“Roaches and smell”

Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Copley
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Turned on lights...roaches ran on kitchen counter. Ramen leftovers in sink. More roaches in hallway. Room had musty odor. NOT impressed with this place except for the very pleasant gal at the front desk.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The pest issue you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am taking all necessary actions to ensure that this kind of issue does not happen again in the future. It is also regrettable to hear that the cleanliness of your room was not up to our standards and I assure you I will address the issue with the team. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at akc@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was here for 2 nights recently. Never had an issue with hospitality, friendliness, or cleanliness of the room. Staff was more than willing to help when needed. It is also within 1/2 hour of Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Definitely a sight worth seeing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff and the cleanliness of your room. As well, I am glad that you liked our hotel's location.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The two people that waited on us when we first come in was friendly and offered items of info for us on our stay. Once in the room the room was musty smelling. We turned on the air conditioning to cool off the room and when we came back from being out for the day the room was hotter than when we first went into it. We reported the air conditioning being broke and they said the repair man would not be there until monday. Our check out was for sunday. We were not offered another room or anything. Also the attendant when I first came in told me the coupon code I used that their hotel sent me in a email that I would be refunded that at check out. The girl when I checked out was confused had to call another person, and several people had to wait in behind me when I ieft cause of this not being noted in the screens in the first place. Pool is not in working order, and your bill not include tax, make sure you add at least 20 to 40 dollars in taxes for whatever room you reserve. I definitely would not recommend this as a place to stay

Room Tip: Don't bother even looking at this place unless website is updated with what is working and what...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Ian - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the problems you encountered with the A/C in your room. I also apologize for the outdoor swimming pool being closed during your stay. Unfortunately, our pool is seasonal and closes after Labor Day. In response to your feedback, I have spoken to the staff about the way the air conditioning problem was handled and can assure you that these types of issues will be managed in a better manner moving forward. As well, I am sorry for the billing error you experienced at check-out. I am working with the staff to ensure our communication improves so this problem is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at akc@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed here for the 3rd time in a year - and it was as great as in the past. The room was clean and had everything we needed - oven, mic, fridge, toaster.... The staff was all great - we really didn't need to talk to them much after checking in because we had no problems or issues. The pool was really nice - it was clean and warm and luckily we had great weather. We always bring our dog - which is really nice to be able to do also. We definately plan on returning and would recomment it to anyone. great value!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Deirdre - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are so excited to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy to hear that room and the kitchen met your expectations. Also, we are glad to know that you had an opportunity to make use of our pool. It is always nice to hear from repeat guests and I will share your comments with the entire staff.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at your Studio Plus located at 170 Montrose W. Avenue, Copley, Ohio for 2 months, May and June, 2013. I travel a lot and I have never stayed at a motel/hotel where all of the employees were so nice; Stacey, Nikki, Brenda, Rita, Paul, the room maids, the maintenance guy were all very professional, very nice and treated me with the utmost respect. No matter what time of day or night I went to them, they always had a smile and their response was always genuine and very polite. They were the BEST!

Thanks,

Billie Henson

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Read many reviews prior to booking this location. No problems at all. From first day of check in thru 7 days of staying, everything was great. Room was spacious and clean, staff extremely pleasant and accomadating. Small issue with matress, voiced concern at check out, pleased with response. I know they are in process of updating rooms, so any issue wont be one for long. Will be booking again for our trip next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great place for families. I have absolutely no complaints and would highly recommend this hotel. Convenient location and wonderful service. I was extremely pleased. The staff was friendly, helpful, and efficient. If you need to stay somewhere with extra room for the family this is it. Paul and Brenda rock! They truly understand the value of customer service and infant felt like old friends

Room Tip: I would stay here again if ever in the area. The staff was awesome and the value great too.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us! Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the customer service. It is always nice to hear that the staff was friendly and accommodating. I will make sure to share your comments with the team. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.