“For our daughter's wedding”

The Westin Columbus
Ranked #58 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed December 26, 2011

This hotel was used to host our daughter's November 11 wedding. The ballroom is exquisite and offers a very special venue for a wedding reception in the heart of Columbus, OH. The food and service are definiety 5 STARs. The hotel also offers a unique accomodations for those guests who need. It is a historic, vintage decor. Loved it. This comes with our highest recommendation.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed December 26, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Westin, located in downtown Columbus, Ohio. We have stayed at the Westin in the past and have always enjoyed it. However, this was the first time we have stayed there since the renovations. As usual, the Westin did not disappoint.

Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly by the front desk staff. We are SPG members, so we were automatically upgraded to a larger room (without asking). As a side note, my husband and I belong to many of the rewards programs (SPG, Marriott, Hilton), and when possible, we are always upgraded to larger rooms upon arrival. Reward programs are definitely something you should consider if you haven't already.

Our room was fantastic. We had several windows overlooking the downtown area; it was spacious with comfortable furnishings, including a very comfortable and plush king size bed. The bathroom was very spacious, and the shower is wonderful...dual shower heads. We ordered room service for dinner and breakfast, and both meals were fantastic. The hotel was quiet, comfortable, and located near several attractions in the downtown area.

This hotel is rated a AAA four diamond hotel and it truly lives up to this rating. If you are looking for a hotel in downtown Columbus, look no further. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Request a corner room on a higher floor if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chops1971
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Well i stayed here for a long weekend just a few days. The hotel is in a historic building which is very well maintained. i stayed in the typical standard room nothing "wow". the bed was nice big and comfy great LCD right infront of the bed. The room however is very small. But im a big guy, i think that if it was two people(+maybe a child under 9) this would be a great deal. I wasnt to happy with what i got for my money. Ive seen westin resorts and hotels all over the world this was probably my lease favorite. the location was good for me close to everything i needed. but if your gona be shopping. the major shopping centers are a good 15-30 min drive depending on traffic from the hotel. resturaunts well all i can remember was a subway down the street also not opened to late. I hope this review helps you make a good decsion on your hotel while your out in columbus have a great trip. :)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank kalrasheed
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Good hotel for a business traveler. Strong Internet in room and common areas.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The lobby is grand and opulent, the staff is exceptional even before you reach the front door.
I had a very enjoyable my stay at the Westin and would recommend it highly to travelers. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Although the room wasn't huge, it was plenty big enough for me as a lone traveler. The staff members were perfect - helpful and professional.
The only drawback (and it's my fault for not doing my due diligence) is that I thought I could walk to the arena, but the neighborhood got a bit scary after dark. A daytime walk would have been just fine.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We had our wedding reception here and couldn't say enough good things about the venue and all of the services provided! Many compliments have been given...including "that was the BEST wedding EVER!" The rooms were clean and ready for all of our guests! Thanks go out to everyone who helped make this day perfect!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 15, 2011

This is an otherwise fine hotel that has a major security problem. I stayed there last weekend with family while in town for OSU graduation. When coming into the hotel on Sunday night 12/11 at 11:30PM, there was no staff in the lobby. A small sign on the front desk said to ring a bell for service. I felt like stealing the bell. The elevators are close to the front door and the elevator door was open to the lobby. Anyone could have easily walked in from the street and gotten on an elevator undetected. Even worse the hotel is located in a part of town surrounded by courts and government buildings. At night the people on the street can be seedy. Given that the hotel is not outstanding in any other way I didn’t bother to alert the manager when I checked out the next day. I would never stay there again no matter what explanation was given for such a serious breach of the hotels requirement to keep its guests safe from crime.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family