Sheraton Suites Columbus
$164
$149
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrench doorsliving roomoutdoor poolfront deskclub floormovie theaterstarbucks coffeesleeping areabreakfast buffetflat screenking suitemini fridgestayed here for one nightpull out sofashort drivegreat roomhotel restaurant
Reviewed November 1, 2007

We rented two rooms for October 26 & 27 through Hotwire. I believe we paid $59 plus tax. The location was good. Lots of places to eat and a movie theater nearby. It is very close to 270 and 71. The bedroom area is small, but was fine for us. There are two TV's in the room. It think it would be crowded for more than two adults. There is a microwave, coffee pot and mini fridge. The pool was freezing but the hot tub was nice. We were the only ones in them. The exercise room looked good. There is a restaurant/bar, but it was way over priced and didn't look to busy. Staff was very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnieMichelle
Reviewed October 16, 2007

I came down on a Friday evening for a Blue Jackets game and a 10K race the following morning. This pleasant, business-oriented hotel is located in chain restaurant heaven - as is much of Columbus - about eight miles from downtown. Eat at The Winking Lizard, an institution in Ohio. It's nearly next door.
Check in was a snap. I booked the room on Priceline for the excellent price of $65, including all fees and taxes. The desk clerk was courteous and attentive, and provided me with directions to where I was going both that evening and the next morning.
True to its name, the room really was a suite, with cool windowed French doors separating the bedroom from the living room area. Everything was very clean. The kind-sized bed was sinfully comfortable, as were the sheets. You do get a little road noise, but nothing unbearable. The bathroom and the towels were fine, and the shower offered great water pressure.
Now, having said all that, if I had paid full price, I probably would have grumbled a bit, as rates can be about $159 per night, and I reckon that's true when The Buckeyes are playing at home as well. To start with, using the Internet costs money, as do local calls, which seems ridiculous at this level. I know a lot of business hotels charge, but it's still ridiculous. Second, the television was almost funny: a big, on-the-floor console Zenith that I haven't seen the likes of since my grandparents died. I had to laugh at that one. In addition, the room - though marked as non-smoking - still had that faint smell that tattled: someone, sometime, a smoker was there.
For the price that I paid, I was very happy. The bed alone, along with the staff and service, made me very pleased. But if I had to pay full price, I would have sucked it up and booked a Motel6 or Super 8, or if I had to pay full price, I probably would have gone elsewhere. But the point is, I didn't pay full price...and neither should you!

• Stayed: October 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kabbagehead