Sheraton Suites Columbus
$138
$120
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfrench doorsliving roomoutdoor poolfront deskclub floormovie theaterstarbucks coffeesleeping areabreakfast buffetflat screenking suitemini fridgestayed here for one nightpull out sofashort drivegreat roomhotel restaurant
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My friend and I stayed here for a recent conference in Columbus for our home-based business. We were very disappointed that, at the rate of $122/night they did not have an airport shuttle. We ended up having to fork out $40-$45/each way for a cab. The front desk recommended Blue Cab and swore they wouldn't charge more than $25 for the trip back to the airport but with a tip it came to $40. Beds/rooms were extremely comfortable - we loved the extra sitting area with a couch. Be careful ordering off the menu - it is worded very deceivingly and my friend ended up paying $16 for a 2-scoop ice cream sundae - and they refused to refund her money even though the menu was clearly worded wrong.

Our bathroom lightbulb burned out and housekeeping failed to change it even though we requested it.

There is no free breakfast...paid $18 with tip for an ok breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your room.

We are also sorry to learn you were disappointed in some other areas of your visit. Unfortunately, our area of town is located more than 15 miles away from airport and like most of the hotels in our area we do not provide transportation there. As for your concern about the menus, while all pricing is listed correctly, I will share your concerns with Sheraton corporate so they can consider it when redesigning their new menus layout.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

We originally booked this hotel because we planned to travel with our dog, and the hotel allowed pets (which is hard to find in Columbus without a huge fee). Because of hot weather, we decided to leave "the boy" at home, but did not change our reservation because of the high price of hotels in Columbus in general. Good decision! This hotel was perfect for a clean and comfortable one-night stop-over.

The hotel was packed with some sort of conference, but our room was extremely quiet. I don't think we saw or heard any of our neighbors even though the adjacent rooms appeared to be occupied. The only noise was a faint traffic noise from the highway, and the occasional sound of a nearby train, which did not bother us in the least.

The standard suites include a sitting room and bedroom, which are both small by themselves, but combine to make a decent size suite. The bathroom was spacious with a great strong shower. The bed was extremely comfortable and there were polyester-filled pillows in the closet (we're allergic to the standard feather pillows). Although the restaurant was crowded and unimpressive, there were lots of nearby choices for both dinner and breakfast.

I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to friends -- especially those with pets.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Hopefully it will be cooler next time you visit so you can bring your pet. It is always tough to leave them at home.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

The hotel is maybe a mile west of I71 and I270 in North Columbus, maybe 10 minutes away from Ohio State University. It is a clean facility, the rooms nice and updated. Very close by are maybe 10 restaurants, from Chipotle's up to Ruth's Chris, so you are all set for food. Easy access to Polaris Mall and downtown (route 315 is right there a half mile away).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

First off when I had called in regards to this location I was assured it was on the 23 side near Chillicothe, NO it wasn't, not even close. I had also requested a high level floor during that call and upon arrival nothing was available, I got the 3rd floor. When I went up to my room the room smelled musty and the toilet had been used in the bathroom. That was disguisting. I immediately went down to the front desk to explain and show the picture that I took and they acted like it was no big deal. They did send housekeeping up when me and my son went to the pool, in which was cold. The next day I requested to speak to management and was told they were in their morning meeting, the desk agent took my information and complaint and said someone would be in contact, I explained I would be gone all day and she said no problem they would leave a message. I returned around 11p that night (Thursday) and no messages, nothing. I requested again on Friday morning to speak with management and the same thing was told to me. Again upon returning to the hotel around 9pm nothing. At check out on Saturday I was asked if things were taken care of and if I was moved, (the gentleman there was the same who checked me in on Wed night) I said no it wasn't and I arrived back late on Thursday to change rooms. I used my SPG points for this stay and will NEVER do it again. This hotel was very unprofessional. A room is not clean when the toilet has been used!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank alaskaemt
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your earlier stay. Again, we want to apologize for the confusion you had with Starwood Reservations. Being located at exit 23 and route 23 we can see where there could have been confusing. As we discussed, we did speak to our housekeeping team regarding your room.

It was great speaking with you again after your follow-up visit this past weekend. We are glad to hear it was an enjoyable one and met your expectation. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Columbus.

Reviewed June 17, 2011

I found this hotel through Hotwire and got a great deal as well as a nice stay. I was a little concerned with highway noise due its proximity to I-270 but the room was quiet. The suite had a living area with sofa, flat screen television, desk, mini fridge, and microwave. There were french doors leading to the bedroom which had a flat screen television and a comfy king size bed.

The hotel staff I interacted with were all cheerful and friendly.

My only negative comment would be that the hallways on the room floors were not very well lit.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank prince81
cgroger, Manager at Sheraton Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2011

Thank you the feedback on your recent visit to Columbus. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!