“Rating zero of five”

Red Roof Inn Columbus West
Ranked #68 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Disgusting. Run down, shady, not professional staff, trash outside, stinks, dark rooms, old tv, only one blanket on the bed which was like a sheet and I guarantee it was dirty. I looked in my room before I decided to stay and I wanted to cry. It would have ruined my weekend vacation. Luckily the nice lady across the street at comfort inn saved a room for me when she got a cancellation. I'm sure I would have left red roof with a skin disease or lice or something. Horrible. I'd rather sleep in my car. Oh, then they charged me after the girl at the front desk said there would be no charge. And it was for 116 per night. I stayed at a hotel WAY nicer for half the price. They should be shut down.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed in January, 2013 for to visit some family in the area. Small cramped, interstate/highway room. Will spend more money and stay in a nicer place close by next go around.

Pros:
Near the interstate and downtown Columbus
Easy to find/get in and out of
Near lots of development

Cons:
Old
Extremely cramped rooms

Overall, I will spend the extra $30-40 and stay in a nicer place nearby (lots of hotels in close proximity). Service at the counter was very nice though.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I travel a lot and happened on this motel two months ago. The rooms are clean, the staff is friendly and the rates are great. This is not a 5 star hotel, it's a motel room for a stop along the highway. I've stayed in $100 rooms that don't feel as good. The staff here has it figured out. Freshness, cleanliness, neatness a friendly staff and a Hot Shower. Thats why I am here for a second time, I knew what to expect and I got it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was an okay hotel. Beds need new box springs. Needs to be remodeled. But for the price don't expect a 5 star. No breakfast but close to several restaurants. In a Good location. Movie theater,Walmart,Marshall's,and several others close by. Check out restaurant called PIADA. very good Italian fast food. Great price.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Checkin was quick and the Room 209 was nice but basic. No smell and the AC was running, keeping it cool. Internet was acceptable, though I got dropped a couple of times. Large counter and small bathroom with shower and tub. Every place you ever wanted to eat is within 5 minutes including a Perkins, IHOP, Wendy’s and McDonalds you can walk to. Wal Mart is nearby along with Arby’s and Cracker Barrel. Of course that also means massive traffic congestion! TV has 25 channels and the picture was very clear on the old tube type TV. The room was in good conditions, though one electrical outlet was missing the cover, so it would be dangerous to children. The AC worked great, but didn’t drain, so the room was humid, though cool. The room had a refrigerator, and they also added a microwave while I was there. I think all rooms just got upgraded with the refrigerator and microwave. The beds were thin and not that comfortable. During the weekend a group of young men were smoking and had their car radio playing loud rap music in the parking lot, but they finally left around 9pm. Room was about $65 which included an obscene 17% tax. I did not use the safe and they removed $1.50 from my bill on checkout. Overall, I was happy with my stay, and would probably stay here again, but because of the high taxes, I would strongly recommend avoiding any hotels in the Columbus area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
RaviGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbus West, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was not in charge of booking hotels for my recent trip to Ohio. Had I been in charge, this place never would have been on our itenerary, however... it was booked for 2 nights, which turned into 1 night after seeing the interior condition of the rooms.

I do give them credit for trying to maintain an "updated" appearance. The chairs, lamps, alarm clock, and countertops are modern, however underneath the surface is where it gets nasty. When I walked into my room there was a large black bug hanging out on the bathroom floor. As I looked closer at it I noticed several tiny black ants marching one by one in parade stance. Yuck! Being freaked out about being carried away by bugs in the middle of the night I cautiously sat down on the bed. Remember those commercials for beds where the husband and wife are smooshed up all together in the grand canyon of the middle of the mattress? I am convinced that the filming for that commerical was done in my hotel room. The beds were terrible, saggy, and had the grand canyon going down the middle of the mattress. It was when I was sitting on bed that I noticed the bed across from me had numerous disgusting stains on the uncovered box springs. Then I looked at the bed I was sitting on and also saw gross stains. Eeeewie!

The "ick" factor of this room paired with the questionable looking people hangng out on the upper balcony caused me to say there was no way I was staying another night here. The carpet also had several holes in it. I guess you get what you pay for and I am not one that would save $4.00 to risk being bit in the middle of the night by some kind of insect infestion.

For information sake for future travelers: I didn't hear a peep from my room all night. It was quiet- so that was a good thing. My room did have a mini fridge and a safe inside for a minimal charge extra per day. The doors open to the parking lot- no interior security. There is no pool or breakfast here. It is close to shopping and restaraunts and also other hotels, but the hotels along this exit seem to also have some lackluster reviews. We headed north to Dublin, Ohio for the next night stay and were very pleased with the neighborhood and accomodations we found there. I would NOT reccommend this hotel to anyone with kids or a squemish stomach for eeeewieness. If you are a tough traveler that can focus on the surface looks and not what is underneath and want to stay on a budget, this place might be for you. Please don't take your children or your wives here folks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry that we fail short of our goal to provide a clean comfortable room at a great price. I'm not here to make excuses, but please know this is not the norm. we are known for our great quality and service. I am going to share your comments with my employees and know we will make these changes immediately. I hope in the future you'll give us a second chance. please feel free to call me at this number directly next time your in town so I can personally assist you. 614-878-9245 ext 402

Truly