“okay for a night off the highway.”
Review of Days Inn Conneaut

Days Inn Conneaut
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Conneaut

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cleveland
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I understand the hotel is planning renovation, but until it is done, I recommend you AVOID IT. I never take the time to write a review, but this time I had to warn fellow travelors. We rented one of two hot-tub suites in wintery January 2013. Since they have only an outdoor pool closed in winter and we skied that day, we splurged to have the spa luxury. Since spa rooms cost more to occupy, I expect that room to be amongst the best selection the hotel has to offer. We were sorely disappointed by it in the end. The room had a significant number of problems, outlined below.
1.Upon checking in we found the room was freezing -- they had completely shut off the heat despite low winter temperatures outside of >20°. It took more than an hour for the room to get a passable temperature, and then we found only one of the two heaters in the room actually heated well. The second heater actually seemed to make the room colder and was offering little to improve the room temperature.
2.Then we discovered the bathroom light wouldn’t turn on fully.
3.I attempted to call the front-desk about the bath-light and learned two additional things not working – the bed light by the phone was out AND the phone chord would not stay connected into the phone unless I held-it-in to make the call. I walked to the front desk instead. We were offered another room, but it was late in the evening and didn’t want to move and try to warm up another room, so we chose to stay – and discovered more issues……
4.A disgustingly filthy chair-ottoman with several kinds of stains. I wouldn’t touch it. I wish now I would have taken a photo for you reviewers and corporate management, but trust me - it was nasty.
5. The alarm clock wouldn’t easily set. This is a necessary staple in a hotel that should never NOT work! We gave up and set our phones and called for a back-up wake-up call.
6. Bath sink drained very slowly.
7. The hot tub took more than a full hour to fill up, but at least the water was hot and the system worked.
8. The spa and room was unappealing to look at closely. The wallpaper, caulk and flooring around the hot-tub and bathtub have seen better days. It is cracked, dirty stained, broken or in some places – non-existent (i.e., no trim at all around the bathtub floor – just a groove where it once did reside.
9. There was a refrigerator but not a microwave. At least the refrigerator worked fine.
10. There was one coffee cup. I asked the front desk if there were glasses or additional cups but was told the restaurant was locked up and unavailable.
11. At breakfast, this was a very uninspired and a limited cold-food selection. The juice machine was turned off, so the only beverage was coffee and/or tea water (which we had in the room) or cereal milk. I ate elsewhere upon leaving the hotel.
12. My co-guest attempted to use the hotel lobby bathroom to find both commodes were not flushed, and upon trying to flush one them, he found it would not flush and he immediately left the room. He said the condition of the bathroom was disgusting.
13. We found 2 pc of candy and 1 wrapper on the floor and the garbage was not ours.

The bath light eventually came on and we concluded it was probably frozen by the room temperature at the start of our visit! At check-out, I provided the counter-clerk and housekeeping staffer the list of problems I identified. The staff nodded like they fully knew all this yet rented the room. The only good things we can say about the room is that it is spacious, we had hot water and a solid shower-head, and the bed was not uncomfortable. The problem is we EXPECT those things as a basic in any room and a lot more than basics from a $100.00 room.

Obviously I cannot recommend this hotel in it's current condition. I understand the hotel is planning renovation, but until it is done, I recommend you AVOID IT.

Room Tip: I didn't see a good room at this location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lewis Center, Ohio
Reviewed January 24, 2013

while travelling for 9 hr in the middle of blizzard, we stop at the daysinn in connneaut exit 241 in conneaut, front desk clerk checked us inn fast help us to bring the bags in the room ,i found the room to be pre heated very clean and comfortable clean bed, We had not eaten all day,the restaurent was open the food was great,the staff friendly.i recommend to every body

Room Tip: upgrade to their deluxe room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel is in the process of upgrading its rooms, so while the Deluxe Room option will set you back some extra money, I highly recommend it. The beds are new and the bedding is much nicer and more comfortable than in the standard rooms. The staff is warm, friendly and very helpful. Requests for extra towels and pillows were promptly and cheerfully addressed. Our room was kept clean throughout our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Driving home from NYC and strong winds & rain with Hurricane Sandy all through the State of Pennsylvainia & the 5 hours drive just had me exhausted. So I phoned Days Inn in Conneaut OH next to where Conneaut Lake Park was in PA. Nora, a very nice lady told me she had a $71 Senior rate and would be expecting me within 30 minutes. I was there in 15 with my Garmin GPS. Exit I90 at Conneaut/Andover exit and head North to the first light & turn 2 rights onto Days Blvd. 2 entrances one for trucks first, then cars next. Enter lobby & Nora is waiting and I gave her my AMEX & she rang up the room which was down the hall on the first floor. It was like a breand new room. Crisp white sheets, duvet that was fresh smelling. Even the remote is in a freshener and you remove it to use it. 2 double beds, not a king as I requested that has a fridge & microwave. SO I went back to Nora & she said Igot a discount room for SOLO SENIOR. She took me into the breakfast room that has a microwave to warm foods or popcorn in bags. Coffee was made also & she brought a carafe that I filled up & took creamer.
Bed had 4 down pillows and the 25" TV was not the greatest but good enough right in front of me comfy in my bed. Bathroom was very white, towels were also. Shower curtain was clean & new looking. Shower was massager which felt great. Finished my coffee & popcorn and fell asleep for 10 hours. Dressed & had breakfast which was true CONTINENTAL. Just juice, coffee & danish, bagels, toast in plastic bags. Nothing warm to eat that was not toasted. Cereals were raisin bran & frosted flakes. Not for me. So I had a bagel with cream cheese & jelly, 2 danish & 2 coffees. Then I was going to my car when a guy leaving very fast lost his rolling suitcase that hit my feet causing me to fall in the parking lot. bloody knees, twisted ankle & no one to help. But I made it home, hot soak in the tub, neosporin on knees & Advil for ankle pain but I made it back home successfully.

Yes I would stay there again. I let Wyndham know that I made reservation for king bed with microwave & fridge and got 2 double bed & no extras, yet both were the same Senior rate. So I got it for free! I told them breakfast was not the greatest and you have waffles, etc served at other Days Inns. This was very clean, very quiet, even got a toothbrush with toothpaste on it you just run water on it before putting in your mouth.

Room Tip: Make reservation online, so if you do not get what you reserved, they have it on their computer when...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conneaut
Ramada Austinburg/Ashtabula
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 2 in Edinboro
Americas Best Value Inn Ashtabula/Austinburg

Been to Days Inn Conneaut? Share your experiences!