“Middle of the road”

Sheraton Suites Columbus
Ranked #39 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
“Middle of the road”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

WIth the limited Starwood properties in Cbus, I figured I'd give this a shot (after almost always staying at the Westin Downtown -- which I'm not too fond of).

Super cheap rate. Hotel is in an area of town around, seriously---20 other hotels and at least 20 restaurants (all in one-ish square miles).

Old property. Really, really in need of lots of work (but I can't complain due to low rate).

Spacious suite-style rooms. Plenty of room for a family if you're on a budget.

I have to stay that staff were a tad rude and not that helpful. Wireless was down for half of my stay and they didn't seem too concerned about getting it back up.

Overall, ok stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark M
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Markymarktxnyc,
We appreciate your feedback concerning your stay. I'm so sorry you felt our guest service representatives were rude. That is not the way we do business and not what we usually hear back from guests. We will make sure we bring this up with our team to insure everyone understands our standards.

We hope you will give us another try next time you are in town.

Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Loved the room, the bed, fridge, couch, desk, bathroom was nice and clean. The bed & bath room were a little small. Loved the two tvs. The pool and hot tub was very nice. Staff was very friendly in finding a restaurant to eat at close by. This hotel is in a great location. I'm in town working the quarter horse congress, and needed to get to bed early. I was awaken at 11:30 to a helicopter the police one shining it's lights into our hotel room & swarming the building waited a while called down to the lobby they it was the security system that went off and they were unsure why...Which is an uneasy feeling & upsetting. Did not know what to expect. So I was up for a while there afterwards. Overall thought I'd stay again & just hope no alarms go off!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bgab1421
Dear Bgab1421,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. The helicopter was bit of a surprise for us too along with the police. It appears our alarm company had a malfunction in their equipment which sent a code out to the police saying we needed assistance. They have since fix it.

While we don't wish this to happened to any of our guests it is a great story to tell the grandkids!

We hope to see you again next year for the festival!
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2013

A good overall Business Hotel in Columbus OH. Good size room and lounge / office area make these rooms comfortable for business travellers. Good comfortable beds and Starbucks coffee in the room. However, downd side for me was having to pay $9.99 for Wifi (24 hr) access where almost every other hotel in the US it's free! And the fact that if you want a coffee in the lobby you have to pay for it. Know these things may seem small but they are disappointing when paying more for staying at Sheraton Suites.
Front desk was however, excellent - thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience. We will be sure to pass your comment about internet and lobby coffee to the Sheraton Brand team for their consideration during their next standards review. We look forward to see you again soon.

Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband & 4 year old grandchild stayed here for 2 nights on family trip. Beds very comfortable & clean. Starbucks coffee provided for coffee maker in room, along with bottled water, & tea bags. Wifi not free, but there is a "hub" in lobby, which we did not use. Front desk told me they cater to business travelers, who usually purchase a package which includes wifi. Room service prompt, food good. Grand child loved the revolving door. Easy walk to cinema, lots of good quality restaurants nearby including G. Michaels. Price a bit high when compared to other hotels that include truly free wi/fi, as well as breakfast.

Stayed October 2013
NY
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Staff was friendly, room was clean and quiet and there is a Chipotle across the street. Work out well for a long weekend in Columbus and I would stay there again. Make sure you do not get a handicap accessible room unless you need it as the shower is not as nice.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not get a handicap accessible room unless you need it as the shower is not as nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jeremy D,
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and glad you enjoyed your stay. As you noticed the ADA shower are designed a little different to meet the needs of some of our guest and local code. While we would hope we would always have the room type a guest would like sometimes we do fill up one or the other and only have a select few available.

We look forward to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've stayed here twice, both times the reservations were made on Priceline and I got a heck of a deal for a hotel of this caliber. The building seems a bit dated from the outside (not sure when the hotel was built), but the lobby was clean and the clerks were very friendly and efficient. They even gave me extra water when I asked (took it directly from their little sundries store and handed it to me at no charge). The room itself was quiet and clean. This is a Sheraton Suites hotel, so each room has their own bedroom, bathroom, and small living room. The bedroom was a little cramped, but only because the bed itself was a King. There were two TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. I could not hear any noise from neighbors of the outside. Overall a relaxing stay.

There were a few negatives (hence only 4/5):
They do charge for internet. Most other hotels in the area offer free wifi, but this hotel charges. However, if you do decide to pay for the internet, the speed is much faster than the crappy free wifi that everybody uses at other hotels.
One time I was there in the dead of winter and the parking lot had a sheet of ice on it. It doesn't seem like they salt the parking lot, as the entrance to the hotel seemed salted. I almost slipped and fell a couple of times walking through the parking lot to/from my rental car. If the managers of this hotel are reading this, please salt your parking lot!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experiences.

While we do salts both our walkway and the parking lots we always do the walkways first. It sounds like our maintenance team had not got to were your car was before you need to leave. For that we are so sorry.

If there is anything else we can do please let us know.

Ohio
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Suites for one night with my son's soccer team for a tournament. I had stayed at this same hotel a little over a year ago and really liked it. This time I was again pleased with the size of the room and the friendliness of the front desk staff. The only thing I wish was different was there was a musty smell in my hotel room and the bathroom had a smell like stale water. It wasn't so bad that I felt I had to leave but it definitely put a damper on my stay. Other than that I was pleased with my stay. I probably would try to stay in another hotel if I had a choice. The room did appear to be clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Sharon C,
It is nice to hear that your overall stay was a good one. Please accept our apology on the issue you listed about your room. We will dispatched our maintenance and housekeeping teams to look into the issue you describe.
Thank you again for staying with us and for your feedback. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.
Safe Travels!