“Beautiful hotel!”

Ranked #64 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Las Vegas
“Beautiful hotel!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Was at the Westin for about 20 hours for a wedding. Hated the $24 to park my rental car, they did say there was some other parking around the corner, but I was running late... I lucked out that my room was right down the hall from the wedding, but there's a door that separates the public areas so it was quiet. Lovely bridal suite. My room was on the small side, but lots of character. Lovely toiletries. Nice bathroom that unfortunately I didn't have a chance to use 8-( Bed was super comfy! Easy checkout, just called & left key in room, they emailed me that receipt. Called for car, said good bye to everyone at bruch & car was waiting. All the staff were friendly, professional, and every single one told me that if I needed anything else to contact them. Overall a very nice stay.

Take the side streets back to airport--Broad Street-gorgeous old houses! And it takes you right by the Franklin Park Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, which should NOT be missed! Really enjoyable & half of it has a butterfly habitat! I lucked out & they were releasing new butterflies! Enjoyable few hours. Great food at their cafe too! You have to try the Strawberry, Mint, Spinach, Goat Cheese & Walnut salad!!

** The ballroom for the wedding was absolutely gorgeous! They did a spectacular job with the wedding/cocktail reception, dinner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Citprof
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at The Westin Columbus. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and the wedding was a great time. As the premier wedding destination in Columbus, we take great pride in creating memorable experiences for our happy couples and their loved ones each weekend. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Columbus.

Halley Karas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a night for business. This used to be the Southern Hotel and Opera House, which was built in 1897. This is a great historical property with beautiful lobby at a great location in downtown, close to Bicentennial Park. The rooms have been updated and nice. However, the rooms are little small (because of the age of the building). I was upgraded to the suite, which was nice.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed your experience at The Westin Columbus, and enjoyed not only our historic beauty, but the suite you stayed in. We look forward to your future visits and welcoming you back as our loyal guest.

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a business trip. The outside looks nice and the lobby has great charm from times gone by and all the staff was very friendly and helpful. But the minute you step out of the elevator for the rooms there is a strange, claustrophobic feeling of a prison. The rooms are not much better, very small, dark (at least my one) and in desperate need of an upgrade. Would not come back. There must be other rooms here as otherwise I don't get the other reviews.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your lovely and historic hotel. I'm so glad the staff was inviting and friendly, as they should be. I apologize that you were not pleased with the size of your room. As a historic hotel, we have 19 different room types and over 100 different configurations. While we believe this adds to our charm, I can absolutely understand that some of our rooms are smaller than what the modern traveler expects. I would love for your to return to our hotel in the future so you may enjoy one of our more spacious rooms that meets your needs. We value your feedback and appreciate your business.

Halley Karas

Travelers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Sandwich, Illinois
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed for 2 days. Everyone was very friendly. Location is walking distance to many things to do. Beds were comfy, rooms clean. The only negative I have room was small with no desk so no place to work if you have a laptop and need to work.

• Stayed April 2014
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience. Your comments are extremely important to fellow travelers and we so appreciate you taking the time to write a review. I'm very glad that our team took such great care of you and that the rooms were comfortable. We hope to see you again soon the next time your travels bring you to Columbus.

Bernardsville, NJ
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here with my daughter while on an OSU visit. About 10-15 minutes from campus. Older building, charming. Our room (although small) and beds were comfy, and after a long trip and day, the young woman at the desk was kind and very welcoming. Coffee in the morning was appreciated, as was the use of the computer and printer in the business area.

Not many restaurants within walking distance, but we were very happy with our dinner at Milestone 229. (we didn't have a reservation but were lucky enough to snag seats at the bar. I would reserve next time.) We walked even though it was brutally cold and the sidewalks were snow covered; not many people around in the evening at all, so not sure about the safety of the area, but we were fine. Wish the parking was less pricey or complimentary, but all in all, a good stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our lovely and historic hotel. We appreciate your feedback and the fact that you shared your opinion with fellow travelers. Your positive review is truly appreciated. Milestone 229 is one of my favorite restaurants and I'm glad you enjoyed it as well. I'm also so glad that you enjoyed our heavenly beds and that the staff at the front desk was so accommodating. We look forward to your future visits when your daughter is a Buckeye!

Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had a great stay at the Westin Columbus. Our room was not huge but a decent size. More than enough space for the two of us. The staff was nice and helpful. It was alittle bit of a walk to the Nationwide Arena but we were able to do it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HalleyKaras, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Mrs. Wax,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at The Westin Columbus. We appreciate your business and value you as our guest. We are so glad you enjoyed your accommodations and look forward to your next visit.

Medina, Ohio
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Great night in Columbus. My husband and I love to stay at the Westin. The unique old world charm and architecture are just beautiful. We have stayed in many different rooms, some smaller king rooms, or larger suits. Each one is so special. This is not a brand new cookie cutter hotel... That's what makes it one of our favorite..

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings Debra,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our lovely and historic hotel. I couldn't agree more with your description of our charm and beautiful architecture. We appreciate your loyalty and are so thrilled that you took time out of your busy schedule to let fellow travelers know about your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.