“Thank You! And I look forward to seeing you again next month!!!”

Sheraton Suites Columbus
Ranked #41 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Thank You! And I look forward to seeing you again next month!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Drove to Columbus from Oklahoma to put a daughter back in school at OSU last fall. Needless to say arrived exhausted after 14 hour drive and long days ahead of unpacking, shopping and spending large amounts of money on textbooks and all the other college necessities! I love my daughter very much but I so enjoyed the all-suite facility. I took the bed (which I didn't want to leave after 4 nights) and she took the sofa-bed for just a couple of the nights. Loved the mini-fridge as we were coming and going a lot and it was nice to be able to store yogurt and cold drinks. Needed the coffee and it was good.

Yes, free internet in the rooms would be very nice but I have to say I probably appreciate more the computers in the lobby and the printers. After a few exhausting days of unpacking and getting her settled in I decided to drive back home in two days and loved the computers in the lobby to find a room in St. Louis and better yet to print out my confirmation and some directions.

I'll be back the third weekend in September to once again do the college move-in, this time to an apartment so there will be even more unpacking and gnashing of teeth. I am so glad that I already have my room booked so I can at least know I will be getting good nights sleep and I will be comfortable. As I know there is computers in the lobby I don't think I am even going to bother with my laptop, If I need I will use the lobby and it is one less thing to worry about getting stolen (or more likely smooshed in the van!).

PS - I was also arriving with a van load full of "stuff" and felt safe leaving my car in the parking lot that first night. Traveling alone it is nice to feel safe in your hotel's parking lot especially if you pull in late in the evening :)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank cpo3
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at the hotel. We get a lot of great comments about the Link computer systems in the lobby. I'm glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you again in September!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Huron, Ohio
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Stayed here last night with 2 girlfriends. The hotel is in a good location.. about 8 minutes from Polaris Shopping Center. Have the two room suite was great with 3 travellers, each of us had our own bed! Walking distance to both a movie theatre and Winking Lizard (which we had dinner at). Rooms had a bit of a 'musty' smell, but it was okay, I usually travel with a bottle of febreeze, but forgot it this time

Would definately stay here again .. (we didn't visit Ohio State, but I think the hotel is super close to the university)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank funinthesun44
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Columbus. There is definitely a lot to do with in a short distance of the hotel and I'm glad to hear you were able enjoy some of it. We look forward to having you back again soon!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Clean room, close the I-270 friendly people, restaurant was close most of the time though. Still a great place to stay. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank PierreC1
Thank you for staying with us and providing your kind comments about your stay. We look forward to having your back!
Michigan
Reviewed August 14, 2010

First toilet wasn't secure to the bathroom floor, secondly as I was getting out the shower someone was opening our door ( no knock or anything!) --2 women, in which, had keys, Thirdly our window in our room did not have a screen ( we are on the 8th floor!!!) and it wouldn't close all the way without a loud wind sound! I called guest services 4x, room service 3x, and dialed "0" no answer!!! (Midday!) Upon mentioning the door incident to the night shift "managers", it was made to seem like someone coming in our room, an hour, after we checked in was nothing?! This hotel lacked the prestige that I thought was associated with the Sheraton name. We will NOT be staying at another Sheraton again...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank yvie1018
I know we have already reached out to you directly but we also wanted to respond to your comments on Trip Advisor.

Again, we want to apologize for the issues you had while at the hotel. We had our telephone vender come out and correct the issue with the phone in that room what while ringing on your end would not connect through to the appropriate departments.

You are also correct that none of our windows have screens. Most of guest rooms allow the window to open about 4 inches (some like those over the pool do not open at all) and if they are not closed completely it will create a whistling sound in the room during a windy day.

We realize how these issues would be frustrating to you and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. We look forword to seeing you again soon.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We stayed at the Sheraton Suites for a family trip to the Columbus Zoo. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and very large. The suite layout was perfect for families with children who may go to sleep earlier than the adults. Sheraton was in close proximity to several quality restaurants and only a 15 minutes away from the zoo. Will stay there again during my next trip. The only drawback has been mentioned by other guests- no free in room wireless.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank weh116
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, August 14, 2010
Thank you for kind comments about our hotel. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. While we do charge for internet access in the rooms it is complimentary in our lobby and at the Link by Sheraton. There we have wireless, wired and 4 additional work station available complimentary to all our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Columbus
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We chose the Sheraton Suites for a romantic weekend and on that score it was a success. The hotel is located on a street that runs directly behind a movie theater so there's not much to see around it, but it is quiet. There is construction going on next to the hotel so it might be a different story during the week.

The staff was professional. We tried the breakfast buffet and for $14 per person were not impressed by the selection of eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, breads and cereal. My wife asked if waffles were available and the waitress put in her order. It took almost 30 minutes to get the waffles and they were cold by the time they reached our table (the butter wouldn't melt). There were only two staffers to seat the diners, clean the tables and put out the food. They worked hard and hustled, but needed some help. We were also disappointed there was no omelet station available. Sheraton needs to fully commit to upgrading the breakfast buffet or just scrap it entirely. For the price charged the buffet is not worth it.

We liked our suite, the flat screen TVs were very nice as was the mini-fridge and microwave. Another plus was the shower AND tub. Bath tubs seem to be disappearing from hotels and that was a definite point in the hotel's favor.

Unfortunately, we did not find the mattress comfortable at all. I slept horribly the first night and my wife awoke with a sore back. While the room was fine, the sleep quality was decidedly not.

I can't recommend the Sheraton Suites as there were some serious shortcomings. I might be interested to returning in the future as the price of the room was good, but I'd explore other options first.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeffColumbus
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Very friendly and accommodating staff.

At check in, I asked about the potential for a late check out since I had a supplier visit that day and was traveling with my dog. The clerk said no problem and adjusted my time to 3:00 PM.

The room was clean and well designed. The bathtub was missing grout, so the hotel may want to investigate and fix that in order to prevent future damage.

No issues with noise, despite being full of teenage girls in town for a softball tournament.

Definitely a dog friendly hotel, with staff who actually like dogs. Nearly every employee we encountered asked to pet our dog.

Location was good. Just off the highway and close to quite a few restaurants and bars.

I would suggest adding free internet in the rooms. There is a business center with a certain amount of "free time" allowed for guests to use in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regards your recent stay at the hotel. We are glad to hear you and your pet enjoyed the stay! We look forward to see you again soon next time you are in Columbus.