“Great Local Establishment”

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Niles, Ohio
“Great Local Establishment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Although the Rainbow Cafe is actually a bar/restaurant in the center of 'Downtown' Conneaut, do not let the bar part dissuade you from taking a family. This is a very friendly local establishment with an extremely friendly staff. Think 'Cheers' ! The two waitresses ran the place like clockwork and were very efficient. Lunch is only served during the week, they open later on Saturday and are closed on Sunday. The place in not very big, maybe 10 booths , maybe 10 tables that can be moved around, and a very large bar. It got very busy July 5, and I did notice some tables were reserved. You may want to call for larger parties. We started with pasta and beans. We are used to red pasta fagioli, but this used a garlic base, and had no tomato sauce. It was seasoned very nicely and was a different tasty twist on an Italian staple. They have a nice assortment of draft and craft beers and the waitress was nice enough to let me sample the drafts, before I made my selection. We ordered a pizza with hot peppers and sausage. The pizza was very good. Although we are used to thick dough pizza, this pizza is thin and crispy and was very , very good. Sausage and peppers were the right amount of zing and the sauce was also very good. Everything was very good, but it was a decidedly different type of Italian that we are used to. So be adventurist and try. They do have a nice assortment of wings, sandwiches, soups, salads on the menu and have pasta and other specials during the week. Highly recommend stopping and supporting local business ! Prices are very , very reasonable.

• Visited July 2014

Conneaut, Ohio
“Best cheeseburger in town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I love to go here for cheeseburgers. I introduced my husband to the burgers when I had jury duty, we came there for lunch and everyone said try the cheeseburgers so I did.
Now he wants to go there all the time. They also have the biggest subs there and they come hot or cold. The atmosphere is great there also. We love it.

• Visited March 2014
Mesa, Arizona
“Best Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

They make the best pizza. Staff is friendly as are the owners. They have great burgers but only serve them during lunch. Good value on all their food.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Holly P
Watertown, New York
“Old times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Came home to visit for Christmas and we decided to get pizza at Rainbow for dinner. I hadn't had their pizza in decades, since my 20's. Still as good as ever and brought back memories of my youth. Hope to return again soon.

1 Thank nurse1sue
Conneaut, Ohio
“Fun place for lunch.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

If you want a good cheeseburger go to this place for lunch or dinner. Great size burger with chips on the side. Also a great line of beer in bottles or on tap. They also have specials for each day of the week. We had a great waitress, good service and friendly.

• Visited October 2013