“Good and cheap”

Sheraton Suites Columbus
Ranked #53 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Nothing incredible about this hotel, but noting too bad either. I needed a room in this area of Columbus and got a $75 rate on priceline. My wife and I stayed in a small suite and didn't arrive until 10 and left around 7. Pretty average tubs/showers, average bathroom. Sofa and tv in living room area. Beds were springy, if you like those. I like springy better than hard and firm. All around, good value for the money I paid - I would stay again, but wouldn't necessarily limit my choice to this hotel if I stayed in this area again.

I did pay for breakfast. It was about $14 and was fine. I've had similar breakfast for about $12 at other hotels. But it was actual cooked, hot served eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, potatoes, etc.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. If there is ever anything we can do in the future please let us know.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We spent one weekend night at the hotel. Rooms were very large, updated and clean. Great location. There are a lot of good upscale restaurants close by along with Starbucks and a movie theater. Close to Polaris for shopping.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank jenlynp

It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate the nice comments. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please let us know.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very nice hotel. Spacious rooms. Separate bathroom and setting area. Rooms equipped with two flat screened televisions, ample spaced desk, refrigerator and microwave! Shower was clean and provided several towels. Bed was comfortable and had multiple pillows that,were very nice.
Great service from the front desk- easy check in and out process!
Breakfast buffet was nice and well stocked the next morning! Food was fresh and well maintained. Coffee was hot and offered to-go cups!
Will definitely return!

Room Tip: Request to be close to the elevators if you cannot walk long distances.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have been to this property numerous times over nearly 20 years. The location is convenient and the layout of the rooms is nice, with access to the bathroom from both the living area and bedroom. That is the good.

The problems with the property start with the service. As a long time Starwood Gold member, we were given a room on the club level, one of the prime reasons we chose to stay again at this property. When we tried to access the club itself, however, our keys did not open the door. When I asked at the desk if our keys could be fixed, we were told that they were being nice to us because they gave us a room on that floor, however, if we actually wanted to get in to the club, it would be another $30 a night. So while the club was about 30 feet from our room, we would not be getting in. When I said that I had never heard of such a policy, it was explained to me in a rude, though well rehearsed tone that access to the club decided by each individual property. Want in here, $30. No exceptions. If I paid up I would get the continental breakfast. A much bigger breakfast could be had in the restaurant for $16 per person, but never mind that.

So I had time on my hands stuck in my room, which I spent looking out the window. It had snowed the night before. I watched as the movie theater across the street cleaned all the sidewalks of their emergency exits at 7AM, watched as the Doubletree next door cleaned and re-cleaned their walkways to even the side doors of their property. The Sheraton, nothing. Not even a little bit of shoveling to clear the drifted snow under the awning to form a small path to the pick up and drop off area. Did not even open a packet of table salt to put on the walk. When I asked about what was going on with lack of snow removal as I went to load my car, the man at the desk, again with quite an attitude, lied about how someone was working to clean the back of the hotel. So rude. Still nothing was done when we left at 8:45. Unacceptable.

My daughter stayed on the pull out couch in the sitting room. Though the couch looked nice and relatively new, it would be a real stretch to call what pulled out a mattress. It felt like a very thin pad with wires and bars sticking up through it. We tried our best to create something out of pillows to pad the "mattress", but needless to say, my daughter did not sleep well. It was another example of cutting corners in the wrong places.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Lippi,
Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience at the hotel. We are so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We strive to exceed every guest's expectation and it is obvious we fell short during your visit. We will review your comments with each of the team members involved. If there is anything else we can do please feel free to let us know.

Safe travels.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We came to Columbus for a weekend for a concert. We found this hotel online, when we arrived we were a little disappointed that using a Debit card they hold money back as a deposit. We did not know that and had all our money accounted for, so that was discouraging. But other then that I enjoyed the room. The room was a nice layout, very homey/apartment like. The bed was very comfortable! It made it very difficult to get out of bed in the morning. It was a very clean feeling room. The hotel lobby was nice and also had an indoor swimming pool.

The hotel was in a good location, close to the highway and the zoo. Each location we wanted to see was about 15-20 minutes. The hotel was also very close to many restaurants and a movie theater across the street. We tried a couple of the restaurants nearby and enjoyed them too.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay. While the debit card thing can be new for some people please know that you will run into this at any hotel you visit. A lot of people don't realize it because they use a credit card but both are treated exactly the same by hotels. Fund will be held at check-in to insure payment. We are so sorry this caused some inconvenience during your visit. It is nice to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. Hopefully we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton Suites while attending a holiday event in Columbus. It was on a weekend. The hotel was just fine. The room was large and well-appointed. They offered free internet on the weekends, which was appreciated. The only downsides: (1) I stayed at the Club Level, but because of the small number of guests that weekend, the Club did not seem to have its usual amenities (such as breakfast, which was moved to the main restaurant), (2) The location is very near a shopping area that seems to have "died"--very few shops and restaurants open and not much to do in the immediate area. There were lots of other places a short drive from the hotel. Overall, a good home base for my visit and a well-maintained property that was quite a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bruce-Carol B

We are so glad we were able to be your home base for your holiday visit! We appreciate your kind comments about the hotel and staff and will be sure to share. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Was here for three days back in early dec 2013 when that big storm hit. Had a beautiful suite. I really loved the bed, the down duvet underneath, the incredible pillows. Also loved how the entire bed, all linens, blanket were white. Got 5 dollar credits for each night i didn't need sheets changed, which was also nice. I was working at the Ohio Expo center, so i thought it might be a ways away, but it was worth it with the location being close to things i really needed, a grocery store and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

While we hate for anyone to get snowed in we are glad we were able to make your stay in Columbus more enjoyable. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!