I came down on a Friday evening for a Blue Jackets game and a 10K race the following morning. This pleasant, business-oriented hotel is located in chain restaurant heaven - as is much of Columbus - about eight miles from downtown. Eat at The Winking Lizard, an institution in Ohio. It's nearly next door.
Check in was a snap. I booked the room on Priceline for the excellent price of $65, including all fees and taxes. The desk clerk was courteous and attentive, and provided me with directions to where I was going both that evening and the next morning.
True to its name, the room really was a suite, with cool windowed French doors separating the bedroom from the living room area. Everything was very clean. The kind-sized bed was sinfully comfortable, as were the sheets. You do get a little road noise, but nothing unbearable. The bathroom and the towels were fine, and the shower offered great water pressure.
Now, having said all that, if I had paid full price, I probably would have grumbled a bit, as rates can be about $159 per night, and I reckon that's true when The Buckeyes are playing at home as well. To start with, using the Internet costs money, as do local calls, which seems ridiculous at this level. I know a lot of business hotels charge, but it's still ridiculous. Second, the television was almost funny: a big, on-the-floor console Zenith that I haven't seen the likes of since my grandparents died. I had to laugh at that one. In addition, the room - though marked as non-smoking - still had that faint smell that tattled: someone, sometime, a smoker was there.
For the price that I paid, I was very happy. The bed alone, along with the staff and service, made me very pleased. But if I had to pay full price, I would have sucked it up and booked a Motel6 or Super 8, or if I had to pay full price, I probably would have gone elsewhere. But the point is, I didn't pay full price...and neither should you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Suites Columbus is close to Columbus International Airport, off Interstate 270 and Route 23, and attractions such as the #1 rated Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, COSI, and the Ohio Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Suites Columbus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Sheraton Columbus Hotel
- Columbus Sheraton
- Sheraton Suites Columbus Ohio