New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
Ranked #26 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Warren, Ohio
“Great customer service with Caitlin! Thank You!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed numerous times at this property during OSU football season and it is my favorite hotel near campus. Each time everyone has been pleasant and very helpful. Recently, I had to make some changes to my reservation and Caitlin was more than helpful, pleasant, and informational. She put my planning worries to ease! She is just one more reason I will keep making Red Roof Inn-OSU my number one choice. :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer S
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was at Red Roof Inn OSU. Caitlin is an asset to my team and to the company. I will let her know that she helped you out well you were here. Thank you again for the feedback and hopefully we will see you next time you are in the area.

Steph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Round Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had a client of mine staying at this hotel and everytime I spoke to Pam, she was very helpful and kind. It is a pleasure to have someone like Pam working for you!!!! She would always go up and above when I needed her help. In this industry, it is always a pleasure to work with someone who cares about what they are doing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Susan h
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to let us know how we are doing at the Red Roof Inn OSU. Pam is a very big asset to my team and to the company. I will pass along your positive comments to here. Thank you again, we look forward to helping you with future stays.
Xenia, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was staying here for a business training and stayed on October 28,2012 in room 214.The location of the hotel to where I needed to be was wonderful and the surrounding area was great as well. My only concern was in regards to the room I stayed in. The room itself looked clean and kept up but on the sides of the mattresses there were large stains that looked like dried blood or something red so that wasnt very appealing to sleep on even though there were covers on it. Also on the wall by the mirror there was something that looked like blood or juice that looked as if it was thrown there. The attendants were very welcoming and their service was awesome. Im not one to complain actually just the opposite but I believe that the mattresses should be dealt with especially with the bed bug concerns.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Judy P
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
I want to thank you taking the time out of your day to let us know about your stay at the Red Roof Inn Columbus OSU. I do want to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced due the cleanliness of the room. I have written down the concerns and appreciate you giving the room number so that I can have my maintenance person take care of the issues. I will also make sure to bring this up with my Housekeeping staff to make sure they are more attentive to details in the room. That is not a normal practice with my staff and I do hope you give us a second chance next time you are in the area so we can leave with you a better impression. Thank you again for your time your feedback is important to me and my staff so that I can make improvements on my property.
Thanks Again,
Steph
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

we always stay at the red roof on olentangy rd for ohio state games. very near stadium. mike is our go to guy when we are there. he looks out for anyone who stays there! he will also assist you if you want to use the parking lot for parking even if you're not staying there. ask for mike rutherford, he's a real asset to red roof!

Room Tip: always ask for rooms in advance, we ask for business kings.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank steveinmo
Thank you for taking the time for letting me know how great your stay was at the Red Roof Inn OSU location. Mike is a very big asset to my property and to the company. I will make sure I let him know that his efforts are appreciated. Thanks for your time and we hope to see you on your next trip to the area.
Thanks,
Cadiz, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The accommidations are great at this location. We are season ticket holders and stay at the Red Roof every home game we attend. Mike Rutherford is especially the best employee that we have had the opportunity to build a freindship with and the maintenance is great. One example we were staying and my phone had fallen into a gutter type space on the second floor it was very late at night and the staff at the front desk had helped me as much s possible but first thing in the morning Mike had brought my phone to me. Never have we had so much personal attention from any of the other hotels we had stayed at in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time out to let me know how your stay with us was. I’m very lucky to have such a great Maintenance person. I will make sure to let him know how much you appreciated him helping you out. We look forward to seeing you next game, Go Bucks!!!!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

my friends and I were stranded near the stadium and walked to Red Roof Inn we weren't even guests. When we asked Caitlin for help she immediately tried to help us get a taxi to Worthington, even though we weren't Red Roof Inn customers. She went above and beyond and I really hope her manager reads this so they know what an amazing employee they have.

• Stayed October 2012
      Cleanliness
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time out of your day to let me know how great Caitlin is. I will make sure to let her know that you were pleased with her. Hopefully we will see you as a customer next time you are in the area.
Saint Louis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have stayed here three times on business--once about 15 years ago and twice in the past year. I had a minor inconvenience on one trip and management made it right for me. Pam stands out in my memory as very courteous and helpful. On one trip I needed a bit of extra time for checkout and that was granted.

It is economical and close enough to downtown to make it worth the drive to get the savings as compared to the down town hotels.

One thing to be alert to is the Saturday OSU football games. Plan your day or you will spend extra time driving around and getting back to the hotel.

Room Tip: The wi-fi worked on a less than ideal basis in my room (135) but right outside on the picnic table t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was. Pam is truly an asset to my team and I appreciate you letting me know how well she did. I just wanted to let you know we have recently updated the WIFI in the last few days, so this should help with your next visit. Hopefully we will see you next visit.