“Just ok, don't expect too much” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
Ranked #27 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
ohio
“Just ok, don't expect too much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

We stayed here due to the closeness of the Shottenstien Center/concert. We really wanted to be able to walk to the concert, which we were able to, but the front desk was very sketchy on even how to get there where there was a sidewalk. Most everyone staying there this night had the same plan, it was for the Justin Bieber concert, so I would have expected them to even have maybe a small map for people. We did finally get some correct directions from the manager I believe, but it was much longer walk than the route we took home(by chance). The hotel is very old and marginally clean. Beds were not very comfortable and only one ice machine was working for the whole hotel, so if you didn't catch it at the right time, you just didn't get any ice. No frig's in room. Doubt I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank scootch713

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Huntington, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

We were in town for the Justin Bieber concert and wanted to stay close to the concert. As soon as we opened the door the smell would almost suffocate you, the carpet looked dirty, the whole place just gave me the creeps. Definitely a waste of $97

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jgwhite
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

The staff was very nice and courteous. Everything needed was in the room and convenient. Location was great for me only had to drive about a mile away from my conference.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in a room with my sister when we visited the area for my brother's graduation from OSU. The location of the hotel is great but that was basically the only positive. I wasn't expecting the hotel to be fancy but I was expecting it to be clean and I was disappointed. Upon entering our room for the first time my sister found a dirty men's sock on the floor. Needless to say, I assume this means the carpet was not vacuumed between guests and it doesn't seem the housekeeping staff was very thorough. When I pulled back my blankets to get in bed I also found a tiny little worm wiggling around in my sheets. That's right, there was A WORM IN MY BED! I even took a video of it with my cell phone because I was in such disbelief. It was disgusting.

The next day when the housekeeping staff cleaned our room they left the comforters crumpled up on the floor rather than put them back on the beds when they made them and they must have let a gigantic fly in because we had to get rid of one upon returning to the room. At least there were no worms in my bed the second night (that I saw).

Overall I would say this hotel is conveniently located but absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank ellastar99
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

I work at the University and at the time, I was driving an hour back and forth for work. During a snowstorm, I was able to stay at OSU Red Roof Inn on short notice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and clean. Excellant stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
East Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2009

I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before, but I found this one to be comparable (and smaller) than other 2 star motels like Sleep Inn, Days Inn. The lobby is sparsely furnished, with a GREAT coffee/cappuccino machine. The staff were pleasant and professional. The doors to the rooms are located outside, motel-style. The neighborhood seemed safe though even though it says on the inside of the door to lock both deadbolt and regular locks. When I walked in, I was surprised by how small the room was. I got the room with the one King size bed. If you want something bigger, I would suggest requesting 2 Double beds since there was no way 2 doubles could fit into my room. The water pressure was on the milder side and the bathroom light was linked to the loud fan so you couldn't turn on one without the other.

It was HOT the entire night since the automatic radiator was on and it kept on making clinking noises throughout the night. I had to turn on the A/C even though it was 20 degrees outside..such a waste of energy. I didn't notice that the bed was extraordinarily comfortable but the sheets were clean with a thin blanket (not down).

I was surprised also to find a 20% tax on my bill, from county to state to city tax. I would not stay here for leisure. Red Roof Inn was simple and did its job but did not have any of the extra amenities or comfort that a higher starred hotel would have. Be aware of what you pay for!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank lilikoi01
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2009

I stay fairly frequently at this hotel since my son is attending OSU. Usually I am there when there is a game or school event and the hotel is booked full. Even under the strain of a full house it's a pleasant experience; but it was even more so when the hotel was not full.
Front desk is very helpful, rooms comfortable and you can't beat the price or location to OSU.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo