“Okay Westin, but would probably chose a different place next time”

The Westin Columbus
Ranked #57 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Very small room, needed some patch work done in the construction. The internet was very slow.

Room was clean, and bed was okay. But the room was just too small.

1  Thank ClickTheGeek
There are newer reviews for The Westin Columbus

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Expensive for the size of the room. It was ok. The lobby was beautiful and the girl that checked us in was delightful. We parked our own car in the lot and it was $20.00 for a night. Little steep. The lot attendant was super nice. The bar was nice. We went in after a concert at the Southern Theater and sat at a table. The bartender was very attentive despite having a crowd at the bar. I wouldn't stay here unless I was going to the theater. Not a judgment on the hotel really, there just isn't much to do downtown. It is an old hotel but it smelled clean, I love that. Oh! Also the housekeepers were very friendly and always spoke. There is a haute nouvo restaurant a block down which was pretty good. So, overall ok but a little overpriced. Great for the theater though!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I just got my credit card bill to find they charged me for using the "refreshment center" I never touched. I was also charged another $20 that the woman on phone could not even explain (already paid for parking). The lotion in bathroom was open with a long dark curly hair attached. The bartenders were too busy talking to each other and watching NBA Finals to help. The breakfast server (male) was very unprofessional (coming from an ex-Starwood breakfast server).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Westin for three nights for a conference. Checkin took a while as the first room smelled of smoke. Yes, I know it is a non-smoking hotel, but the previous guest obviously ignored this rule. Please don't question me late at night when I inform you a room is unacceptable. We did receive two breakfast coupons for our trouble. Our room was quiet as it faced the inter courtyard, although there was no view. As others noted it is an older, historic hotel so the rooms can be on the small side. We had breakfast in the restaurant and drinks in the bar, both of which were fine. The workout facility was small and there were no mats or cleaner for the equipment. Parking is the same fee for both self and valet, so we did the valet and they were always prompt to bring our car. I understand the charge for parking, as this is a downtown location. Charging for WiFi is not acceptable, although we did not have to pay as we were part of a conference. Would I stay here again? Probably not because just two weeks prior we stayed at another Columbus hotel where WiFi, parking, and breakfast were all included for about the same price.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have stayed here about 5x and it is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are clean and modern. Beds are very comfortable.

Some of the rooms are quite small, so small the bathroom has no tub. If you get a good deal, book the hotel, otherwise I would choose something else. The location is not ideal...finding a snack or dinner took some serious hunting. Parking can also be a pain, and the valet is very expensive.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our experience was made unpleasant by screaming, fighting guests on our floor at 4am, as well as doors slamming, loud knocking/yelling and a dog barking all night-- NOT what I would expect from a Westin experience! We asked to have our room moved, and in our dealings with several employees and managers to get a room change, only ONE person offered an apology!! I don't think an "I'm sorry for your inconvenience." is too much to ask for when you work in a service industry! The room they moved us to was an upgrade in size, however, the lamp shades and bed skirting had stains. Knowing what we know now, we would NOT stay at the Westin. Guest behavior is beyond the hotel's control, however for our inconvenience to move rooms, a night of ruined sleep, for paying what we paid, worst case scenario they could have APOLOGIZED, first, and covered our parking, some drinks at the bar, etc. Any effort to make it right would have been appreciated! Disappointed, and will have to think twice about any other Westin stays in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

SButle12 you are absolutely correct. While your fellow guest's behaviorwas upsetting and inconvenient to you, we did not handle your inconvenience very well. You were certainly due more than that single apology. I would sincerely appreciate your contacting me directly so that I can make amends .. perhaps have you back as the hotel's guest the next time you visit Columbus or another expression of our sincere apologies. My direct number is 614.220.7019 or email alanstegman@westincolumbus.com. Alan Stegman, General Manager

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I recently completed running a conference at the Westin Columbus and it was an amazing experience. Every little detail was perfectly executed, the entire staff went way above and beyond my expectations. The Grand Ballroom is spectacular and the hotel is in beautiful condition. The food & beverage for our conference was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious. If you are looking for an exceptional venue with old world elegance and service, this is the hotel for you!

Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Jackie H ... thank you so very much for your nice comments. We are glad your conference went well. The staff prides themselves in delivering above expectations and are always so very happy when that goal is achieved. When planning that next conference, please call upon us to help achieve your goals and objectives! Alan Stegman, General Manager