“Good Hotel, Good Location.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
Ranked #31 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here on business July 23-26 2012. The hotel was ran by a nice lady who worked quickly to get me situated even though I came before check-in time. The rooms were pretty clean and always well stocked with the essentials. Very cheap, great value. You're right next to OSU. You can walk to a couple good bars and restaurants from the hotel. (and I don't mean the Applebee's and McDonald's. :) ) Despite its motel design with outdoor facing rooms, I was never bothered by noise. Great A/C. Could use more TV channels.

Room Tip: My room was south facing and quiet. The north side faces a drive-thru, so it might not be.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
RedRoof121, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I’m very pleased that we were able to accommodate you, with an early check in. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I want to personally thank the staff at Red Roof Inn(OSU), courteous, efficient, and very friendly & helpful...one particular desk clerk, first name Pam was a sweetheart, she gave us personal attention and made our stay one of the best we have had...look forward to going back, and especially seeing Pam again!!! Thank you!!! A Proud Buckeye

Room Tip: loved the King supreme!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ladybuckeye83
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to let my staff and myself know how we are doing. I will be letting Pam know that she really made a difference in your stay at the OSU Red Roof Inn. We look forward to seeing your next visit to the area.
Stephanie Jones

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We called around and chose this hotel because it was close to the university and had a reasonable price. The staff was helpful and so nice. Our room was spacious, big enough to accommodate four people. The beds were comfy as were the sheets. We enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay at the OSU Red Roof Inn. It makes me very pleased to know that my staff was helpful to you well you were staying at the location. We hope you stop back if you are ever in the area again.
Steph

Reviewed July 15, 2012

On Friday, June 29th, the Columbus area was hit with extremely severe thunderstorms and winds up to 85 miles an hour. Power was knocked out to numerous areas for as long as eight to ten days. I came to the hotel after 10:30 that night when I got home from work and saw that the power was off. Dana was all alone at the desk that night and dozens of customers were needing a place to stay. She never lost her temper with anybody at all. She gave me a room that night because she figured out that I had walked several miles to find a place to stay for the weekend. I can't drive and the buses had stopped for the night. She was absolutely wonderful to me, giving me somebody else's room when that person had not shown up for their reservation. Dana deserves to have the best recogniton that the company can give her. A week later, when my power still hadn't come back I had to come and stay for one more night and Dana was there to do her best to help me out. Thanks for being there fro me when I really had a serious need.

Room Tip: Take your room keys with you when you leave.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

I’m extremely pleased to hear that Dana was of great help to you, in your time of need. I will did let her know that you were extremely pleased with her. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. It’s great to know we were able to accommodate you doing your emergency.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I arrived at an inconvenient hour, but was welcomed and treated graciously by Caitlin. When she heard me cough from asthma, she made sure I was in a room not even next to a smoking room. Motel grounds clean and well kept. Location very convenient to OSU. Bed plain and firm but new looking. Not perfect, but extremely good value for the Priceline price I paid, and they acted glad to have me for a customer even with the discount.

• Stayed: June 2012

I’m so glad we made you feel welcome that is very important to me. I will make sure to let Caitlin know that you made her stay very pleasant at the Red Roof Inn OSU. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing as a team. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed when attending a concert at the Schottenstein Center and the location was perfect. We walked over to Applebee's for lunch and walked to the concert. Hotel was clean and we had no issues.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
RedRoof121, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I hope you enjoyed the concert you attended. Hopefully we will see you next time around.

Thanks Again
Steph

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I've stayed at the Red Roof Inn, OSU location, many times in the past and returned again this week. The price can't be beat for the location. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The hotel is minutes from OSU. There are probably a hundred restaurants within a 10 minute drive. Shopping is close by. A grocery store is within a 1/4 mile. McDs, Applebees's and best of all Raisin Cane's is just beyond the parking lot. When you just need a place to sleep at night, after a full day at OSU or sightseeing or shopping, this place is perfect. This is not a four star hotel and does not pretend to be. Clean, convenient and priced right.

Room Tip: First floor can be noisy during football season.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family