Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
Ranked #34 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a relative at the PSU Medical Center and the associate that checked us in and took car of us was wonderful. Hi name is Jacob Power. He was extremely helpful and nice. The room was nice and clean. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at The Red Roof Inn OSU . Jacob is a great asset to my team and I will make sure to let him know how helpful he was. Thanks again for letting us know and hopefully we will see you the next time your in the area.
Thanks
Stepahnie

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for the price and location and hoped for . e best. We were very pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness, size and staff. The check-in was pleasant and she even recommended a few good restaura. s in the area. She also offered us extra towels, which was great since most hotels skimp on towels.
The room was clean and had everything needed for a nights stay. Nice flat screen tv and clean bed linens. Location was great and easy to get to. Several restaurants within walking distance and a gas station also. There is a super cute Buckeyes store next door!
Now that we've found this place, we probably won't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank You for taking the time to let me know how your stay was. I’m so pleased to hear that we were able to exceed you expectations. I look forward to see you the next time you are in the area. I’m very happy to hear that we are the place you will be staying at when you are in Columbus, OH.
Thanks Again,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I booked a room here while in town for business. I chose the property because of price and location hoping for the best. At arrival to check in we were greeted by the front desk staff Caitlin and another gentleman that I regret forgetting his name to give him recognition. They both were very helpful and informative. The experience was so pleasant that we plan on booking our future trips here. The rooms were very clean and the location is great. The manager Steph is great. She took the time to advise us on future stays. I have stayed in several hotels and by far this property shines in customer service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

I want to Thank You for taking time to let us know how we are doing. Caitlin is a asset to my team and I'm pleased to hear she provided you with great customer service. Thanks Again and I look forward to working with and your Wife over the next couple of week well you are in the area.
Steph

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were on the road for a week from St Louis to Niagra Falls and back. This was one of 5 hotels we stayed in and was by far the best value. Our room was clean, hotel is in a good part of town. Staff was great. We paid higher prices elsewhere for much less space and overall quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

I want to Thank You, for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU Campus. I'm so glad we were able to meet you needs and be one of your top places when you were traveling. I hope to see you next time you are in the area.
Thanks again for the positive feedback.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was surprised by the size and quality of the rooms here. My friend and I stayed here in the middle of a long cross country road trip, and we were really just looking for a halfway decent place to stay for about 8 hours. I would stay here again if I was in the area, it is in a pretty good location as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad that we were able to meet your needs. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Steph

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Read the stellar reviews and was expecting something more from a hotel ranked #18 in Columbus. Not a bad place, but very basic and par for the course in a Red Roof Inn and similar to a place you would find on a highway.
Pros: Dog friendly (free!): some green area to walk dog: close to OSU and High Street; room was clean but a tad small; refrigerator in room.
Cons: Slight moldy smell; AC was loud and clangy; TV channel selection was limited and very basic (No MSNBC! c'mon!).
All in all we had a good experience, but would probably skip next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I want to Thank You for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU Campus. I’m sorry that we feel short on your expectations. I was wondering if you could email me at i0121@redroof.com so that I can find out room you were in so that I can make sure to fix the cons that you listed in your review so that others don’t have that issues. I do want to thank you again for your feedback and maybe you will give us another try when you are in the area. If I can be of assistance next time you are in the area please let me know.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I don't have a problem with the actual "Dates I Stayed" at the hotel. I DO however, have a problem with how the staff handled my "reservation". I reserved my room about 8 or 9 days in advance & used my credit card and Driver's License to do so.

I spent the next week, looking frantically ALL OVER my house, my car, etc for my Driver's License thinking I misplaced it. Low & behold, when I got to the desk to check in, the lady said: "Oh & here's your license". NEVER ONCE did ANYONE try to call me at the phone number I left on file to tell me I had left my license at the hotel

Room Tip: If you reserve a room in advance, make sure you walk out of the hotel WITH your license. If you for...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

I want to Thank You for taking the time out to let me know how your stay was. I want to start by apologizing for the inconvenience that you experienced when making your reservations. I was not aware that had occurred and I do agree it was not handled correctly. I will be making sure to communicate with my staff the importance of trying to get a hold of the guest if something of nature is forgot to be given back. I would appreciate if you could email me at i0121@redroof.com so that I can discuss you stay farther. We do strive for excellent customer service and I’m very sorry we fell short on delivering this to you well encounter my Front Desk Staff. Thanks again for your feedback and I really hope you give us a second chance.

Thanks