“Great Stay!”

Ranked #39 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. We made a great choice. We are somewhat picky travelers who like to have a nice view out of our window. We requested a room change 3 times (I like to over look the city), and each time the attendants were extremely friendly and accommodating. Their was a football team staying in the hotel that weekend and they accoomodated us by putting us on a floor that was above the team - this was great! The rooms are spacious, clean and smelled fresh. The best feature for me was the french doors that close off the sitting room from the bedroom. The room included a refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker which was perfect for warming up leftovers. There are TONS of really great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel as well as a movie theatre. The best part of the room by far was the bedding. I know Sheraton is known for its bedding - it was luxurious as usual. Overall, the stay was great. Friendly staff, great accommodations, and pretty good food for room service. The only negative was the charge for wireless service.....really? This seems a bit ridiculous, but will not keep us from staying there again.

Room Tip: Try to stay on floors 7 or above for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear 2JenxNParadise,
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay with us. With over 15 restaurants with in walking distance of the hotel the choices for dinner are limitless! See you next time you are in Columbus.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The staff was very nice, and I was literally there for eight hours, but when I showered, the water just didn't get hot enough. The same thing happened with my coworker. I also saw two weird brown spiked balls against the wall near the bathroom. I tried to get close to see if it was a bug or just the carpet pulled up in a strange way or maybe even some sort of plant growing in the floor, but I couldn't tell what it was. I just stayed away from it.

It was close to where I needed to be for work so that was fine. The room itself was very spacious. They didn't have any more king rooms available so I had two queens. It was a something like a junior suite, with double doors to enter the bedroom. Pretty nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tiffany,
We appreciate your feedback concerning your recent stay. As with most hotels we do regulate the temperature of our hot water going to all guest touch points. The hot water is set to come out of a tap at between 123 and 126 degrees. This we have found typically balances the need for maximum guest comfort while still eliminating the possibility of someone becoming injured by excessively hot water.

Thank you again for your comments. If there is anything else we can do please feel free to let us know.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Ok, maybe I am picky. This is a really nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay. Booked a room that included breakfast and we were happy with that. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Why not give it a 5???? I could not believe that they charge $9.95 for wireless access in your room. If you want to lug your laptop to the lobby or use one of theirs (make sure to take along your wipes)....it is free. I don't know about you but I personally don't want to sit in a lobby and do my work or enjoy my e-mail. Really....in this time....$9.95 for wifi....just wrong.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear TravelingGrammy2011,
Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel. We are thrilled to hear overall you enjoyed your stay. We are sorry to learn you were disappointed about the charge for internet in the rooms. While this is a common charge at most full service hotels in Columbus, we do understand that from time to time it can be confusing to our guests. The most comment question is why McDonald’s or other small hotels can offer it for free while larger hotels charge for it. The simple answer is we are providing two different types of service. Our system is more secure (no need to worry about someone stealing your passwords or seeing what you are doing), larger bandwidth, guaranteed access speed (the system does not stop because someone is downloading a movie in another room) and has 24 hours guest support provided by AT&T. We also provide access for up to three devices (lap top, iphone, ipad) for a 24 period for one flat rate.

We do realize these additional benefits are not important to everyone which is why we do offer free access in our first floor public space. The lobby and restaurant areas are great places to check email or print a boarding pass.

As always we will share your comments with Starwood’s IT Team so they can consider it when they are assessing system changes in the future.

Thank you again for feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Athens, Ohio, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I booked this hotel for a 1 night stay on 10/20/2012 on the Sheraton website one month ahead. The reason I booked this hotel is the reviews about their comfortable beds. On 10/21/2012, I was to run the Columbus Marathon in the morning and I am ready to get a good nights sleep. On the website, it stated that the room was prepaid and the rate is non-refundable. I show up around midnight and was told that they have maintenece problems(yeah, sound like they over-booked) with my room and they got me a room at the Marriott in Dublin which was 9 miles away. When I got to the Marriott, the room was much smaller and the beds weren't comfortable. It was just not the quality room I was expected. Shearton went ahead and charged me the full price today. So basically I paid full price for a less quality room. I notice from some other reviews this isn't the 1st time they did this. So be ready to get ripoff from this hotel if you book with them.

Room Tip: Book with another hotel. This one won't honor what they sell you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank On L
Dear On L,
We are so sorry we were not able to honor your reservation at the hotel. As in any business our goal is honor everything we have promised 100% of the time. However, from time to time an unexpected maintenance issue can cause us to come up short. When this happens we do find our guest alternative accommodations for the night and we pay for it. A credit should have been issued to your card. If that did not happen, please call us at the hotel and ask for our Front Office Manager who can correct that issue for your.
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Location is good as lots of nearby restaurant options. Beds and bedding excellent as usual for Sheraton. In Room coffee - (one of my pet peeves) - A+ for having Starbucks and 2 packets! In room amenities also very good. Furniture dated. Only negative was the restaurant for breakfast. Buffet was sparse, not maintained (one last cold biscuit, stone cold processed eggs, etc) and poor service. (No flatware on table and I waited a long time to get it) waiter did not come back to check anything until bringing the bill, then was loud in mentioning "the gratuity is not included " I think it is tacky to have staff ask for a tip (which I always provide anyway) but especially irratating when poor service.
I would recommend the hotel, but eat elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear milklady58,

Thank you for your nice comments about your room. We really appreciate it. As for the food, we will have a discussion with our Food and Beverage Team about your experience. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 9, 2012

All of the sleeping rooms at this property are two room 'suites' so I was expecting a decent amount of space. The living room space was very small as was the sleeping space. I would have much preferred for it to be one larger room without the french doors as the space just felt cramped. The room was definitely tired and had not been cleaned super well (there were pretzels and other dirt around and under the sofa and smudges on the mirror). The service level was average as was the breakfast buffet in the morning. On the plus side, there are a lot of restaurants and activities nearby and parking is free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear muchuckles,

Thank you for providing us feedback on your recent stay. I'm so sorry to hear we fell a little short of your expectations during this visit. We proud ourselves on our outstanding guest service and it appears we missed the mark during your stay. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. We would love to have you back again to show you what Sheraton is truly all about. If there is anything we can do please let us know.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My family and I got here at 11 PM on a Saturday night after spending time at a funeral, so not the best of circumstances. The staff was great, and when we got into the room, we were pleasantly surprised. The living room, bathroom, and bedrooms had room to spare for my family of 4. I did not have time to use any of the pool, workout room, etc., but I did see them and they were nice enough. We ate breakfast the next morning, and the gentleman running the restaurant at the time comped our kids' meals when he noticed how little they were taking from the buffet.

I've stayed at 3 Sheraton Suites in the last year, and this was the best. I'm a Gold SPG member, so am used to stays being really good, and while the Sheraton Suites properties aren't many, I'm starting to enjoy staying there more. This particular location was great!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear claybrizendine,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you can come visit us again under happier circumstances and have time for the pool. The Columbus Zoo is also a great place the kids would love. We hope to see you again soon.