WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sheraton Suites Columbus

Sheraton Suites Columbus
Ranked #45 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Ohio
“Crisp, clean spacious rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed at Sheraton Suites in Columbus for one night on business. The hotel isn't brand new, but it was well-maintained and the rooms were very nice. Modern carpet, furnishings and two flat screen TV's. The standard rooms are all suites: bedroom, bathroom, and living room. Quiet and calming.

I did not try the restaurants, room service or other hotel services because my stay was short, but all appointments looked ample. Lobby area is small, but has a business center with free wi-fi that was being used every time I was in the lobby.

Location of hotel was convenient to Dublin, Worthington, Westerville and other north-suburb areas. Convenient access to the outer-belt (I-270), I-71, and SR 315.

I booked the hotel through a discount site and received a low rate, so my SPG gold status wasn't honored upon check-in. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Rob D,
It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Lima, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Very nice hotel, looks like it has been renovated recently. Rooms are large and feature a living room and a bedroom. Very loud lobby and entrance area, lots of groups and children running around both days I was there. Got a great rate on the room so I would stay again when I am on the North side of Columbus

Dear JL1707,
Thank you for your nice comments. We truly appreciate it. See you again next time you are in Columbus!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have booked a room at this hotel at least a dozen times and twice I have been bumped. I had a reservation and when I got there... Oops no rooms. They will proceed to send you to a random dump of a hotel with no other option. I would never book here if you really need a room for a night since you never know if they will over book and send you on to a two-star hotel at best. Very disappointing. I will not be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Keinwal,
We are so sorry that happened to you. From time to time all hotels have a room or two that goes down at night which are not able to be used. In this case another guest flooded their bathroom which left several rooms unusable for the evening. We make every attempt to put a guest we need to relocate in a like hotel and make sure we take care of that night’s charges for them. We dread having to relocate a guest as much as a guest hates to move to another hotel. I hope you will give us another try in the future.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

The pictures truly give you a good idea of what to expect, the layout of the room is exactly as pictured on their website. It was comfortable for an overnight stay, but I thought the suite was just a bit small. Check in was easy and quick, the clerk was very friendly and efficient. The room was clean and quiet, the bed comfortable. There is a small refrigerator, coffeemaker and coffee, desk, and a small sofa in the main portion of the suite. And, just as many have stated before, the bedroom is seperate and can become fairly private by closing the french doors. The bathroom can be accessed from both the bedroom and living area. I noticed a pizza being delivered from Jets as we were checking in. Since we were traveling all day and kind of tired, having food brought to us was pretty appealing. The desk clerk was able to give me a brochure from Jets ... we called and ordered, and within 30 minutes our pizza was brought right to our door .... fresh and hot! There are several restaurants to dine at in the immediate area ... and the location of the Sheraton is pretty easy to find. Overall, we had a pleasant experience.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear ms1024,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are thrill you enjoyed your stay.
Kirkwood, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just stayed at this Sheraton suites this past weekend. The rooms are suites as advertised. The bedroom does have French doors as many have stated. We really liked the fact that we could shut the French doors and have some level of privacy from the living room. The room was size was adequate. We had four adults sharing the room. My wife and I stayed in the bedroom and my son and his girlfriend stayed on the sofa bed. I have to say that the bed was very comfortable, and my wife agrees. We have stayed at several different Sheraton properties this year and they have the best beds of any hotel I have stayed at.

The staff was very helpful. When we got in our room the TV in the bedroom would not work. We called the desk and they sent up a maintenance man to address the issue. He had to replace the tv with a different that had different kind of base. My wife was ready to call the desk for a different room or a discount. I told to hold on a bit. Long story short the guy took the parts from the broken tv and put them on the working tv. He had to remount it the the dresser. He persevered and we had a working tv. He could have easily gave up in the beginning and said sorry it's broke and we can't fix it. It was nice to see somebody do whatever it takes to get the job done.

We got the complimentary buffet with our room. The service was very good both mornings. The waiters were friendly and the made sure we had everything we needed. The food was good for a buffet. The biscuits and gravy were good for a buffet. The scrambled eggs with cheese were also good. As I said it was good for a hotel breakfast buffet.

The only complaint was they only put 2 towels in the room. This was easily overcome with a call to the desk. The sent more towels right away. Also if you fully open the valve on the shower the hot water is plenty hot.

As many have stated in their reviews it is close to the major hi ways and there are many restaurants close by.

I would stay here again and I would recommend the Sheraton suites to anyone looking for a nice place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kevin D,
Thank you for your kind comments. We get a lot of great comments about the beds. We are happy you enjoyed them. We hope to see you again soon next time you are in Columbus!
Covington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I visit Columbus several times per year to visit college friends and check out various events (Gallery Hop, ComFest, concerts, etc.), and this hotel is our go-to each time. The location isn't exactly ideal b/c it's in the Worthington suberb & therefore a bit of a trek to get to Clintonville, campus, or downtown. However, they offer a free shuttle and the hotel is located on the #2 COTA bus route, so it really isn't much of an issue.

The rooms are spacious and clean (thanks to being suites) with a nice living room area (comfortable sleeper sofa, nice tv, minifridge, coffee maker, etc.), very comfortably beds, & and nicely sized bathroom. The staff is friendly and helpful.

My husband is an SPG member, so we usually book this hotel using points, and it's very reasonably priced (3000 pts.). We also get a free breakfast the next morning in the attached restaurant, which is a satisfactory buffet with good service.

As far as amenities go, I can only really speak for the wi-fi (which is free and works very well) as I've never used their fitness center or their pool/jacuzzi. I wouldn't hesitate to use them, the opportunity simply hasn't come up.

We will continue staying at this hotel, and I definitely recommend it for a decent priced stay in Columbus.

Dear Nireka,
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We paid, pre-tax, $100/night for a King Suite. We travel with 2 little kids, so we prefer a hotel with 2 rooms so that the kids have room to play, and we can put them to bed without us having to go to bed. The room had french doors seperating the living room (with queen sofa bed) and the bed room. Nice large bathroom. They provided a crib as well (not a pack and play). very clean rooms. For the rate, you couldn't find a nicer place. I would absolutely stay there again and will look at Sheraton Suites properties in the future. We stumbled across this one since most of the hotel rooms in Columbus were booked or didn't have the suite style we prefer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Jen B,
It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We get many wonderful comments about our suits from families who just love the two room configuration. We hope to see you again soon!