“Honest housekeeping!”

Ranked #63 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Point Pleasant, West Virginia, United States
“Honest housekeeping!”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I left my iPad in my room. I didn't realize it for a couple of hours after I checked out. When I called, housekeeping had already turned it in. I was so thankful. Thanks Westin housekeeping!

Mary Pyles

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so proud of the job that all of our associates do day in and day out. We feel that we hire only the best and it is wonderful to see that validated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed at The Westin as part of a wedding weekend in Columbus. The staff was attentive including the doorman holding the umbrella upon our arrival and the staff who checked us in. We asked a member of the staff to take our picture in front of the BEAUTIFUL Christmas tree in the lobby. She turned out to be a real photographer! Our pic turned out great and will be the best Christmas card we've sent yet - in about 8 years of trying! The wedding reception and the food were outstanding! Bar service was great . . . great attitudes all around! Our room was spacious and reasonably priced - maybe thanks to the wedding we attended. I would definitely book the Executive King Suite again. Our 17 year old daughter was with us, and we needed the space. The whole weekend was fun, and the hotel was the icing on the cake!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
How about that? Didn't know that we had multi-taskers did you? Glad to hear that our team was able to assist and leave you with a memorable experience. Although you were hear for a wedding, we hope that your travels bring you back to Columbus and that the Westin will be your hotel of choice. Happy Holidays!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Westin is really a beautiful building in downtown Columbus, and it was quite convenient in terms of location. However, the prices are quite inflated ($199/night) considering the size of the rooms, in my opinion. The beds and bedding are lovely, the staff was quite friendly, and the room service was good as well. I forgot hair spray, and the hotel was kind enough to send someone to my room with a couple of small bottles, which I appreciated.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel if you're in town for a quick trip like I was, but definitely can't imagine staying in this hotel for any longer than a night or two because of how cramped the room was.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mahesh R, General Manager at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear mnichols79, Thank you for your kind words! Please come back and experience one of our larger guestrooms or suites. We have nineteen different configurations and we enjoy helping our guests discover the one that is most satisfactory!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Westin Columbus is a gem. We've stayed several times and it's always a pleasure. If you like historic buildings--and staying in the heart of downtown, this place is for you. While geared toward business travelers, this is the second time we've stayed with our two year old and the hotel provided a crib (with a heavenly mattress!) and fridge. The staff has always been wonderful...we highly recommend the Westin Columbus!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Jeremy,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return visit. Enjoy the holidays.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed a couple of nights at the Westin Columbus. Spectacular building. Efficient check in and check out process. Wifi costs an arm and a leg and the connection was poor...but then many hotels charge that much. Rooms were moderate size but tended to be dark and not well lit...probably because i got a room that overlooked another part of the building. Some of the furnishings could do with an upgrade. Breakfast was routine ....great location ...a few blocks from a decent stretch where there are plenty of good restaurants. Except for the building itself, nothing much to shout about. Not a bad hotel but certainly not a great one that begs for a return visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear gktravelguru,
Thank you for visiting the Westin Columbus. Please come back again and experience the new menues and enjoy the excellent service at our historic hotel. We look forward to your return!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Let me first say that the hotel itself was spectacular. The staff were attentive and courteous. My room was great. Best bed I've ever slept in. The shower was superb. I LOVED this hotel. However, my gripe is the parking situation. The sign out front said that the valet parking was 20.00. I opted to self park. Little did I know that self parking was the same price. And I was not informed of this. Next time I will do more research and perhaps find a different place to park. 20 dollars to park your car for less than 11 hours is a bit asinine if you ask me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
philbe64, Director of Sales at The Westin Columbus, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
We appreciate your business. Thank you for the kind comments. Please note that our parking charges are in line with the downtown Columbus hotels. We do appreciate the feedback and will review ways in which we might be able to address your concern. For others, please note that there is a garage directly across the street that is a slightly lower fee. However, you do not have in and out privileges with the parking garage. As always, we look for ways to improve our amenities for our guests and will take the comments to heart.
Ashland, Kentucky
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was looking for a hotel to stay somewhere, downtown Columbus, Ohio. Close to the Newport Music Hall where me and my Fiance were seeing Anberlin together for the 3rd time and I wanted to make it special. So I just happened to search and come across the Westin, I had never heard of it before and it was in my price range and so needless to say, me and her decided on it and I wasnt going to call to confim my room, because I guess Im funny like that lol. So my fiance insisted that she would call and check and see and ask a few questions. Well she ended up calling 3 different times each time the same lady answered her name was Meredith, not sure her last name but they got to talking about what our plans were and why we where traveling all the way up their from Ashland, Ky and she just decided to be nice and upgrade our room from a Queen to a King, and add chocolates, and candies and a very sweet note. She didnt even know us but liked us, and gave us a free breakfast pass, and a free movie pass and a free drink pass for me, because Im 21 and my fiance is 19 but a random stranger just liked us enough to make it special and sence we had gotten engaged back a few months ago she called it a gift from Westin and Engagment Trip. How nice and she was 22 so around the same age and she just hooked us up with so much more I dont even remember. It was a definate sign that it would be a amazing stay and so the next day we traveled up their got their to check in early and it turned out to be so much cooler in person that on the computer, very fancy with the valet, even though the price was fail, it was still nice. Our room overlooked Columbus on the 6th floor and was very roomy and had wonderful aminites, and even drinks and just everything you could want to make it special, they did. I said that I would write a review for her because thats the least she could do for us and i was thrilled that she did this we gave the staff our review in summary and told them that we would defiantly come back again and couldnt forget a night at the Westin, btw the bed was amazing. Definatly recommend this to anyone who wants to make a special thing for his or her fiance or bf/gf or even wife or husband. Great Stay!

Room Tip: Dont neccisarily go by the pictures and price, sometimes its just the timing of the month, when you...