We were guests at the Airport Marriott in Columbus, OH this past weekend due to our family reunion; therefore, we occupied the majority of the 1st floor including a hospitality suite. I must mention that I am quite disappointed with this hotel because I expected far better quality of service from the Marriott Hotels. Before disclosing my disappointment, please know that the hotel staff, (that we encountered), were professional, nice, and sincere. These attributes are the only reason that I am rating this hotel a 3; otherwise, I would give rate it a 1.
Here's my review:
(1) The room was comfortable and clean; however, we reserved a double bed in April, but was told this was "not granted" because "we don't have any." Mind you, we have 3 children including an infant and after driving 8 hours to Columbus, learning that our hotel reservations were not honored, upset us. The hotel staff offered no apology, but wanted to give us what we needed such as extra linens.
*Many of our family members had to wait a few hours for rooms because they were not ready. The front desk staff reported "we are over booked" as the rationale. This is an airport hotel who should be used to accommodating large parties!
(2) We asked for a "crib" for the room and received an old pack 'n play instead which was too big for the room & we were not placing our infant within this dated "crib." This meant that our infant needed to sleep with us in one king sized bed. Not to mention, the maintenance staff could not figure out how to assemble a pack 'n play!
(3) We searched the room for a breakfast menu because we wanted to order breakfast in the room the next morning. No menu could be found; therefore, I called the operator (bless her heart) and she read the menu to me over the telephone. We received our food which was terrible plus the order was incorrect. Furthermore, we ordered sausage links, took a bite, and it was drowning in grease (yuk)! Literally, you could turn the link over & grease just ran out of it onto paper (tasted like old Crisco). This cost the hotel money because I asked for my money back for the sausage which was granted. The waffles and pancakes were dry and terrible. I received a full refund back for my money for breakfast. Maybe we had bad Chefs this past weekend, but we did not eat at the Marriott again.
(4) We left our hotel room at noon, returned at 4pm, left again at 5pm, and returned at 10pm to discover that our room had not been cleaned. That was the "straw that broke the camel's back" for us and I called the management who personally came up to our room. The linens were on the floor, food from the morning was still within the room including coffee, and we had no clean towels, linens, toiletries, or the feeling of cleanliness upon entering the room. The management personally came to the room to speak with us and promised that we would receive linens promptly. This was another failed promise from the Marriott because although we did receive new linens, we had to ask the cleaning staff for them ourselves since we did not receive quick service. Not only did the cleaning service not clean our room, they did not clean our other family members rooms either and they plan to write complaints to the Marriott as well.
We are appreciative and gracious people and thanked the hotel staff that helped us for their hospitality. The esthetics of the hotel were pleasing to the eye such as the decor, but the cleaning staff needs a serious lecture regarding cleanliness. Would we stay at the Airport Marriott Columbus, OH again? NO
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the center of it all at the Columbus Airport Marriott, the closest full-service Marriott to downtown Columbus and the airport. With corporate convenience and vacation comfort, Columbus Airport Marriott offers amenities for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Columbus Airport Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Columbus Airport Marriott Hotel Columbus
- Marriott Columbus
- Columbus Marriott
- Columbus Airport Marriott Ohio