“Friendly, but needs updating”

Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Copley
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I was relocating and looking to try to conserve money on an extended stay. I did not expect this to be a Hampton Inn or a Hilton, since the price averaged out to about $60/night. The staff was very friendly, but the hotel desperately needs updating. It was clean, but shabby.

Pros: Security was reasonable. Again, staff was excellent. I certainly felt safe. There are many restaurants located nearby, and several markets to choose from to stock the refrigerator. There is also free wifi and it worked well.

Cons: I was in a handicapped room. This meant the shower did not have a tub so every time I took a shower, I ended up flooding the bathroom slightly. I think this is part of the reason the room smells slightly - due to water on the carpet? I am not a fan of moldy smells. I do NOT recommend the handicapped room.

Cons: My biggest issue was that, even though I was staying 12 consecutive days, I was only given the "lowest price" of $50/night + tax for 7 days of the trip. The other five days were at a $65/night + tax, since it wasn't a full week. This hotel is definitely not worth the $70/night range. At $70, other local hotels with an included breakfast start to look better.

I have since ventured to other hotels in search of a better place to stay for several months.

Room Tip: Ask not to be given the handicapped room due to the shower configuration.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It is always satisfying to read positive feedback, about our staff, from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way”. In addition, I have fowarded your comments about the hotel needing updated to the appropriate people in our corporate office.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels. Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for your help in advance.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

If we were staying more than one night we would have gone elsewhere. I took my family to visit a dying relative, so we weren't looking for a resort experience. The room, 2 queen beds, was very large, but the bathroom was microscopic. There was the obligitory junk left visible under the couch and TV that my wife always see's instantly. The room looked dirtier than I think it actually was. It was just a large hotel room, not really a mini-suite like described. The common areas smelled of smoke, so bad in fact that the place smelled better after a guest burnt her supper of beans (setting off the fire alarm and evacuating the hotel). The front desk staff was polite and professional. In this case you do get what you pay for, a cheap hotel room. The free wireless was adequate, we didn't try any of the other "ammenities".

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Javious_64
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear Javious_64,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Studio Plus Akron-Copley. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

We have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent situations like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

In addition, I have also met with the local management about the common area odor issues you describe below and we are diligently working on a resolution to the issue.

Thank you for your feedback and if you are ever in the Copley area, please allow us a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I appreciate any hotel that is able to somewhat comfortably house a family of 5 in one room. However, when booking the room (Queen Suite) we were unable to book the room online, because the website's maximum occupancy is 4 even though the room sleeps 6. We called and were greeted by friendly staff, who though were unable to give the same price as online, so then suggested booking the room online as if there were only 4 people, and he would add the fifth after the fact. The room was booked apx 3 weeks in advance of our trip, when we arrived, there were only 3 towels, 3 forks, knives, spoons, plates etc, which is rather inconvenient, with a family of 5. Sheets for the pull out bed were not provided in the clean room, but were promptly provided once they were requested. The beds (all three) were horribly hard, I'm quite sure the floor was softer. The room shows online, coming with a recliner, but the room did not include one. Also, the description implys there is some separation between the living and sleeping areas, there is none. The staff was great, friendly and very professional.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Family of 5,

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to personally thank you for your feedback. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

In addition, I have met with the local management staff to ensure that each guest knows at check in that extra silverware, plates, and bedding are available at the front desk if needed.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

The employees are very friendly. Response time is great. Its just like be at home. Very quite and atmosphere. I am up here for work and the work environment is excellent.

Best deal in Akron!!

Room Tip: Higher floor have less traffic
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lloyd s
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Lloyd s,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing each of our guests with a clean, comfortable room at an exceptional rate. We take great satisfaction in knowing that we did just that for you and your family. In addition, thank you for the kind words about the staff, they are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I have been here a little over a week now and the staff is amazing. The location is wonderful, and the kitchen is such a plus.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Stan B
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Dear Stan B,

Thanks so very much for the positive review of your stay at the Studio Plus Suites in Copley, OH. We know that you had several hotel options in the Copley area, and we are honored that you chose to stay with us. As you note, our rooms come with kitchens, which is why many of our guests share your appreciation for our hotel. In addition, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments about the staff. We do hope to be able to accommodate you again the next time your travels bring you to the Copley area.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Recently left home for an extended period and was nervous as far as realistic expectations I should have from a hotel. Studio Plus' staff and management IMMEDIATELY eased my concerns with a FLAWLESS/METICULOUSLY CLEANED PROPERTY and by promptly addressing ANY AND ALL personal or business concerns which I had, which were MANY! Miss Monique Lewis (Hotel manager and Godsend!) is a unique combination of articulate competence and cheerful personality who understands the extra tribulations people away from home are subjected to, and does an INCREDIBLE job of addressing this concern and going that extra mile to make us feel as if we never left home at all! Whether it's a few days or a MONTH, I whole-heartedly recommend STUDIO PLUS OF COPLEY for your lodging needs!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Dear RovMk,

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Studio Plus Akron - Copley. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed here for a 6-month work assignment. It was not like home but it did not suck! The staff does a great job and were always helpful and pleasant. I would recommend it highly and as long as you are not expecting Ritz Carlton you will be satisfied too. Nothing flashy but clean, quiet and functional. Plenty of shopping and restaraunts nearby, great freeway access.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear Bilbored,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We strive to provide our guests with great rooms at great rates, along with friendly service. So, we are always pleased to receive confirmation that we’ve done just that. We’d be thrilled to have you again when your future travels bring you back to the Copley area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Copley
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Akron/ Fairlawn
Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - East
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Brooklyn
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Beachwood - Orange Place - North
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Great Northern Mall
Extended Stay America - Cleveland - Airport - North Olmsted

Been to Extended Stay America - Akron - Copley - West? Share your experiences!