“Nice hotel”

Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Copley
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff was exceptionally welcoming. Room was very clean and well appointed with all the basic amenities. The ho-hum breakfast buffet was not worth the money, but besides this, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice place to stay for a couple of days.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I expected much more after Reading reviews about how this hotel had been update. The hallway On my durg loor had a stale cigarette odor,perhaps there are smoki.g roomd. The decor is more 70's style With creams s.d browns. Tv was nice And room was clean looking just not fresh smelling.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank brighteyes1314
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three days during a family reunion event. It met our expectations for providing pleasant accommodations, but there was a mixed sense of approval and complaint. The staff is friendly and courteous. There seems to be an on-gong effort to modernize amenities but not quite completed. During our stay, there was some construction going on which was a little annoying at times but tolerable. It is a relatively old building with 70s style architecture (e.g. small bathrooms, boxy outside appearance) but with modern, elegant updates. The hotel is conveniently located on the outskirts of northwest Akron and close to the main thoroughfare, Route 77. There are several restaurants within walking distance. The pool and hot tub area are adjacent to fitness room are well maintained and met with our satisfaction. I was somewhat dissatisfied to notice that although there are cards in each room that claim the hotel is "eco-conscious" in terms of saving water by not washing towels and linens for extended stays unless requested but there are no receptacles anywhere in the hotel for recycling cans, bottles and newspapers.

Room Tip: They all seem to be similar. Some rooms have balcony patios.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Owning my own business and knowing how important customer
service is, I wanted to let you know about my recent visit to your hotel on June 24th.
I arrived around Midnight with a need for a room and your associate
Byron Bradshaw was very accommodating and got me in a room very
quickly while being very helpful and professional throughout the check-in process.
I had a couple special requests that he filled promptly without hesitation.
My room was perfect and your hotel was very clean.
Just a quick note to say....Good job Radisson !

Jamie

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jamie H
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am a long time Hampton guest. I came a FIRST time ever Radison guest due to them having the size room I needed when visiting in the Fairlawn area. I can not remember the woman's name at the front desk, I apologize. She said she was from the Connecticut area and was a co-owner. All I know for sure was she was AWESOME! We put some extra requests on her due to some unexpected needs,she came through each time:) Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Really like the size of our room and how clean it was. We were greeted every morning by housekeeping,you don't get that at most hotels. And my wife loved the smell of your soap,it's not like every other hotels cheap brand. If I would suggest anything it's that your some of your roll-away bed mattresses need replaced. But it was a GREAT first stay,will stay here again:)

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a baseball tournament in the area. When we walked in to the lobby, we were greeted and all was good, but the lobby needs refurbished....the front desk was made of wood, and was all scratched and did not look good. The restaurant and bar area were empty which made me believe that either nobody was at the hotel, or nobody enjoyed the food. The restaurant/bar area should be enclosed, but was all open, and did not look like a place I would enjoy a nice dinner. Pool area was clean, but pool is not heated and the water is ice cold. Room was a bit dated with the furniture, and could use a bit of a face-lift. Outside doors and steps area were shabby and in need of either a good cleaning or good paint job. Overall the room was clean, but everything in the hotel including the fake plants in the planters could use a really good cleaning, or replaced. I read somewhere online that they are renovating, but I did not see anything going on while we were there. There are a ton of hotels in this area, and I would stay here again, but I would also compare rates with the other hotels in the area, and see who would offer the best rate.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great location with good eateries up and down the block. Room was quite decent, with a mini refrig and nice sized flat screen with HD channels. HD channels a plus. Feels like a little older property, but its been maintained and kept up. Staff was very outgoing and nice. Buffet breakfast was good and fast, but similar to most hotel lobby breakfasts, was somewhat limited. Sleep number bed was new for me hotel-wise, but it was comfortable enough. The hotel is at the end of the cul-de-sac, so its a very quiet area. But you might want to request a room facing the street, mine faced the interstate and there was some minor road noise. I think this is an older building, but its been

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Best Western Plus West Akron Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Copley Akron
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#2 of 5 in Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Fairlawn

Been to Radisson Hotel Akron/Fairlawn? Share your experiences!