“OSU FOOTBALL GAME” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Columbus Polaris

Ramada Columbus Polaris
Ranked #63 of 143 Hotels in Columbus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
SHUBENACADIE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Staff could be a little friendlier and maybe smile some! Printer in the business service center was not hooked up to the computer which posted a parole.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

ST MALO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The only suggestion I have to make for improvement is training the front desk staff to activate the telephones in the room for long distance. So far I am 2 for 2 for Ramada front desk staff who have no clue hoe to activate the phones. I ended up having to make an international phone call on my cel.

COLUMBUS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. It was not as good as first. The room had an odor. The ceiling over the sofa looked like it was going to fall (seemed like there was a leak). The quilt was missing. The rest room was not clean well. I went to CVS and purchased a bathroom cleaning product and cleaned myself and purchase a plug in room freshner. The first time I stayed it was great. I do not know what happened the second time.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I lived in Columbus for four years and I'm usually particular about where we stay. We wanted a location close to Polaris and the zoo but my husband didn't want to pay $100 or more per night. I read the reviews and thought we would be okay.

The service was good. We checked in and out without hassle. The breakfast with waffles was ok but there wasn't much bacon or eggs left. There were bagels, bread, muffins (small), limited fruit, yogurt, an cereal. I've had fresher selections from other hotels that offered the same breakfast.

Our room
The mattress was awful. It was a king sized mattress that was noisy and had a dip in the middle. We found ourselves "falling into the pit" all night. There were holes in the duvet and covers. Luckily, we didn't see any bed bugs. The carpet was filthy and there was a burn in the carpet from a hot iron. The tile in the bathroom was disgusting. They need to clean the grout. The shower was clean and so was the toilet and sink. However, there were dings in the drawers and the tv was a flat screen but the picture wasn't right. The couch was dirty as well. There were only two towels when we arrived. I ended up sleeping on the horrible couch (with a blanket under me because it was gross) and woke up with a terrible back ache.

This hotel is in need of a complete makeover. The outside is clean but there was a random guy drinking a beer just sitting outside. I didn't feel unsafe, but I looked twice.

The exercise room is a joke. They had "clean" towels on the floor for you to use. How hard would a shelf be to put up?

We will pay the extra money and stay in Hilliard next time. Never again...

• Stayed October 2012