Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus-The Ohio State University
  • Room Service
$164
$149
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskohio statepremium roomroom was cleanhardwood floorsschottenstein centerwalking distancestay there againnon smokingparking lotpamosumotelkrogercampussurgerybuckeye
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Not fancy but close to major activities. Rooms average and clean,basic economy hotel with nothing special. Courteous staff that was a plus and they were there for any needs. Non-smoking room smelled like it was not always a non-smoking room but was clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2011

In covering the 2011 Big Ten Tournament in Columbus, Ohio, I had the opportunity to stay at the Red Roof Inn on the campus of Ohio State University. It was an enjoyable stay and I have no real complaints about the hotel. Despite being skeptical of the value Red Roof Inn chain, the hotel actually was decent. Both of the beds in the room were clean and made for a decent night of sleep. The bathroom was fairly small but was large enough to do what a traveler needs to do. The room has free high-speed internet, allowing travelers to get work done in the room. The hotel is close to the highway to get to downtown Columbus and also is located near several restaurants with convenient hours for most people. Overall, the stay was decent and I would stay again if I had to.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank DillonDavis
Reviewed July 8, 2011

where to begin. ok lets start with the first room they gave us the room was way beyond nastythe floors were very dirty and the toilet had crap in it yes i mean human crap. I figured i would just flush it and it would be ok well that didn't work the toilet almost overflowed and it stunk so bad, so we got moved to another room the draw was broken and the a/c had ice on it. I called the front desk the guy came up and looked at it and said we will credit you $10.00 and give you another room. the 3rd room was ok if u like Pizza Hut wings, pasta and pizz under your bed dated 7/1/11. where they had patched a hole before it was cracking really bad and the chips was falling on the floor. I was told i would be credited another $10 bucks to my card may stay was July 5 2011. i STILL HAVE YET TO GET MY MONEY THEY PROMISED!!!!!! This place is more for College kids OR people who don't care about clean rooms. P.S I use to work in house keeping and if my girls ever left a room that dirty they would be wrote up and made to go back and clean it. I have won the White glove award 4 times for how clean my rooms were no dust not dust not trash.

Room Tip: go futher North for better rooms such as near the airport.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank justtammy
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The location of this motel is convenient for events at Ohio State University. Otherwise, there is little to recommend it, except the reasonable price. Service was adequate, though no one went out of their way much. The room amenities were the bare essentials judging by today's standards. I had to ask for soap on the second morning, as none was left. The room had a very musty smell, perhaps because previous patrons had smoked in it, or maybe from some other source. When I noted this to the clerk at the desk, she said that the staff would spray the room to overlay the place with a good smell. No change was noted by us on our return, which may be just as well since it might not have been all that advisable to breath in whatever would have been sprayed. When we returned home, we had to run out clothing through the laundry to eradicate the smell. Of course, a motel can't monitor guests to make sure they don't smoke, and this problem is not all their fault. But such was the case for us, anyway. Other rooms are probably free of the smell.
All in all, this is an uninteresting place that could be of use in a pinch. But I'd try for something else before booking here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2011

From the time we arrived on the property, our experience was wonderful! Our first personal contact was with the desk clerk named James whose treatment of us was gracious, helpful, and enthusiastic (at 1:00 in the morning after a 12 hour drive). Monica kept our room in order, even bringing us warm towels right out of the dryer. Our room was excellent, exceeding our expectations. Other staff members were always so friendly and willing to help. We were pleased to meet the general manager, Ken, who was professional and personable. We felt like he truly appreciated our being there.

Room Tip: Easily accessible to downtown sites.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business