“3 out of 5 Because Of Pre Service Actually.....”

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
Ranked #30 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“3 out of 5 Because Of Pre Service Actually.....”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I don't have a problem with the actual "Dates I Stayed" at the hotel. I DO however, have a problem with how the staff handled my "reservation". I reserved my room about 8 or 9 days in advance & used my credit card and Driver's License to do so.

I spent the next week, looking frantically ALL OVER my house, my car, etc for my Driver's License thinking I misplaced it. Low & behold, when I got to the desk to check in, the lady said: "Oh & here's your license". NEVER ONCE did ANYONE try to call me at the phone number I left on file to tell me I had left my license at the hotel

Room Tip: If you reserve a room in advance, make sure you walk out of the hotel WITH your license. If you for...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
I want to Thank You for taking the time out to let me know how your stay was. I want to start by apologizing for the inconvenience that you experienced when making your reservations. I was not aware that had occurred and I do agree it was not handled correctly. I will be making sure to communicate with my staff the importance of trying to get a hold of the guest if something of nature is forgot to be given back. I would appreciate if you could email me at i0121@redroof.com so that I can discuss you stay farther. We do strive for excellent customer service and I’m very sorry we fell short on delivering this to you well encounter my Front Desk Staff. Thanks again for your feedback and I really hope you give us a second chance.

Stephanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Whitesville, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was very pleased with the cleaniness of the room. The staff especially Caitlin was very professional and helpful. She answered all our questions about the area and gave us advice on local places to eat. She was very polite and well informed and therefore able to be of a great service to us. Give this girl a raise!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and there was little to no active after 11pm. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I want to Thank You for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU Campus. I’m so pleased to hear that Caitlin was so helpful, she is an asset to my team and the Company. I will make sure to let her know that she impact your stay in such a positive way.

Salem, Ohio
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My sister, her boyfriend and I needed a cheap-ish place to stay when returning from a concert at the LC. I found the staff incredibly nice and the rooms were clean and cool - after a few hours in the sun, it felt good to come back to the AC. I would stay here again in a minute!

Room Tip: The King Bed rooms are large and the beds are comfy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof OSU Campus. I'm so glad that we were able meet your needs, well staying here. Hopefully we will see you the next time your in the area.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

So. The red roof in is whatever when it comes to to rooms and amenities. Kind of a you get what you pay for scenario. What really made this place special was how cool and helpful the front desk employees were. Usually you get some person that you won't even remember two minutes later that coldly runs through the soulless front procedure and that's that. Caitlin & Jacob make the other front desk hotel workers in the world look like dead corpses like weekend at Bernie's. they had so much personality, they were extremely helpful, and we decided to extend our stay even though we found cheaper deals elsewhere. That red roof inn is magically & its the only hotel ill go to now in Columbus, Ohio. And this is coming from someone that doesn't usually care about this kind of stuff. :)

• Stayed July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to let me know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU campus. I’m so please that Caitlin and Jacob did such a great job. They are an asset to my team; I let them know that you were so please. Thank you again for taking the time to leave such a positive comment.
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The only drawback to this hotel is that the rooms are dated and depressing. But who cares, because the grounds are beautifully kept, and the location--walking distance to a grocery store and places to eat--is amazing. I brought my bike and my dog, because we a couple blocks south of the beautiful, shady Olentangy River trail. This trail starts off behind the cemetary, and it starts off with some Wetlands "of national importance"--definitely worth a walk-through to see the egrets and other wildlife. Go to the right on the trail, and you're on your way to OSU. In the other direction, the trail crosses the river, and my dog and I enjoyed a swim. What a great location!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I'm sorry to hear about the rooms not being up to date. We are currently working on getting a remodel so hopefully that will occur in the near future. I'm glad the rest of your stay was positive and thank you for the positive comments about the landscaping. I hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Fridge and microwave as typical Red Roof Inn. Nice working space. Large safe deposit box, which is big enough to keep laptop computer.
After the renovation the room will be with wooden floor. The manager was very enthusiastic to make this hotel great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. We are hoping in the up coming months to have a renovation to make us a better property. I was glad that we were able to accomadate you well you were in the area.

Stepahnie
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had a great stay at the Red Roof Inn. My party stayed for the weekend and everyone of the staff was great. The maintenance man "Mike" is the reason the stay was great. Hes was very helpful all weekend by giving me advice on where to eat, shop, and just general friendliness. Every time I saw him he took the time to stop and ask If I needed anything. There is normally much that set the budget hotels apart form each other but In this case he is the reason why me and my party will be staying at this hotel next year.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let me know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU Campus. I’m very pleased to read that Mike was such a help to you well you were on property. He is a assist to my team and it’s nice to see that other people notice that. Thank you again and I hope to see you the next time you’re in the area.
Steph