“Not so nice experience”

Ranked #70 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus
“Not so nice experience”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a pageant that my daughter participated in. The beds were clean and comfortable the room was clean for the most part. The only issues that I had was that the light fixture in the bathroom had several dead moths inside, and the window seal had several small ants throughout the weekend. Also, on my last night staying the toilet over filled and upon going downstairs to report it to the night desk clerk , I was advised that a night maintenance person was not available, and was given a plunger and industrial bucket. The manager did provide me with a gift certificate for a free night.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Room was supposed to be a non-smoking. We entered the room and it reeked of smoke. Dirty napkin beside the bed on the floor, hair in the shower, bobby pin on the carpet and cigarette ashes on the bathroom and a huge cobweb over the bed also no plastic liner in the ice bucket. This room was obviously not cleaned. So gross. We immediately contacted the front desk and they came down to spray the room and they pointed out the dirty napkin on the floor. We asked if there was another room available and they said they were booked. On the way out the door to our event the front desk then called to say they had another room available. It was too late to change rooms at that point. I asked for a discount and I was denied. We will NEVER stay at a Ramada Inn again!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
salesramadacolumbus, Manager at Ramada Columbus Polaris, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to improve the cleanliness level that we strive for. After researching your stay, the front desk agent did locate another available room to move you to within thirty minutes after you checked in, but you declined to change rooms. The hotel did everything within our powers to correct your situation. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings that you experienced.
Columbus
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The service was excellent and the room was very clean. I liked the location because it was quiet and private and at the same time close to the freeway, a hospital, and a couple of restaurants and shops.

Buffalo
Reviewed May 14, 2014

It was two dat stay in ohio .we liked it some small issue but hotel is working to fix those issue. Had new carpet in the rooms and updateing the hotel .

Shadyside, Ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The front desk staff were great, my problem was with housekeeping, I will take a cup and thro change in it, when I got back latter that day, the room did not look like it had been made up and my cup with the change was gone, I did not realize until I got hame but I left a sapphire ring on the desk and it was gone also. I will be stay at this hotel on a long term basis and will be telling the front desk staff that I don't want them in my room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo