“Aweful experience, do not stay at this hotel!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Airport Columbus East
Ranked #119 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Greenfield, Indiana
“Aweful experience, do not stay at this hotel!”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Poor customer service, actually aweful! The worst hotel experience I've ever had and we travel a lot for travel soft ball. Do Not Stay Here! This hotel is after one thing and that is your hard earned dollar. Rude and very unprofession! Poor room, poor ac and appliances, poor management, there is nothing positive to say about this place. Our refrigerator leaked all over the floor all weekend. Beds were dirty, carpet was dirty, rooms smelled bad.

Room Tip: Do not stay here, horrible experience.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sewickley
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Someone needs to take a power washer to the outside of the buildings and then repair or replace the stairs that are broken, loose or in need or replacement.

The room itself needs new furniture or to have the existing furniture steam cleaned or reupholstered. The bathroom was dirty and the tub needed a good scrubbing. Also two towels is not enough.

There was no hot food when we got to the breakfast room and little desire to make any by the staff although it is included in the price.

The pool and the spa were also covered and closed during our time there. Temperature outside was 85, so not sure why.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Woodbridge
Reviewed September 5, 2013

First let me say that hawthorn Suites is our personal choice. We booked this room through Hotel.Com, when we arrived at the Hotel the front desk lady informed us that our room was unavailable since the Hotel had over booked. We were then given a replacement room with a King Size bed however, that room was not available due to overbooking. We travel TO Columbus, Ohio from Woodbridge, VA, we were tired, the desk clerk then gave us another room, the so-called Pent House. Well when we got to the room, the door was almost impossible to open, and even more difficult to close. The rooms walls were dirty and needed washing down, the curtains at the window were wrinkled beyond belief and the sheers inside the window was torn. There were no towels, the T.V. in the front room had a very bad picture and only got four channels, the down stairs bedroom's T.V. was just thrown on the wall a safety hazard. The upstairs or Loft T.V. was removed before we arrived and the space it came from was left open, just plain unsightly. We could not leave the Hotel as we want to do, because everything was booked up because of an Ohio State Football Game and other events in the city. This stay should be refunded, or something done, the Hotel I am told is privately owned, the owner needs to significantly improve the Hotel to bring it up to Hawthorn standards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Akron, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We arrived at this hotel after making a reservation through a 3rd party. It was 12:30 AM. I had my confirmation number, the "clerk" told me, you shoulda made your reservation direct wit da hotel, we ain't got no rooms". I was concerned about the hotel immediately upon my arrival, the entrance to the "lobby" was not accessible without being buzzed in from the desk, even another patron couldn't let me in from the inside. It's probably better I didn't stay there, I was only there for the accommodations, I wasn't looking for any other business opportunities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have never written a hotel review before and did not plan on doing it this time until my surprise after our stay. To start off with the hotel has no rollaway beds and no ice machines. Two trips to the front desk followed. One for bedding for the pullout coach which I finally received after explaining three times to the front desk that it was not in the room. The next trip was for bath towels since only two were supplied and there are four of us. This would not have prompted my bad review. The worst was yet to come when I found a $250 charge on my credit card. I called the hotel and was told when housekeeping went in the room after we checked out they smelled cigarette smoke. I explained to the gentleman that my wife and I do not smoke, nor do my eight or ten year old. I also explained to him there were many people smoking outside the rooms the night before along with many cigarette butts laying on the ground. It did not matter. The GM was out of town so I could not speak with him. Next came phone calls to Expedia, Hawthorn corporate offices and my credit card company. Save yourself alot of aggravation and stay somewhere else

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ROBERT F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Columbus North
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#48 of 143 in Columbus
Best Western Executive Suites - Columbus East

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Airport Columbus East? Share your experiences!