“Disappointed.”

Ranked #23 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Coldwater, OH
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

For the price of the rooms, I feel that they should come w/a refrigerator & microwave. Also, we were there for 4 nights and had made some very minimal requests. We wanted 2 joining rooms and a 3rd room that was either next door or across the hall. None of that happened. Also, we requested 2 queen beds and were given a king bed. The reservations were made far in advance, so it should not have been a problem.

Room Tip: Be firm with requests, and double check to make sure you get what you want.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate the feedback as it allows us to ensure any items that do not meet our guests expectations are addressed immediately.

I can understand your frustration with expecting a fridge and microwave in the room and finding this is not built in to our guestrooms. As a Full Service Marriott, our guestrooms are not equipped with Fridges or Microwaves, but we do keep a number of refrigerators on hand that can be delivered to your room at anytime during your stay. We do also keep a microwave at the Front Desk and Restaurant for guest use. If you would prefer not to leave your room to utilize the microwaves; any one of our Staff members would be happy to assist in taking care of whatever needs to be heated and will deliver the item directly to your room.

In regards to your room assignment, I would love to get a little more information regarding how your reservation was made so we can find out where the breakdown occurred. Based on your request which was made in advance, it appears that this is something that should not have presented any problem whatsoever. I do apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way, and you can contact me directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com so I can ensure this is not an issue for you in the future.

Lucas Laidlaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Littleton, North Carolina
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our company used the hotel for business meetings and accommodations and we were very pleased. The staff was helpful, checked on our needs throughout our conference, and the rooms were great. We have business in the area and this will be our choice of hotel in the future

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind words regarding our Staff and Hotel. We really appreciate the positive feedback as that is how we are measured as a Hotel. I'm glad that we will have the opportunity to host you for future meetings. If there is any way I can be of service, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were guests at the Airport Marriott in Columbus, OH this past weekend due to our family reunion; therefore, we occupied the majority of the 1st floor including a hospitality suite. I must mention that I am quite disappointed with this hotel because I expected far better quality of service from the Marriott Hotels. Before disclosing my disappointment, please know that the hotel staff, (that we encountered), were professional, nice, and sincere. These attributes are the only reason that I am rating this hotel a 3; otherwise, I would give rate it a 1.

Here's my review:

(1) The room was comfortable and clean; however, we reserved a double bed in April, but was told this was "not granted" because "we don't have any." Mind you, we have 3 children including an infant and after driving 8 hours to Columbus, learning that our hotel reservations were not honored, upset us. The hotel staff offered no apology, but wanted to give us what we needed such as extra linens.

*Many of our family members had to wait a few hours for rooms because they were not ready. The front desk staff reported "we are over booked" as the rationale. This is an airport hotel who should be used to accommodating large parties!

(2) We asked for a "crib" for the room and received an old pack 'n play instead which was too big for the room & we were not placing our infant within this dated "crib." This meant that our infant needed to sleep with us in one king sized bed. Not to mention, the maintenance staff could not figure out how to assemble a pack 'n play!

(3) We searched the room for a breakfast menu because we wanted to order breakfast in the room the next morning. No menu could be found; therefore, I called the operator (bless her heart) and she read the menu to me over the telephone. We received our food which was terrible plus the order was incorrect. Furthermore, we ordered sausage links, took a bite, and it was drowning in grease (yuk)! Literally, you could turn the link over & grease just ran out of it onto paper (tasted like old Crisco). This cost the hotel money because I asked for my money back for the sausage which was granted. The waffles and pancakes were dry and terrible. I received a full refund back for my money for breakfast. Maybe we had bad Chefs this past weekend, but we did not eat at the Marriott again.

(4) We left our hotel room at noon, returned at 4pm, left again at 5pm, and returned at 10pm to discover that our room had not been cleaned. That was the "straw that broke the camel's back" for us and I called the management who personally came up to our room. The linens were on the floor, food from the morning was still within the room including coffee, and we had no clean towels, linens, toiletries, or the feeling of cleanliness upon entering the room. The management personally came to the room to speak with us and promised that we would receive linens promptly. This was another failed promise from the Marriott because although we did receive new linens, we had to ask the cleaning staff for them ourselves since we did not receive quick service. Not only did the cleaning service not clean our room, they did not clean our other family members rooms either and they plan to write complaints to the Marriott as well.

We are appreciative and gracious people and thanked the hotel staff that helped us for their hospitality. The esthetics of the hotel were pleasing to the eye such as the decor, but the cleaning staff needs a serious lecture regarding cleanliness. Would we stay at the Airport Marriott Columbus, OH again? NO

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate the positive remarks about our staff, but it seems there were many other challenges which contributed to an overall negative stay. For this I apologize because I can completely understand your frustration and please be assured this is not the standard of our Hotel.

If possible, I would like to correspond further so I can ensure this incident is resolved to your satisfaction. Please contact me directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com.

Fremont, California
Reviewed July 13, 2013

ALL staff was excellent( except check out lady) and very helpful! Room was nothing special, very small. Stuff splashed on tile in bathroom behind toilet. Shower very old and had mildew on grout in some areas. Also, mildew on shower curtain liner. Shower faucet was loose and you could see behind it, as it moved when you turned the water off and on.Glass in bathroom dirty and recovered. Everytime the neighbors let their door slam shut, out entire room/beds shook. Red material spots on comforter, appeared to be some type of food. Material ripped on the rooms chair. Even though your staff was excellent at check in and service was wonderful in the restaurant, will never return. Pointed out all of these things at checkout and was told "we will let maintenance know" If this had been a 75.00 per night room I'd understand but it was double that!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your recent visit to OSU. I appreciate you providing us with a review of our Hotel, and please be assured that the Housekeeping items you identified as well as your departure experience are unacceptable.

As a Marriott Hotel, we have very specific standards and procedures which are in place to prevent situations such as this, and I apologize that there was a breakdown in our system that allowed an incident like this to happen.

Please contact me directly at lucas.laidlaw@marriott.com so I can ensure this is resolved to your satisfaction.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I travel to Columbus frequently and have stayed at this hotel several time. The hotel is located very close to Eason, Downtown and various major corporations. The service at this hotel is very good. The food is also good. It has little older look. I think Marriott should renovate this hotel to include more newer amenities and give more contemporary look and feel. They also need to improve their breakfast. The concierge lounge is best part of this hotel. All Food and concierge attendants are very good and friendly. I highly recommend this hotel for business travel and will keep coming back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you very much for providing us with some excellent feedback regarding our Hotel and staff. We really appreciate the fact that you took the time to write a review for our property and I will ensure you're feedback is shared with our team.

I am happy to share that we will be renovating our Public Space and Restaurant in the fall to make way for the Marriott Great Room concept. This is an exciting renovation that will modernize the space and add a number of social elements to ensure our guests can stay connected and enjoy high quality food and beverage throughout the Great Room. We will also be adding a Starbucks in the Lobby which is more great news for our guests that appreciate fine coffee.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to the opportunity to host you in your future travels.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We stay here when we have an early flight out of Columbus due to such close proximity to the airport. Checked in early afternoon and noticed the room was warm and stuffy. By the evening, it had not cooled. Spoke to front desk and found out there was an issue with air conditioner and the part they needed would not be in until Friday. A fan was brought to our room and Lucas moved us from the 5th floor to the 1st floor. They even offered to send us to the Courtyard. Lucas (and his staff) went above and beyond to assist and we will definately return. Kudos to you Lucas!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lucas_Laidlaw, General Manager at Columbus Airport Marriott, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Phillips Family,

Thank you very much for providing us with a review for our Hotel. It was great meeting you and I apologize again for the issue that led to you having to be relocated to a lower floor. I am happy to let you know that we have purchased and installed a brand new Air Conditioner for the Hotel to ensure that there are no further guest impacts and again we appreciate your patience with us.

I hope you had a great trip to Puerto Rico and please contact me directly the next time you plan on staying at our Hotel!

Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I checked in after a long week and needed to ship a large case of equipment via FedEx. I had a 0600 flight and needed the box in Utah for next week and Erica at the front desk was extremely helpful and went way above and beyond what needed to be done to make this happen. This is customer service at it's highest level. Thank you Erica! Keep up the great work.
Oh by the way, the hotel is just minutes from the airport and to make things a little easier i returned the rental car so not to have to deal with it at 0430. Erica and Amber made sure I was picked up at the airport to come back to the hotel. Yet another fine example of customer service!
... and the hotel is nice too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for writing a review of our Hotel and we sincerely appreciate the kind words regarding the service of Erica and Amber. They are both excellent representations of our Hotel staff and are committed to doing whatever it takes for our guests.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you in the future, and please don't hesitate to contact us if we can ever be of further service.