“Studio Plus Copley, OH” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Copley
Copley, Ohio
“Studio Plus Copley, OH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you are looking for a nice friendly atmosphere or you are transferring to the area with family or yourself then Studio Plus Copley, Ohio is the place for you. The staff are friendly and kind and they care about your needs. It’s very clean, easy going place where they treat you like family and not just a stranger passing through. There’s lots of things to do in the area and you will never get bored!!! Rooms and rates fits your every need as well.

Also…. If you are moving into a new phase of your life, or moving from any apartment or house; and long term housing needs are your concerns; Studio Plus Copley, OH 170 Montrose W Avenue Copley, OH 44313 has just what you need for your transition. Their weekly rates are easy on your budget no matter how long you have to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank C J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The comments about your experience with the staff are always a pleasure to hear. I will make sure your post gets shared with everyone. We do our best to ensure our guests are always comfortable and enjoy a "home away from home" experience at our hotel.

I thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Ayer, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at Studio Plus last week for one night when I needed to pick up my mother the next day to bring her to my father's funeral. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty fragile and tired -- the last thing I needed was to have to deal with brusque, rude people or a rotten room. Since our plane arrived in the evening in Pittsburgh, we'd driven nearly 2 hours to get to Akron for a late check-in. Luckily, the attendant, Paul, was super laid back and nice. He greeted us warmly and answered all our questions ... it almost seemed like he knew who we were when we entered the door.

We went straight to our room which was very clean and had everything we needed. The room was very quiet and we got a great night's sleep. (The curtains block out ALL the sun.) In fact, I noticed that with all of the apartment-like features it would be an ideal place to stay for an extended visit should Mom ever need me to be there longer.

I would not call this place a luxury hotel. But the price is affordable and it has all the basics in clean, working, condition. I felt right at home too -- the people were just great.

Room Tip: I don't think there was a restaurant. If there was, we didn't go to it. there are TONS of co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear RoseW,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide each guest with 100% satisfaction, so we are always delighted to learn that we have accomplished just that.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other locations. Thank you again.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our family of 6 had a delightful stay at the Studio Plus. We appreciated the new continental breakfast and continued to be impressed by the solid, attentive staff they have. Paul and Brenda have been with this hotel FOREVER and know just how to please their clients!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear 640Kimberly_L
Thanks very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. At Studio Plus Akron, we strive for total guest satisfaction, so we are always delighted to learn that we have accomplished just that. Please let us know if we can assist you in any way with your future travels to the Akron area or any of our other locations throughout the United States.
Gonic, NH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have stayed in probably five hotels in this family of hotels. This was the best and cleanest so far. The place is low key with minimal services, but the rooms were neat and clean, the bathroom was recently remodeled and the bedding and towels were near new. The washers and dryers are $2.00 per load and they seemed clean. You are near a major highway with access to casual dining within a mile. They have a small grab and go type breakfast area with packaged muffins and several different types of apples. There were also muffins and some instant oatmeal and some Quaker Oats Breakfast to go bars. Check-in and check-out were quick. I think the rate was about $60 a night plus tax. I thought I would need to stay in the area and have to cook a couple nights, plans changed, but I would still return to the location. There did not seem to be any advantage of one room over another, it was far enough away from the highway to not get any noise and the lighting seemed similar on both sides of the building.

Room Tip: There did not seem to be any advantage to specific rooms. The washers and dryers are on the first f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear MichaelinNH,
charlotte
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had to call desk clerk on last night of 3-nite stay due to incessant barking from two dogs in adjoining rooms on the 2nd floor. Rooms were located mid-section of 2nd floor. We knew pets were permitted in the hotel, but were not told we were being assigned a room across the hall from pets that were left unattended all day long and (apparently) into the night. The desk clerk had a phone number for the dog-owners; but they did not answer their phones! We had to move to a different room for night 3 because dog owners were "long-stay" guests. Not even sure this hotel has specific rooms designated for guests with pets.

Room Tip: If you have allergies or don't appreciate barking dogs, ask for room away from pets. Might want...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gibjab
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Korinana,
Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Clarksburg, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel is in need of TOTAL remodeling and TOTAL MGT. replacement...I experienced no hot water, unclean office, hallways, rooms, and to top it all off..during my stay I witnessed a Police bust for Drugs and Prostitution..needless to say, I would NEVER recommend this hotel nor would I EVER stay here again...go to Stay Place down the street...nicer..cleaner...quieter...SAFER....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert C
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Robert C,

copley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

promised hotwater would be fixed this morning - at 4pm we still have no hotwater. Moving to the Stay Place Suites down the street, much nicer and rates are comparable. Rooms and hallways are very dirty and old, old is ok if it is clean - this is not clean! From the outside looks great, but then you step into a Bates Motel like atmosphere.

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CopleyDew
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear CopleyDew,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus Akron-Copley. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent situations like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

In addition, I have also met with the local management about the common area odor issues you describe below and we are diligently working on a resolution to the issue.

Thank you for your feedback and if you are ever in the Copley area, please allow us a chance to serve you again.