“very nice for the price”

Red Roof Inn Columbus West
Ranked #75 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The hotel was very simple, very nice, especially for the price. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank caroljoyj
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Columbus West

Reviewed June 3, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel from the first day till the last. We had a very comfortable room with all of the basic amenities. High speed internet was very good. Staff was friendly and very helpful with directions to area attractions. We will return with our family. Rates were very reasonably.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank NJackson309
Reviewed June 1, 2011

We arrived here on our 3rd leg of 4 day trip to NJ from Phoenix. We stayed here due to the good reviews. Well, the old addage comes into play...don't believe everything you read.

The first problem was that the room was on the second floor. No big deal to some, big deal to two people who have medical issues trying to drag luggage up the stairs. Ok..we got through it, only to find that the non-smoking room (with sign on the desk asking not to smoke) REEKED of cigarettes. We got another room with no problems, however, and the staff was friendly, helpful, and apologetic.

The room is standard. No fridge, no microwave. No bottles of shampoo, just a packet. I got more with the same amount of money in Springfield.

It was O.K. for one night, and that will be the last night we spend there. We will look elsewhere on our trip back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2011

Rooms were nice and clean. NO smell like some rooms can be. Perfect location. Staff was very friendly and cheerful people. Which I would like to say thank you to them.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Normally when traveling with my wife and son we stay at much nicer hotels with more amenities. I was traveling by myself to see friends and just wanted a place to sleep. I have been burned before staying at an inexpensive hotel the next exit down. I said to myself not to do it ever again. Since this hotel seemed to have decent reviews I took another chance. To paraphrase one of the reviews; this hotel is everything a cheap hotel is supposed to be, cheap, clean and safe.

I'm not really sure if any sort of breakfast was offered with the room since within walking distance was a Perkins restaurant that I ate at.

I rated the service in my review as average, since it was a basic hotel. By nature of the price the only service other than room cleaning was the front desk for check in. Those people were nice and polite.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MoparRob
Reviewed March 15, 2011

This was just a quick stop along my travels, just need a place to lay my head. I was greeted when I walked in the door to a older lady I believe her name was Joetta. What a warm and welcoming face to see on a Sat night after traveling all day. Joetta was extermely plesant and the rate was a good price espically when I was only going to be there for a some sleep and a shower. My room was a pleasant surpise, clean and very inviting. My check out the next moring was just as pleasant as my check, I was pleasantly surpised that I was asked how my nights stay was. I was offered to take some coffee on my way out the door and to have a safe drive.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 2, 2011

They always offer us a friendly greeting on arrival. Staff acknowledges when seeing us on the property by saying hello, a wave or a smile. On the last visit the manager, Stephanie even set up my computer for the free wi fi. Any request we make is handled quickly and efficiently.
They treat us as family whenever we stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple