“Excellent Service”

Ranked #41 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
washington wv
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel far surpassed the expectations I had. The rooms were very nice they had french doors separating the bedroom from the living area. The beds were not comfortable as most people have said.I personally thought they were extremely hard. Twice we called the front desk with a request and within 2 minutes someone was knocking on the door. I was very impressed. It was super nice to have2 flat screen tvs in the room. The rooms were kinda small but they super clean. Do not pay the advertised price of $99 per night or more as this hotel can be hadon priceline most of the time for $49 a night.I paid less for 2 nights than what he hotel was wanting for 1 night. This is not a smoker friendly hotel. There is no reason that one floor cant be designated as a smoking room as it is very incovenient to go outside eery time you want to smoke. The bottom line is this is a very nice hotel with great customer service. The breakfast is way overpriced for what you get. I would not recommend spending $15 per person. The breakfast should be free as it is in many hotels these days. Very pleased with the hotel overvall. I will be back..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Grimes, Iowa
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were travelling with our family, so one king and one small sofa bed really was not enough. The sofa was not at all comfortable. They didn't have any cribs available. It would have been nice for a couple, but didn't seem very family friendly. There was a separate bed room, but calling it a suite is a bit of an exaggeration. There are many nice restaurants in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I'm so sorry to hear you did not enjoy the layout of our suites. While we get many great comments about our rooms we do realize that everyone's needs are different. While our two double bed suites are of limited supply it sounds like that room type might be more in line with your family's needs. We truly hope you would consider us again during a future visit to Columbus.

ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked my stay at Sheraton suites from Hotwire. I got a pretty good deal; pretty much two nights for the price of one. The worthington area is quiet and not as hustle and bustling as other areas in columbus. There is a movie theatre in walking distance called Marcus cinemas. This literally is the absolute LARGEST movie theatre I have ever been in. It was very very clean! Our room at the Sheraton I would rate as average. I will go over the pros and cons. Pros 1: both indoor and. Outdoor pool, & jacuzzi hot tub, 2: lounge/ bar 2: work out room is very clean and nice with good equipment. 3: the bed and pillows are very comfortable. 4: there is a refrigerator and microwave in the room!!
Cons. 1: the place seems slightly out dated on the inside. 2: our room doesn't seem as clean as it could be. For example some "dust bunnies" in areas along the wall$
& they are areas that are visible 3: missing calking in the bathroom tub area, so the tile is open to the wall all around the wall meets tub area,,,I'm not a germ amphibic,but this does gross me out. Upon booking this class of hotel on Hotwire, which was rated a four star, it seems to lack things I would classify as a four star. Could be a Hotwire screw up as far as the star Listing, ???. It needs to be a little more up to date,
I would stay here again : by no means a horrible place, just a little below what I like in standards. However I love the quietness of this worthington area, & it's very accessible to 270.. Also my intent of the trip was to find a hotel under $100 A night, I brought my children so we could go to the Zoo and zoombezi bay. So I was like looking for affordability and luxury, but basically just got the affordability part.

Room Tip: No suggestions...sorry
1 Thank jrummie
Thank you for your kind comments about your stay. We have addressed the couple of items you mentioned about the room you were in to insure it is up to our standards. If there is anything else we can do please feel free to let us know.

Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed August 11, 2013

SPent the weekend with my wife in Columbus at this hotel. Got a great rate on hotwire! Check-in and out was a breeze - Not more than 5 minutes on each! The room was very clean and probably updated about 3 years ago or so (my guess). Bed was unbelieveable! Better bed than what I have at home! Pools were inviting and we swam in the outdoor pool for about 1 hour. The location was just what I wanted. It is located very close to lots of restaurants, 10 minutes to Polaris and about 15 minutes to Easton! Hallways need a little update but I really didn't care much about them. Can't understand why anyone would but I know people do. Overall a great place to stay. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Watch hotwire or priceline for this hotel! Saved $100 easily!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for kind comments. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there two nights and the first night I had to park in the back and I thought "no big deal". The next morning we went out and the car next to us had their back window smashed out and had been robbed.
We leave later on the day to see that two more SUVs had their back windows smashed out too! So that evening I had to park in the back again and was quite concerned.
Nothing happened to my car but three cars in one night. The hotel needs security!
The rooms were nice, the staff was nice, but I was nervous about leaving my car outside.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Monday198
We appreciate your feedback concerning your recent stay in Columbus. Starwood Hotels and the City of Worthington take safety and security very seriously. While the Northern Columbus Suburbs are extremely safe everyone must be diligent not to leaving valuables out in the open overnight for others to see. Auto break-ins are very rare in our quiet community. That evening several hotels in our complex fell victim to this criminal activity. The Columbus & Worthington police have increased patrols and there have been no incidence since. As always if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call and we would be happy to discuss it with you further.

We hope you will visit the Worthington area again next time you visit central Ohio.
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend. Check-in was fast and easy. The man who checked us in was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The only complaint I have is Saturday morning some of the power went out in our room. Nothing worked except the lights in the front room area, both tv's and the lights in the bedroom part quit working. We let the front desk know as we headed out for the day. It was around 11 am. We returned to the hotel around midnight only to find the problem had not been fixed. We went back down to the front desk and the man at the counter offered to switch us rooms. We went ahead and switched rooms, but it was a little frustrating having to do that at that hour with a cranky 4 and 7 year old. Despite the issue we would still stay there again.

1 Thank iAshley A
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We are excited to hear you enjoyed your visit to both our city and hotel. While we understand most of your stay was great, we will look into why one of your requests was not honored during your stay to insure this doesn't happen again. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We just stayed here this past weekend for three nights with a softball team. And It was a nice hotel . Not sure what the normal rate was but the group rate we got was a great deal.The hotel is an older one I believe, but it was still a great clean place to stay. The room was very nice. The pool areas were nice and fun for the kids. It is located really close to the Polaris area. Minutes away from a mall, Dave N Busters and just about any restaurant you would want. There are several places to eat withing walking distance and a movie theatre across the street. Would not hesitate to stay here again. I do feel sorry for anyone that was not involved in the softball tourney. Because that would be a surprise to someone just stopping in. There were lots of teams there. Great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
chucg, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We will make sure to pass them along to the entire team. We look forward to seeing you again next year!