“Very Nice Hotel @ Reasonable Price”

Ramada Columbus Polaris
Ranked #64 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Greenwood, Indiana
“Very Nice Hotel @ Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2010

We were attending a conference at Easton Hilton and wanted a little better price than the Hilton and other Easton Hotels. Using TripAdvisor and my search engines, I made a reservation at the Ramada - AARP rate under $60 for King N/S. The location is great and only 10 minutes drive to Easton on I-270. Room was spacious and clean. Shower/Tub was in a separate room so mirrors didn't get all fogged up. Vanity area a little snug and two of us at the vanity was an impossibility. Under window heating/cooling unit blew on bed until I moved large chair to deflect airflow. Light curtains were picked up an billowed with A/C air. Fortunately, trash can was pretty heavy and I could pin the curtains back. Breakfast was good but limited (typical waffles, cereal, coffee, etc.). Raisin bran and instant oatmeal were only non-sugar coated cereal options and we got the last of the raisin bran. So, nice room - clean and spacious. Only negatives were minor. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Athens, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

I stayed there after a seminar rather than drive home. Moe is very nice and made me feel welcome, letting me check in during the lunch break for a little rest, the room was clean and quiet, well appointed and the soaps and shampoo are delicious, a sugar ginger scent. It was a wonderful night. I ordered fro online.com, their "room service " offered since there is no restaurant on site and dinner was hot and tasty and arrived in a timely manner. I don't see how this is a 2 star hotel, I'd give it 3+ or 4, only because there was no restaurant or bar on site.
What more can you need but a firm bed, soft sheets a hot shower and nice tv for a night. The micro fridge was clean and popcorn ready, even the in room coffee was better than most placed I have stayed. I'll stay again if I get a chance.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Huron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2010

I was concerned that the hotel may not be all that great because the rate was so low but I got way more than expected! The place was great! My room was very clean, smelled nice and the bed was so comfy that I missed it when I got home! The room is also HUGE!! Plenty of room comfy recliner! Towels were clean! The pool was nice and clean and refreshing after a hot day at the Columbus Zoo. Check in was easy and the front desk staff were very nice. The breakfast bar is great and well maintained, had waffle maker, sausages, cereals, juices, breads, bagels, muffins, oatmeal, fruits, yogurts, good coffee, more than I had expected considering how low the rate is! I would defiantly stay here again and tell my friends! They had a crib for my baby too. The hotel is in a good location, set back pretty quiet.. except for the baby in the room next to mine that woke up screaming at 6am, I am so glad I have a good baby!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Sterling, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

clean appearance clean rooms continental breakfast good host kept area clean and food filled, roomy & clean room, pool clear and blue, employes freindly

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Conneaut, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

after reading other reviews was iffy if we should book this hotel, but after staying there, we are glad that we did. The staff was very friendly, booked on line and had no problem with our reservations. The hotel was very clean , rooms were really nice. Refrigerator and Mcrowave were spotless. Had only 2 pillows on a queen bed but found additional pillows in the dresser drawer. The continental breakfast included sausage links, waffles, fresh fruit, flavored creamers for your coffee and tea, juices, plus the ususal items on a breakfast table. This hotel was easy to find with several chain restuarants near by. Will definitely stay in this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

We used to live in Columbus and still have family there, so we know the area pretty well. This hotel is perfect for anyone needing to be on the North/East/Easton area. 10-15 min drive downtown/Campus area. Located off the 1st 270 exit from 71. This hotel is set back off the road but still easy to find. Nice Quit area felt very safe. Check-in was fast! Breakfast was nice! Pool was a nice size, very clean, plenty of sun chairs and most of the stay we had it to ourselves :) When traveling with kids this is a great hotel with a nice price! I have nothing bad to say about this hotel...this was the first of many stays here!!! Have been to many, many other 2 star hotels in north Columbus 161/Morse rd area this Ramada has them BEAT!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2010

Price was good, but the odor in the hall, cob webs in room, dust on light bulbs and burned out lamp in room, and disappointing continental breakfast led to my disappointment in the facility. Run by a bunch of Indians. $20 to shuttle 0.5mi away.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple