I understand the hotel is planning renovation, but until it is done, I recommend you AVOID IT. I never take the time to write a review, but this time I had to warn fellow travelors. We rented one of two hot-tub suites in wintery January 2013. Since they have only an outdoor pool closed in winter and we skied that day, we splurged to have the spa luxury. Since spa rooms cost more to occupy, I expect that room to be amongst the best selection the hotel has to offer. We were sorely disappointed by it in the end. The room had a significant number of problems, outlined below.
1.Upon checking in we found the room was freezing -- they had completely shut off the heat despite low winter temperatures outside of >20°. It took more than an hour for the room to get a passable temperature, and then we found only one of the two heaters in the room actually heated well. The second heater actually seemed to make the room colder and was offering little to improve the room temperature.
2.Then we discovered the bathroom light wouldn’t turn on fully.
3.I attempted to call the front-desk about the bath-light and learned two additional things not working – the bed light by the phone was out AND the phone chord would not stay connected into the phone unless I held-it-in to make the call. I walked to the front desk instead. We were offered another room, but it was late in the evening and didn’t want to move and try to warm up another room, so we chose to stay – and discovered more issues……
4.A disgustingly filthy chair-ottoman with several kinds of stains. I wouldn’t touch it. I wish now I would have taken a photo for you reviewers and corporate management, but trust me - it was nasty.
5. The alarm clock wouldn’t easily set. This is a necessary staple in a hotel that should never NOT work! We gave up and set our phones and called for a back-up wake-up call.
6. Bath sink drained very slowly.
7. The hot tub took more than a full hour to fill up, but at least the water was hot and the system worked.
8. The spa and room was unappealing to look at closely. The wallpaper, caulk and flooring around the hot-tub and bathtub have seen better days. It is cracked, dirty stained, broken or in some places – non-existent (i.e., no trim at all around the bathtub floor – just a groove where it once did reside.
9. There was a refrigerator but not a microwave. At least the refrigerator worked fine.
10. There was one coffee cup. I asked the front desk if there were glasses or additional cups but was told the restaurant was locked up and unavailable.
11. At breakfast, this was a very uninspired and a limited cold-food selection. The juice machine was turned off, so the only beverage was coffee and/or tea water (which we had in the room) or cereal milk. I ate elsewhere upon leaving the hotel.
12. My co-guest attempted to use the hotel lobby bathroom to find both commodes were not flushed, and upon trying to flush one them, he found it would not flush and he immediately left the room. He said the condition of the bathroom was disgusting.
13. We found 2 pc of candy and 1 wrapper on the floor and the garbage was not ours.
The bath light eventually came on and we concluded it was probably frozen by the room temperature at the start of our visit! At check-out, I provided the counter-clerk and housekeeping staffer the list of problems I identified. The staff nodded like they fully knew all this yet rented the room. The only good things we can say about the room is that it is spacious, we had hot water and a solid shower-head, and the bed was not uncomfortable. The problem is we EXPECT those things as a basic in any room and a lot more than basics from a $100.00 room.
Obviously I cannot recommend this hotel in it's current condition. I understand the hotel is planning renovation, but until it is done, I recommend you AVOID IT.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Conneaut reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conneaut-Days Hotel Conneaut
- Conneaut Days Inn
- Days Inn Conneaut Ohio