“Welcoming & Posh!”

Ranked #63 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
London, Canada
“Welcoming & Posh!”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We travelled 8 hours to attend a concert in Columbus and chose the Westin for a 2 night stay - this was no mistake! The valet service was quick and friendly. Upon arriving we were greeted with champagne and personal welcoming service. The staff we quick to offer us "inside tips" on how to get the best of hot spots for locals and tourist points. Our room was slightly smaller than the average and as a result were given a voucher for the in house bar and eatery. The room was fantastic as were all the amenities, the discount was a nice gesture, a large wedding was scheduled and as a result rooms were scarce. The on site bar was fantastic, and seemed to be full of locals and tourists alike - a nice mix. The hotel's decor was posh and in no need of updating, the service was excellent. There is a lot to see and do in Columbus, this hotel comes highly recommended if you are visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Thank you! I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your trip to Columbus. If your travels bring you back to our fair city, we appreciate the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I have stayed at the Westin Columbus for almost three months now and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Columbus! Although the hotel is not as modern as other Westins I have stayed in, all the little touches that you expect from a Westin are there--the heavenly shower head, the heavenly bed, and friendly service. They have a mini snack bar in every room, but unlike most hotels, they won't charge you an arm and a leg for them! I've also gotten the room service a few times and the food was actually pretty good.

They have really impressed me with their customer service by going above and beyond. Not only do they help book my rooms out ahead of time, but they are always extremely helpful in making changes for me if my schedule changes. The doorman always greets me with a smile and one story in particular sticks out above the rest: I typically leave a bag at the hotel over the weekend and one time it was misplaced. The hotel staff did everything they could to find it, but when they couldn't, I found a bag in my hotel room the next week with items to replace the ones I lost, a thank you note, and a few extra little items to apologize for the inconvenience. Now that's service!

The one caveat to my recommendation is that if you are a traveler there for pleasure, you may want to ask about the size of your room because while their Starwood Preferred Guest rooms are great, the regular rooms can be a tad on the tiny side.

Overall though, it is a great hotel with friendly service and definitely one I would recommend to people traveling to Columbus, especially if you are there on business.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you for the feedback. We are pleased to be your home away from home. Your continued parternship is appreciated. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we may do to personalize your future stays.
akron, oh
Reviewed January 15, 2011

I stayed with family here for one night to attend a graduation at Veterans Memorial and my stay was great. The hotel is an old interesting building. Ask for a King Deluxe room and it is decent size. Bed was GREAT. Bathroom was fine (sink area a little small no where to put toiletries, but in another family members room there was a nice big counter so it depends on the room you get). Staff was great. I got a rate of $130 (including tax) using my AAA card and that was a fantastic deal. The hotel was worth every penny.

We took a quick cab ride at night to the arena district and had a great night. We also had drinks at the bar and the hotel and those were nice.

The next day the entire family gathered for a brunch at the hotel restaurant (High Street Grill). It was very good. The blueberry orange pancakes were FANTASTIC. For a hotel I felt the prices were very reasonable. Our group of 12 ate full breakfast for ~$160. Normally it seems at nicer hotels the breakfast is upwards of $15+ per person so i felt this was a bargain. The service was quite nice as well. If you eat at the hotel restaurant your vallet ticket is validated which was also great as parking is expensive at the hotel.

Overall i would stay here again it was a nice stay. There is not a whole lot around the hotel itself, but a 5 min cab ride gets you downtown, arena district, franklin univeristy, grant hospital, or german village. Thanks Westin...we had a nice time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
We appreciate your business and the nice comments. We look forward to your visit the next time your travels bring you to Columbus.
Mount Dora, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2011

The hotel and staff at the Westin in downtown Columbus are wonderful. I have been staying at this hotel every month for years and can't imagine a better second home while I am on the road. An extremely friendly staff and a beautiful historic hotel.....I highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
We appreciate your positive comments and your loyalty to the Westin Columbus. We look foward to your next visit.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Great historic hotel in downtown Columbus, I found the hotel staff friendly and accommodating. Room 420 was large and very comfortable only down side is the bathroom door does not open fully since the night stand is in the way.

The door man was helpful with locating and delivering the large boxes I had delivered for my off site meeting to my vehicle.

My only suggestion is to offer free high speed wireless in the rooms, if you can do it in the lobby you can do it in the rooms. Just my pet peeve about "fancy" hotels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Best hotel in downtown Columbus for the money. Staff is outstanding. Food is superb. Easy walk to most downtown spots and attractions. It’s a historic property, so some rooms are on the small side, but the hotel more than makes up for it with stellar service, charm, and cleanliness. Celebrity sightings are an added bonus.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, December 9, 2010
Your comments are greatly appreciated. We are pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience. Happy Holidays!
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I spent the better part of my life at the Columbus Westin in 2010 and the place is very homey...quiet...clean...conveniently-located. The restoration of this lovely building was done with aplomb. The food is consistently good, the breakfasts outstanding...particularly the orange-blueberry pancakes. The staff always have a smile on their face and make you feel at home. The bar is quite classy. They invested in the right thing --- the beds. Internet access is good but cell phone coverage is a bear given that this vintage structure could withstand a direct hit from an earthquake. Business center needs upgraded Word Office Suite software.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you so much for your knd words. We are pleased to hear that we met your expectations as your home away from home over the past year. Come back and see us.