“Very Passionate People, Very Clean rooms!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
Ranked #36 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn on campus near the OSU hospital. It was a very pleasant surprise for me. I thought it might be a little rough, given that it had all the doors on the outside of building. I went and in was greatly by a very friendly face, I believe her name was Stephanie. I was early but it had been a long day and I was hoping they would have a room and let me check in. The girl on the other side of the counter said if I have one clean it’s all yours. So she started to check me in, there computer system was running slow so she asked me why I was there and if I needed assistance with anything. I had come in because my husband needed Emergency surgery, the desk girl was just great she let me know that there was availability thru the weekend and she would do her best to hold my rate since she understood this was not planned. I took my keys and went to my room, when I opened the door I was pleasantly surprised. The room smelled great, everything was cleaned. I needed to take a shower and nap before returning to the hospital. The beds were so comfortable and the pressure of the shower is great. Did I mention that any kind of food you want is pretty much in walking distance? This is a great place and I will be back when my husband comes down for treatment.

Room Tip: No Breakfast, but coffee makers in the rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love_Life519
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at the Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad I was able to make your stay in Columbus a little easier. I hope everything worked out well with your husband. I hope to see you the next time you are in the area. If I can assist you the next time you are in the area please let me know.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

There was nothing at all fancy about this hotel - no special amenities - but it was clean, comfortable and staff was friendly and helpful. Since I was just stopping over on my way to Pennsylvania, it was perfect. The only caution I would have is that I was there on a Monday night and it was really quiet, but being a university location (and very close), it could be rowdy on the weekend (but I don't know that from experience, just something to keep in mind).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MoonKat3
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay at Red Roof Inn OSU was. I’m glad that we were able to meet your needs well you were staying here. It is a usually a very quiet location and my staff works hard to make sure that it stays that way during the busy nights as well. Hopefully we will see you the next time you are in the area.
Thanks,

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had to trailer our horse down to OSU Veterinary Hosital for an issue with his eye. He was undergoing surgery and needed to stay overnight. We have dogs and weren't able to get a pet sitter so we had to bring them along with us. Red Roof Inn allows pets. We were thrilled to find a Hotel so close to OSU and pet friendly. The staff was great in assisting us. The room was wonderful (nice and clean). They also gave us a discount because we were at OSU Veterinary Hospital. Red Roof really helped make a scary situation a lot less stressful.
We were very pleased and would use them anytime we're in the Columbus area.

P.S. In case your wondering about our horse - he is doing just great.

Room Tip: If you can - call ahead for a reservation. The college sometimes has events that can fill rooms fas...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Eileen R
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. I’m so pleased that we were able to accommodate your needs when you were in the area. Pets are family too, so I’m glad you could bring them along. I’m sorry to hear about the reason for the visit but I’m glad the horse is doing well. Hopefully you can stay next time you are in the area and get to do something more pleasant and not so stressful. Thanks again for your review :) I'm glad to hear the horse is doing well OSU Vet. is one of the best.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Excellent customer service with check-in and out, especially Stephanie. Price was good for the area when booking online ahead of time. Hotel was sold out for the night due to a concert. Great location for Schoettinstein Center. Our room was located on the 3rd floor. Good pressure and hot water availability. No odors. Now for the bad stuff-The ceiling had 2 areas where it was drooping down. There was a dirty washcloth hanging on the rod over the shower curtain when we initially walked in. The wall light covers had been painted over and the paint was peeling off. The heater made an awful clicking noise all night. The walls between the rooms did not barrier sound from other rooms very well. (We could here the people next door talking with much clarity and they were not even being very loud.) The noise from the street was also very bothersome...Noise flowed in like our door had been left open. When doing my usual bed bug check, I noticed the mattress was dated from March, 1996-17 years old? I did not notice any buggies at that time, however, my sister found 3 bed bugs on her the next morning after we had checked out and while having breakfast. (As a nurse, I know what bed bugs look like!) I called the hotel to report the bugs to the manager and they took the matter very seriously. They assured me that they would check the room and fumigate as needed. I always try to be fair and be optimistic when grading hotels and as I said earlier, they had great customer service and followup but I don't think I'll stay there again. Sorry, Red Roof.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your stay at our inn. I’m pleased that we were able to provide you with excellent customer service. I do want to apologize for the room not meeting your expectations as far cleanliness. I also wanted to let you know that this location will be going thru a renovation soon and I hope that you give us another chance after it is completed. I wanted to let you know that the room was inspected by our outside vendor and fully passed their inspection. I do want to thank you for bringing your concerns up to myself and my team so that we can make improvements.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have been staying at this Red Roof for the past 10 years. The rooms are always clean, staff is exceptional and it is in a great location by OSU. Whenever we have stayed there the staff have been excellent. Team member Mike was in the office when I went in to ask for clean linens before I left for the wrestling tournament. I was told it would take a few minutes. Team member Mike offered to deliver them to the room so that I could leave. When I returned everything was in the room. Awesome!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gunather50
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

I want to take a moment to Thank You for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU. I’m glad we were able to give you everything you needed well staying here. Mike is truly an asset to my team and I will let him know he help make your stay positive. I hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My family and I stayed one night for my sister's graduation. The room was clean and inexpensive. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. And the hotel was conveniently located right off 315 with several restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance. I'd stay there again. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank CassieJo1971
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for letting us know how your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU location. Congratulations on your sister’s graduation, I’m glad we were able to meet your needs well you were staying in the area. I hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed here several times while attending meetings in the area. The rooms are more than adequate, the location can't be beat, and the staff is outstanding. Pam is particularly amazing. She's friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient. I haven't had a bad experience here yet and am sure I'll stay here in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at Red Roof Inn OSU. Pam is a great team member and I’m very lucky to have her on my staff. I’m glad that we can meet your needs when you are in the area. I hope to see you next time you are in Columbus.
Steph