank rynokim
himansu205, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Rynokim,

We are sorry that your stay at the Radisson did not meet your expectations. If you had informed us of your complaints while you were here, we would have been more than happy to help resolve any problems. Regarding the breakfast issues you mentioned, we had discussed 7am as the time the players would eat breakfast at, in earlier talks with the coach. So we hadn’t expect many people to be down before then at all. Though the chef had begun preparing the breakfast earlier, we didn’t want to make all of the hot breakfast food too early and had wanted it to be fresh for the guests. In addition, if the pool is not at a comfortable temperature, please don't hesitate to tell the front desk and we will be happy to adjust the temperature for you. We regularly keep the pool at 82 degrees, but do not mind changing it following guest demand.
We would like to apologize to you again about any problems you encountered at the restaurant during your stay and we hope you will consider staying at the Radisson Akron/Fairlawn again.

Radisson Akron/Fairlawn

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this particular Radisson back in July 1991, on our wedding night. While planning a quick trip back to our home town, we decided it would be a great idea to stay there, again. We were not disappointed. The hotel looks great, my room and all the common areas were very clean, the beds are comfortable, but most of all the staff really made me feel welcome. Thank you! We'll see you next trip!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank katieandbeau
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites
10 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
2 mi away
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Akron - Fairlawn

Been to Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn? Share your experiences!