“Nice and Comfortable Stay.”

Sheraton Suites Columbus
Ranked #46 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Belpre, Ohio
“Nice and Comfortable Stay.”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My friend and I were visiting Columbus for a girls week-end of shopping, dining and celebrating my Birthday.
I made reservations at the Sheraton because I wanted a suite so we could have a little privacy. When we went to check in there were about 20 people in line at the check out desk...luckily we got there just before the crowd. They were having a family reunion and I guess everyone arrived at the same time. Anyway, the staff did a good job getting everyone checked in and the wait wasn't to long. Our suite was very nice...it was a little small but comfortable. We had a seperate living area with a sofa that made into a bed and then a bedroom with french doors. It did show on the website that wifi was extra but they upgraded us to free wifi...had I known they were going to do that I would have taken my laptop..but it was o.k. I can make one night without internet. Although you can get free wifi in the lobby.
When we pulled out the sofa to make the bed the bottom sheet had what looked like cookie crumbs on it...so we called the desk and they were very prompt in bringing us clean sheets plus we needed an extra blanket and they did a good job getting what we needed in a timely manner and also called us to see if we had received everything.
Our rate also included the breakfast buffet and I thought it would be packed with all the people that were there but it wasn't...we were seated at a table with a table cloth and nice glasses and we also had a server who would bring us drinks or anything else we needed. The buffet was very good. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and pastries, etc. We were very pleased and satisfied with our stay and I felt we got a very good value for what we paid for the room. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again! This hotel is in the Polaris area so we were close to plenty of dining and the mall. This hotel also has a shuttle that will take you to the mall and close by restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Georgette B,
Happy Birthday! We are so honored to have hosted your birthday getaway weekend! This area is a great central location for tons of shopping and dining. You will have to come back for the holidays and shop all weekend long! We hope to see you soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2014

When I checked into the Sheraton Suites Columbus and went to our room, I was prepared for a poor experience given some of the poor reviews on various websites. While the hotel was not in the best condition I have ever seen, it was fine and is a great value on a revenue or points stay.

Having a separate bedroom and sitting room (and a closed off bathroom area) was perfect for a visit with our 10 month old.

The fitness room and pool facilities (there are two pools - one indoor, one outside) were excellent.

The reason I am giving this hotel 1* is due to poor customer service. Our young son would not go to sleep and was crying so we decided to leave the hotel and drive home in the middle of the night (rather than in the morning after breakfast). As we were leaving the hotel (between 1am-2am) I went to the front desk to check out. The agent asked for my room number and when I gave it to him, his response was something along the lines of "Oh, thats great news" in a very sarcastic tone. I was too tired and frustrated to address the agent on the spot but it is, without any doubt, the worst service experience I have ever had at a Sheraton Hotel.

As an aside, and completely outside of the control of the hotel, be aware that as of August 2014 there is significant construction locally that can make it difficult to navigate in and out of the hotel area and add a bit of time to your planned trips. Pay attention and give yourself a bit of extra time and you will be fine.

Also, for a short period of time (I forgot to note how long) the hotel is offering free wifi.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeremy L
Dear JeremyL,
We are so sorry to hear that you had an unfavorable interaction with one of our team members during checkout. We understand how frustrating it can be when a little one is upset and crying and you are just trying to leave. In discussing this situation with our audit team member he was a little taken back. His comments were in reference to you saying you enjoyed your stay for the short time period you were here. He did not mean to imply he was happy about you leaving. We realize that during stressful times some things can be misinterpreted and for that we want to apologize. We hope you will give us another try next time you are in town.
Chicago
Reviewed August 6, 2014

It's a bit far from campus, but not too bad. I thought the hotel was a really good value. The build quality was nice and we enjoyed our stay. The wifi was just ok but that may have been due to our room location. The room was large and the staff was great. There were two pools and plenty of parking. I would come again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking to time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to see you again next time you are in town.
canada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband is on a business trip in Columbus Ohio for 2 weeks. I booked him this hotel, based on price and value. I called the hotel, asking them if breakfast was included because I wanted my husband and brother in law to have it easy before having long days of work. The reservations lady informed me that if I give her my SPG account number, the front desk will upgrade me if there is availability upon check in. Great. The price was 150, and then she offered me a price of 126 as a prepaid non refundable. Since My husband was checking in the same night i said why not! I asked her about 10 times if she is sure he will be upgraded she said yes. My husband and brother in law drove 12 hours from Montreal to Columbus, and when they finally arrived at 1 am, they were "greeted" with the worst customer service ever. They informed him that there will be no upgrade even though it is available. My husband put me on the phone with the manager John Adams who was super rude. I asked him if he can make any exception, as my husband had just drove half a day to get there and was extremely exhausted and it would be nice to have some breakfast first thing in the AM. He refused in the rudest way possible. I called corporate to complain. The nice lady said she will call the hotel and ask them herself to change their minds. She came back to me saying they were rude to her as well and refused. She recommended i open a file against them, and I have. I am appalled by this lack of customer service and compassion by a big chain like Sheraton. Not sure how they can hire such a rude person. I booked a different hotel for them, and will fight to get reimbursed and refunded for this terrible experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ron111111
Dear ron111111,
Wow. We are so sorry you had such a rough experience with Sheraton. While it is true that we cannot gurantee upgrades before arrival as you stated below it sound like the person you spoke to at the call center then stated she would guarantee it which is a little confusing. We have reached out to the Starwood call center so they can see if there are any recordings of that call to insure that associate is giving out the correct information. As for the person you spoke to on property, while there were no additional upgrades available when your husband arrive, it sound like our team member could have handled the exhange a better way. We appologize for the inconvenence this caused you.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family and I was going to visit the Ohio State Fair 8/1/2014 for the first time and I found the hotel on the internet. On arrival at the hotel, the lady at the desk on arrival had an attitude, and gave the wrong information about breakfast. When I called later, I got the same wrong information (7:00am- 11:00 am). In the morning I got the correct information, (7:00 am - 10:00 am) so, my husband and I had to rush
The service for receiving towels was poor, but the guy that
brought them was nice.
The guy that was working in the Club room for breakfast was irritated if you asked him a question. The continental, one hot (eggs, no meat), breakfast was one of the worst for the extra money we paid. One lady complained of the stale bread. One lady said, she will never pay the extra money for breakfast again.
The room was ok. Overall the stay was not worth the price, and my family and I have stayed at a lot of hotels, because we travel a lot. Next time I will try another hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear traveler91750,
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience. We are sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. It appears some of the confusion related to restaurant service times. The restaurant is open to order breakfast items until 11:00 AM but the buffet portion of breakfast closes at 10:00 AM. While the Sheraton Club breakfast it is a continental breakfast with one hot item (not a full buffet) the upgrade fee paid also covers the evening snack, all day unlimited cold and hot beverages, all day grab and go snacks, complimentary internet, and access to the private lounge and addition in-room amenities. As for team member assigned to the Sheraton Club that day we have address your observation with him and corrective action has been taken. Again we appreciate you letting us know about your stay. If there is anything we can do please let us know.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway the first weekend of August.
We selected Sheraton at Worthington for location, value for room and amenities.
The hotel is located just 10 minutes along the beltway I-270 to Easton Shopping Center and just 5 minutes from Polaris Mall. We were pleased to see the hotel is located in a very upscale business park setting that included several nice restaurants within walking distance.
We also found convenience stores, a McDs and Krogers all within 3 blocks and 1 stoplight.
Check-in - Easy and quick.
Service - the AC in the room didn't seem to be working when we arrived. I informed the front desk as we were leaving for dinner on Friday and when we returned it was working fine.
Service at the bar/restaurant was slow Saturday night. One bartender trying to keep up with several requests including our room service order of food. He was overwhelmed.
Room - Very clean and the King Suite we stayed in was designed nicely with a touch of class.
Amenities -

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dana F
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Second year our softball team has stayed here for our long weekend tournament at Berlinger Park. Rooms are nice with separate bedroom from "sitting room" which has small desk, pull out sleeper couch and small refrigerator. The indoor and outdoor pools were very nice for the team. Lots of good restaruants nearby and laege movie theater. Downtown is a easy, close (15-20 minutes) drive. Great choice!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
It was great hosting your team for the tournament. We get so many nice comments about having two pools doing the summer we are glad you had a chance to enjoy them. We hope to see you again next year!